“If I could give it 6 stars I would” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oberoi Bali

You added The Oberoi Bali to your Saves list
The Oberoi Bali
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Seminyak Beach, Jl. Kayu Aya, Seminyak, Bali 80033, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Starting at $350 pernight
Ranked #4 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth Western Australia
“If I could give it 6 stars I would”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had ( prior to booking and since) read a number of reviews of The Oberoi.
Can I say that nothing I read came close to describing the quality and professionalism demonstrated by all members of the staff every day.
From. The airport pickup (part of the "unforgettable experience package ) through to check out The Oberoi was truly 5 star.
The attention to detail both in the facility itself but more importantly by the staff is unrivaled.
When we arrived prior to the official time we were still escorted to our rooms (our son travelled with us) and the staff member spent quite some time explaining the feature of the room,how the lights worked etc - a very nice touch.
After unpacking we ventured to the pool area only to be greeted by an attendant who undertook a space for us both away from the smokers!
Here as in every other location within the hotel attention to detail and exceptional customer service were paramount - nothing was too much trouble and if you chose to you would never have to lift a finger as your every need, including cold water and sunscreen, are anticipated by staff.
A special treat is the cleaning of your glasses when sitting by the pool.
Breakfast is comprehensive and delicious however it might be a good idea to explain that you are able to order from the complete menu.

The room itself was delightful and there was more than enough room for both of us.
The delivery of both an Indonesian newspaper (The Jakarta Post) and a photocopied summary of our australian newspaper was a nice touch as was the choice of fruit offered each day.

Afternoon tea,with entertainment, is held every afternoon.
Can I suggest here some savory offerings?

We are coming back to Bali in February 2013 and hope to spend our 8 days with you at The Oberoi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the service from the team has met with you expectations. I am delighted that you enjoyed breakfasts served seaside at our Frangipani café and also thank you for your suggestion to explain that breakfast can be ordered from the complete menu. I will share your suggestion with our chef to offer some savoury options at afternoon tea as well.

Thank you for staying with us, and look forward to the opportunity of one day again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Email : john.halpin@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great service, perfect location, old school charm but note the bottled water is excessively expensive which is a shame as it causes people to look elsewhere to eat or drink

Surprisingly good pizza, well appointed and classic rooms although small

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review about your recent stay at The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed all of the services, environment, style, and setting of The Oberoi, Bali. I truly appreciate your recognition of the service delivery from our staff who are the heart and soul of this historic beachfront resort.

Thank you for your feedback regarding bottled water prices; I would like to clarify for the sake of TripAdvisor readers that complimentary mineral water is served poolside, at restaurants, and is available in all the rooms. Imported brands such as San Pellegrino and Evian incur high tariffs from Indonesian Customs and Duty tax and therefore are priced high. All Food and Beverage prices here are displayed including 11% government taxes and 10% service charge. At a glance this does raise eyebrows, however we have found that many guests unfamiliar with Bali appreciate the all-inclusive pricing along with The Oberoi’s No Tipping policy.

Thank you for staying with us, and we all look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon and it was one of three hotels we went to in Bali and I'm afraid to say it was our least favourite.

When we arrived we were told as a honeymoon couple they had chosen a quiet part of the hotel for us. Then we ended up in a far corner room overlooked by a very noisy construction site. So that was a disappointing start, though we were much happier when they did allow us to change room where we couldn't hear or see the construction. As a honeymooner we didn't feel too special: no room upgrades and just a free rather disgusting cake and some rose petals on the bed. Perhaps the Oberoi in Seminyak gets so many honeymooners that its more commonplace than special.

Also there are 2 types of room at the hotel, we were in a standard room and we found it to be very small, especially the bathroom area. The loo is right next to the bath/shower. The wooden bed frame is in keeping with the Balinese style but not practical for the size of the room and I kept bruising myself getting into bed. I think considering the price; the size and layout of the rooms should be upgraded. Also the DVD library should be better curated!

On the plus side, the pool was fantastic - the best of our trip - and we especially enjoyed the afternoon teas and Balinese entertainment. The service at the pool was excellent and the staff were very friendly & helpful. Also the Oberoi bath products were wonderful & unique.

The beach by the hotel itself is pretty disappointing but the location is pretty good, though I think further up the beach from seminyak is a hipper area now. We were close to a fantastic italian restaurant la lucola, which is just as well as food at the Oberoi is again vastly overpriced.

