“Heaven on earth...absolute paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oberoi Bali

You added The Oberoi Bali to your Saves list
The Oberoi Bali
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Seminyak Beach, Jl. Kayu Aya, Seminyak, Bali 80033, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
5th Night free-Room only
Ranked #6 of 112 Hotels in Seminyak
“Heaven on earth...absolute paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'm writing this review whilst sitting on the terrace outside out room of the Oberoi. Today we leave for another hotel further along the coast. Myself and new husband came to the oberoi for our honeymoon and stayed here from 24.08.13 - 31.08.13. Words cannot actually describe the hotels beauty, elegance and service. I would definitely say that this is the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in. The attention to detail is spectacular everything is so perfect. The service is impeccable, I truly believe that it would take alot to ever beat it. The staff are all genuinely friendly all of the time and clearly enjoy working here, you never see an unhappy face. I think the staff need to come to England to teach hospitality to the English- show them how it's really done!! Every time a staff member passes whether it be garden staff, poolside or restaurant they always share a "good morning" or a big smile.

We had a meal in the restaurant and again this was easily the best meal I'd ever eaten, everything was perfect. The chef is second to non and we even got chance to meet him.

Lay at the pool/beach area you are treated like kings and queens cold bottled water all day, water spray, scented flannels, fresh fruit screwers and frozen sorbet. There is even a friendly staff member who cleans your sunglasses.

I genuinely, genuinely haven't got a bad word to day about this place. In fact I just said to my husband if there was one wish you could have now what would it be...his response to stay here longer (not to relive our wedding day;-)) which obviously speaks volumes!!

I'm hoping this gets read before we have to leave and the kind manager tells us we can stay.

The Oberoi truly is heaven on Earth and has been the perfect stay.

Lara and dan

• Stayed August 2013
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Laralou30,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your honeymoon visit to The Oberoi, Bali I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed the services, warm Balinese staff, food, landscape, setting, and style here at The Oberoi, Bali.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to The Oberoi, Bali again one day. (And I hope you can stay longer next time!)

Email : john.halpin@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My sixth visit to Bali was also my fifth stay at The Oberoi in ten years. I have reviewed this property twice before (the first review was deleted) and seen it evolve. In the life of any hotel (or indeed ANY life!) there are ups and downs….but what amazes about The Oberoi is its consistency. And this is what keeps bringing people back, time after time.
As for me, I don’t travel “to Bali” any more but to The Oberoi Bali. The hotel IS the destination. Nor do I feel the need to leave its precincts more than necessary.
For one thing, the food is superb. In spite of the competition of many restaurants all around the neighbouring streets, one doesn’t want to eat anywhere else….unless one craves variety or a change of scene. Resident Executive Chef Enrico Wahl has been here for many years and his menus are a delight, catering to most palates and requirements. His personal culinary skills are formidable; in fact, I would call him a genius.
An excellent wine-list, spanning a wide price-range, and a well-stocked bar with talented bartenders who know what they are doing. And what a bar! Warm and romantic, overlooking the grounds with a view of the coast and sea. And two restaurants: one formal and “fine-dining”; the other with a breath-taking beachfront location for unforgettable breakfasts and alfresco evenings.
In fact, “warm and romantic” would describe the overall tone of the resort quite well. To which I would add that it is an utterly civilised place, redolent with a real sense of “place”, culture and history. A far cry from the hysterical party-zones; high-tech yuppy hide-outs complete with “chill-out” bars; or pretentious pseudo-Zen minimalism dotted all over Bali. Instead, here we have beautiful, well-tended, peaceful grounds with age-old trees gorgeously lit at night; and an amphitheatre carved in volcanic rock, where the hotel hosts utterly riveting performances of Balinese dance-drama.
The rooms are “old-fashioned” in the BEST sense of the term; cozy, comfortably-furnished, large and homely. With stunning oversized bathrooms and dressing areas. And all the mod-cons anyone could possibly need.
The pièce-de-resistance? The service. Many of the staff have been here decades; and one gets the feeling one is being welcomed into a family. Their quiet, courteous efficiency, warmth and genuine desire to serve are remarkable, especially considering the hotel has a “no tipping” policy, though on check-out one may leave gratuities. Which one does, out of sheer gratitude rather than obligation.
What more can I say about a place I call “home”?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear bombayteddy,

Thank you very much for posting your kind review about The Oberoi, Bali on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your fifth visit with us. We are truly appreciative of your repeated visits and will always do our best to ensure you feel at home here.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and Chef Enrico's cuisine.

Thank you for having stayed with us once again , and we look forward the next opportunity to welcome you back to The Oberoi, Bali for the sixth time.

