“Crème de la crème!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oberoi Bali

Save Saved
You added The Oberoi Bali to your Saves list
The Oberoi Bali
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Seminyak Beach, Jl. Kayu Aya, Seminyak, Kuta, Bali 80033, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 81 hotels in Seminyak
Paris, France
“Crème de la crème!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had stayed at The Oberoi in Bali for four days in early August 2013. It's the first time for us to stay at this beautiful hotel by the Seminyak beach (although my partner had previously stayed at The Oberoi in Colombo and I had previously stayed at both of The Four Seasons in Bali). We must admit that our stay in Bali this time has become one of the most memorable vacations we've ever had greatly due to our choice of The Oberoi. From the moment of our reservation with the hotel to our departure from Bali, The Oberoi team had provided us with very helpful and efficient assistance and highly professional services. It would be unfair to compare the service and qualities between The Oberoi and The Four Seasons in my opinion since I believe for those few hotels that have reached such high level, its really a matter of personal taste. What we really like about The Oberoi is the truely comfortable and elegant atmosphere created by the hotel staff, the authentic Balinese settings of the hotel as well as the beautiful view of the Seminyak beach right in front of the hotel. There's an underlying elegance and poetic inspiration which we couldn't find in other hotels of the same category in Bali. The staff were attentive but not invasive giving you the personal space to comfortably enjoy your time in the hotel. Certain little touches such as the event of releasing 49 endangered new born sea turtles back to the ocean organized by the hotel which my partner and I participated are something that we really appreciated and will surely always remember. The only regret that we had was that we had only stayed for 4 days. Yet, we'll certainly come back again hopefully very soon.

• Stayed August 2013
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Tristan C,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that your holiday has been enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you for having stayed with us, and we all look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

781 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My partner and I recently had another opportunity to experience the Oberoi Bali. We have stayed several times there and found that it is different from the other hotels in Bali! It has beautiful landscaping, ocean views and great facilities with friendly and professional staff! The location is also fantastic where you can easily find all fancy bars & restaurants, and boutiques. Most of all it has an ambience with the Balinese touch that made our stay a memorable one !
We have been to Bali for many times over the years and found the Oberoi Bali is a real treat for the past, present, and the future!

Hari Purnomo

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you very much for posting your review about The Oberoi, Bali on Trip.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed our warm Balinese staff, setting and location to lively Seminyak, here at The Oberoi, Bali. I am happy to know that it is just as you remember.
I appreciate your acknowledgement of "The Balinese touch", for it is indeed my Balinese colleagues who ensure all details are attended to in that special way.

Thank you for having stayed with us once again , and we look forward the next opportunity to welcome you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wife and I spent 3 days at Oberoi (and 3 at amankila in Manggis, and 3 at Viceroy in Ubud) and I think we all agreed that Oberoi was tops amongst them. I spent considerable time pouring over reviews in seminyak/legian prior to booking the trip - its our first trip to Bali and travel time from NY makes it unlikely to do again soon - and I wish I had just booked Oberoi at the start of due diligence like my friend advised. Sprawling grounds yet it has an intimate feel, in the heart of seminyak but you'd never know it, personal and caring - they do an incredible job. If you want a big resort with huge pools with slides and swim up bars and a great big buffet for dinner - this is not the place you want to stay. If you want a serene, intimate, beautiful, classic place where service is done with a genuine desire to please and everyone knows you and wants to make you feel at home (if home was in luscious green grounds, with amazing surfing outside and people come by to clean your sunglasses in the middle of the day and bring by fruits and have tea at 4) then this is the place for you! Fantastic food, people who care and genuinely want to see you be pleased, great rooms (stays on 242) and a great location. Oberoi can't be beat, not just in seminyak, but in all of Bali.

Room Tip: Room 242 - all the way at eye end of the resort with and ocean view. Great room to have.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bv0ps,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you found the style, gardens, warm Balinese staff and setting of The Oberoi, Bali have met with your expectations.

Thank you for having stayed with us, and we all look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali, if you ever make it this far away from Brooklyn again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at The Oberoi three times now and frankly, would not consider staying anywhere else in Bali. On our third stay, we felt like we were returning home. Everything was familiar and everything about this place is faultless - nothing has changed since our first visit several years ago. The location is perfect - right on the beach but secluded in an Indonesian paradise and walking distance (or very short taxi ride) to any number of casual and high-end restaurants. The Oberoi staff are amazing - the friendliest I have ever experienced and nothing is an issue. You will not be disappointed at The Oberoi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TravellingGirl1965,

Thank you very much for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali once again.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed our warm Balinese staff, setting and location to lively Seminyak, here at The Oberoi, Bali. I am happy to note that our location on the beach and proximity to the shops and restaurants has been enjoyed by you.

Upper Hutt, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We recently returned from a holiday at the Oberoi in Bali (my 4th time there) I just had to Wright to say just how amazing the Oberoi is. Its the most peaceful, relaxed,Beautiful place to stay. a few years ago i tried another 5 star hotel in Nusa Dua it was more expensive and we had a private pool and court yard and i have to say I way prefer my lani at the Oberoi and that is largely due to the fantastic, warm, friendly, helpful and funny members of staff and management.
I also love that they have kept it very traditional with thatched roofs and beautiful baseline art.
So the end result for myself my partner Chris my niece and best friend is we are all returning next year, our plane tickets are booked and accommodation getting sorted yeeesss :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Melissa R,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali once again in May, 2013.

I am delighted to note that you have all enjoyed your 4th visit to The Oberoi, Bali. I enjoyed meeting all of you when you were here.

We look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming all of you back to The Oberoi, Bali once again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a terrific stay in a garden lanai room the Oberoi. The rooms, grounds, pool, oceanview, everything are beautiful, peaceful and well cared for. Staff is professional and friendly. Concierge desk is great at suggesting and arranging tours. Afternoon tea is a special treat, and the gamelan musicians are a nice touch. Location couldn't be better -- right on the beach and near Seminyak shops and restaurants. As larger hotels crop up on the beach, Oberoi remains an oasis that feels like the real Bali.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear VinceDC,

Thank you very much for your comments on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the authentic Balinese atmosphere here.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali again one day.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

An older estate, it enjoys the beautiful and expansive beach frontage, with (what looks like) most of the accommodation nicely scattered around matured and beautifully landscaped garden by the beach; our experience in a garden lanai (balinese thatched roof chalet) is good, it is immaculately maintained, with nice soothing fountain greeting our entry, and it comes with a comfortable sized separate shower/sunkened bathtub overlooking a small private garden. The whole establishment permeates both comfortable elegance and traditional balinese charm, this to us is simply the absolute choice stay in Seminyak. We enjoyed the lazy afternoons by the pool, lapped up the daily complimentary tea/ snacks, loved the gorgeous sunset on the beach. We also liked the easy walking distance to the oh so fashionably chic shops and eateries nearby. Service in this place is top notch throughout, breakfast of good quality, spa pure bliss. This place is it for us, really a slice of heaven, beautiful and tranquil to rejuvenate, yet not too quiet with shopping within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: stayed in 256, which is at the end for privacy with nice fountain to greet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

We look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you to The Oberoi, Bali once again.

Email : john.halpin@oberoihotels.com

Been to The Oberoi Bali? Share your experiences!