We just spent to most amazing week at the The Villas for our honeymoon and I just wanted to offer my thanks to the most lovely staff ever. We booked the honeymoon package and it was truly magical. It included airport transfer to our gorgeous 1 bedroom villa, breakfast cooked in our villa by personal chef daily, romantic in villa dinner and flower bath, massages almost daily, and a dinner cruise. From the moment we arrived to the minute we left we were looked after and the staff at The Villas are so lovely.
We were positioned at the Sunset Villas which is about a 3 minute drive away from the main complex (10 minutes if you walk), but it has it's own reception and shuttle service to get you to the restaurant and spas which are located at the main complex. TIP: Use the shuttle service to get between the complexes. Bali is really hot and the walk to get to a spa appointment is not a pleasent experience.
The decor in the villa is lovely. All bathroom and living areas are under cover, but open air. They are well maintained and clean. The kitchen offers basic utensils which is handy. There is a water cooler to provide drinking water and pool towels to go swimming. The only enclosed room is the bedroom which is airconditioned. Bed is on the rather firm side, but pillows and quilt is confortable and the turndown service in the evenings includes a spray for mossies and closing the gorgeous canopy on the bed.
We only have a couple of complaints/suggestions....
As the living area is open air, there are rats. We only ever saw one rat and only on a few of the nights, but it climbed all over the benches and ate the fruit in the basket that was provided. If you have dirty plates in the kitchen they will climb all over them to get the scraps. They get into the bin looking for food (and sometimes can't get out - nasty shock in the morning). Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done as the kitchen area where it is most likely to be food is open air.
Our other complaint is to do with being charged a full room rate to use the room after check out as our flight was leaving very late in the evening. When I had originally asked about this over email before our holiday I was told that 50% would be charge, which I thought was fair. However on checkout we found we were charged the whole room rate for use of the room. At low season with the villas at half capacity we thought this was a bit much. I was advised that it was standard practice and when I advised that I was told it would only be half the room rate I was told that someone had given me false information. A little frustrating.
In the one bedroom villas the TV is in the bedroom, so you are pretty much confined to there if you want to watch something. The bathrooms are hot. They are open, so the humidity and heat of bali gets in. They are also very poorly lit. I couldn't do hair or make up in the evenings as it was quite dark and it wouldn't have lasted anyway due to the heat.
Bring your own mosquito repellant.... I found the daily spraying, mosquito net around the bed and weekly fogging is not enough. Aeroguard was the only thing that worked.
The only thing I would never fault is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They are truly wonderful and very attentive. Don't be afraid to ask them for anything, whether its to arrange transport or make dinner reservations, even view another villa, etc.
Our honeymoon really was a lovely experience at the villas, and despite the (very few) negatives it didn't spoil our honeymoon at all. We will difinately be coming back to the Villas and this time we are bringing a big group with us. We've already started making arrangements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive accommodation offers privacy and luxury with all the conveniences of a full service hotel. Every one, two or three bedroom Villa has its own private swimming pool. We're located in the heart of Seminyak, one of Bali's trendiest areas; walking distance to dozens of fabulous restaurants and shops, yet once within The Villas grounds that has 24 hour security, it is extremely quiet and private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas Bali Hotel And Spa
- The Villas Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Hotel Bali
- The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa Seminyak