Sincere regards,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We booked the oberoi for the first 5 nights of our honeymoon. After a few hectic nights and a long flight to Bali, all tiredness faded away as we arrived in paradise! That's the only word to describe the oberoi. Beautiful gardens, right on the beach combined with traditional balinese settings set for a spectacular setting. The rooms are beautiful, pool area next to beach is great with extremely helpful attendants who sorted surf lessons 20 yards from hotel. All staff are so friendly and helpful. We used the spa and the treatments were in some setting! Bar is nice. Food is great, breakfast is nice with lots of choice, snacks in the bar are lovely, staff bring you treats at he pool during the day and afternoon tea too is great. Restaurant is unreal, we had 3 courses but they give you so much more and the food is amazing. Very close to Main Street in seminyak for shopping, food, drinks etc
Would recommend to any a honeymooners going to Bali, it was perfect for us, just paradise!

• Stayed July 2013
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Brian L,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your visit in July to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit here and that you have enjoyed the traditional architecture, location, warm Balinese staff, services, and setting here at The Oberoi, Bali. I am happy to note that our location on the beach and proximity to the shops and restaurants has been enjoyed by you.

Thank you for having stayed with us, and we all look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My Wife and I have just returned from an 8 night stay. This is our 3rd time at this resort and the standard of service never changes, it's always of the top level.
The Oberoi may not be the newest resort in the Seminyak area, but I don't think any come close to it for it's very spacious grounds and always smiling staff. It's a little like a Bali version of the iconic Singapore Raffles, it has old world elegance.
The staff always make you feel special with small touches like cleaning your sunglasses while round the pool, or the constant supply of cold bottled water, again whilest at the pool.
The first morning we turned up for Breakfast at the Frangipani Cafe one of the young waiters named Satya remembered my Wife and my name form a previous stay 7month previous, very impressed.
To the General Manager, John, you obviously treat your staff very well as they're all so genuinly happy in their jobs. Keep up the good work, we'll see you next time.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
Dear George G,

Thank you very much for posting your review about The Oberoi, Bali on Trip.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your third visit with us. We are appreciative of your repeated visits and will always do our best to ensure you feel at home.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. I always try my best to ensure every team member is all well treated so they can, in turn, treat all of our guests well. Thank you for noticing and I am glad you have enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you for having stayed with us once again , and we look forward the next opportunity to welcome you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We know Bali very well travelling there for the past 15 years, but never stayed at the Oberoi. This resort is right on the beach in Seminyak and has the charm of the real balinese architecure with all modern comfort. A beautiful garden with the swimmingpool right on top of the beach, fantastic staff which is looking after you at all time and a great chef at the restaurant providing you with a gourmet experience. We had a very relaxing stay and at all times, even in the crazy new world of Bali, we felt pampered and could choose, guided by the staff of the Hotel, between the best and most relaxing oportunities to go for. To recommend to people wanting to live some of the old balinese magic without missing the most modern outfit. We will come back...

Room Tip: rooms to the garden do have less wave noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Gero Z,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit here and that you have appreciated the traditional architecture, location, warm Balinese staff, services, and setting here at The Oberoi, Bali. Indeed it is juxtaposed with what Seminyak has become. Truly the best of both worlds!

We look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you to The Oberoi, Bali once again.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for 4 nights at the start of our honeymoon and from the moment we arrived the service was amazing. Every staff member greeted us with a smile and couldn't do more to make our stay so wonderful. The grounds are set out like a Balinese palace and the hotel is an Oasis in the middle of the buzzing Seminyak. The artwork, water features and sculptures decorated around the gardens are breath taking. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the pool is amazing with an ocean view to die for. We booked the hotel car for a few day trips and this was a perfect way to see some of Bali's incredible temples and sights. Also the lifeguard arranged some surf lessons for us which were really good fun. The hotel food is outstanding however if you feel like you want to eat outside you are within walking distance of many great places like Ku de ta and Potato Head. The level of service was really outstanding and the staff at the Oberoi really embody the Balinese spirit and hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AnnaLombardPerito,

roeselare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed at the Oberoi for 9 days, after 7days stay in Ubud. We wanted a nice and quiet hotel near the seaside after the lush greens of Ubud. Entering Seminyak, we feared that we were mistaken because of the many shops, restaurants etc.. However, after one step on Oberoi ground, we realised this would be a fabulous experience, and it was !
The grounds are wonderful and have a near poetic authenticity, the staff are just amazing, not only friendly but anticipating on almost everything you could wish for.
The ocean is omnipresent and the rooms are a gem and extremely well kept.
The Oberoi really felt like a sanctuary, combining wonderful hospitality with the true soul of Bali.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear trickske | roeselare,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you found the style, gardens, warm Balinese staff and setting of The Oberoi, Bali have met with your expectations.

Thank you for satying with us, and we all look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali again.

Email : john.halpin@oberoihotels.com

Been to The Oberoi Bali? Share your experiences!