We Stayed at the Pelangi Hotel from 20 February. I did lots of research online and chose the Pelangi for three reasons.
1. Absolute Beachfront position
3. Seminyak (Hopefully quieter)
I disregarded all the bad reviews and I am glad that I did. I gave The Pelangi an excellent rating because it delivered exactly what we were looking for. I really doubt you can beat the Pelangi for price when you consider that it has one of the best positions on the beach and is absolute beachfront. If we still had young children I would probably have chosen a resort but the Pelangi is great for us as a couple. I can't understand why people say the superior room is too small. It was plenty big enough for us and we didn't spend much time in it anyway. If the curtains are open you can see into the rooms opposite but I'm wondering why you would go to Bali if you are going to spend the day in your room! They do have satellite TV channels and the aircon was excellent. The room and the linen were spotless and cleaned very well everyday. We never heard a sound at night during the whole 10 days.. the walls are solid concrete not thin as someone else suggested. There was plenty of choice for breakfast...not 5 star but still good. The Pelangi has the most beautiful sparkling pool and a great swim up cocktail bar. The staff are all really lovely and friendly. We enjoyed the little restaurants on the beach and being able to sit on the bean bags and listen to live music at night. We managed to walk everywhere from the Pelangi. We walked to Kuta and back more than once but there is a complimentary shuttle to Kuta. People talk about the hotel being down a dark alley but that is an exaggeration. It took us 2 minutes to walk to the road with all the restaurants and I always felt safe even when walking by myself. It takes about 10 minutes until you reach legian along the beachfront. We did not eat at the Pelangi so can't comment on the meals. To be truthful we did not find the decor very appealing and found it much more fun to try all the little restaurants in town. There are so many lovely, reasonable little restaurants within a few minutes walk. Lucky Day was one of our favourite... food is superb...especially the Nasi Rames and the black rice pudding. I was worried with my choice of hotel before I stayed because of some of the reviews but we will stay there again. My only problem which would not prevent me from staying again, is that there is not enough shade. Ideally I would like more trees but it would be difficult because the hotel is on a long thin plot. The Spa is good if you want to pay for it... a completely different experience from the massages on the beach. I recommend Rusty if you need a beach massage. We used the security boxes in the lobby and had no problems at all. You would probably be better to change your money either at the hotel or there is a good moneychanger next to the Bingtang supermarket. We tried one down in Seminyak Road with a high rate and we somehow managed to lose USD60. Obviously very clever magicians! If you want more luxury for the same price I am sure you could get it in Nusa Dua but we love the area and the easy accessibility to everything. We look forward to our next stay at the Pelangi.
- Also Known As:
- Pelangi Bali Seminyak
- Hotel Pelangi Bali
- Pelangi Bali
- Pelangi Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelangi hotel Bali is located in beautiful, serene Seminyak with its white sandy beaches and rolling waves are perfect for the keen surfer or those who wish to indulge in the warm sun and outstanding landscape. Not only will you experience a rich culture unlike any other, you will carry memories of people, places, sounds, smells and a fantastic getaway.Pelangi Bali Hotel also have direct access to the beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Pelangi Bali Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.