Also it was disappointing to see a drinks reception for some, but not all guests, going on one evening.

If we went back to Seminyak again we'd probably stay at the W hotel, that said if the Oberoi had an overhaul and/ or lower its prices I'd consider it again.

So overall the hotel and experience was a bit disappointing, and also I think this area is more for families and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for honeymooners.

• Stayed June 2012
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your point of view about The Oberoi, Bali after your honeymoon visit six months ago in June 2012.

I am delighted to receive your compliments about our swimming pool, afternoon teas, and authentic Balinese entertainment.

On the contrary I am extremely apologetic to know that you found the value for money, facilities, room size and layout were not as you had expected. The Oberoi is very popular, and due to high occupancy we were only able to move you to another accommodation later in the day. We had extended late check out to some of our long staying repeat guests, and therefore the room we moved you to was not available until later in the day. High occupancy experienced in June also made it difficult to upgrade your accommodation as a honeymoon courtesy. I am sorry you did not like the complimentary honeymoon cake provided. We invite returning guests and some of our guests who stay for a week or more to a small drinks reception once a week. I apologise that you had not been asked to join us that evening. With 74 rooms a drinks recption could have tunred into cocktails for 150 people, which is why we are unable to invite everyone.

As you mention in your review, Seminyak is becoming a "hip" area. With its' newfound hip-ness comes construction and development. It is very unfortunate that some of the development is just over our boundary wall. When The Oberoi was built, the only thing over the boundary wall was verdent rice fields for as far as the eye could see. I apologise that this outside development disturbed your enjoyment of the 6 hectare gardens and beachfront that The Oberoi, Bali is set upon.

The beach in front of The Oberoi is the only stretch of beach from Kuta to Canggu that does not have hawkers and sun beds in front of it. I am but sure why the lack of hawkers and rentable sun-beds left you disappointed.

The Oberoi, Bali is one of the most mature resorts in Seminyak. We have added subtle upgrades over the years whilst always being sympathetic to Balinese culture and history. More re-investment in the property is planned for the future.

Thank you for having stayed with us. We do appreciate your feedback and opinions. We really to strive to deliver a classical Balinese style of 5 Star Service. Your feedback and suggestions will help us move closer to this.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My new husband and I stayed at The Oberoi for 10 nights as part of our honeymoon. We were blown away by The Oberoi, its setting and the staff. The hotel was immaculate and the staff tended to your every need and always greeted you with a smile. Our room was beyond our expectations with a spacious room and seating area, our own front and rear terrace complete with gazebo and sunbeds and the bathroom was gorgeous with a fantastic sunken bath. On arrival we received a Congratulations cake and personalised card from the Manager, what lovely little touches to make you feel special!

The Kura Kura restaurant and Frangipani café in the hotel served fantastic food but we did also enjoy eating out. Within a short 5/10 minute walk there was the brilliant Café Bali and The Junction which served typical Balinese food as well as well known home comforts! The Oberoi served afternoon tea every day in the Amphitheatre, we enjoyed gorgeous homemade cakes whilst enjoying the Balinese entertainment the hotel put on.

The Oberoi is complete luxury and I would go back at the drop of a hat!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on Trip Advisor after your honeymoon visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay. I am extremely privileged to work with such a wonderful team of people here in Bali. I am happy to note that they looked after you well and left you with fond memories.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the cuisine in Kura-Kura and Frangipani Cafe as well as the afternoon tea and Activities at our Amphitheatre each day.

Thank you for staying with us, and look forward to the opportunity of one day welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Oberoi for 4 nights in November and it exceded our expectations in every way.The attention to detail was exceptional. From the gardeners meticulously managing the beautiful gardens to the house keepers putting the finishing touches in the rooms were magnificent. Everybody always greated you with a warm smile and even remembered your name!
The rooms were large enough with a great shower and high quality soaps, and the air-conditioner worked very well; which was required.
The restaurant and bar were superb; overlooking the ocean with exceptional service.
The beach was very warm to swim in with life guards present - as the surf was quite rough at times. However, the pool was very large and inviting to swim in. The service at the pool was exceptional with the free iced water, snacks, sunscreen and towel service. Nothing was missed.

The spa is a must! The service and standards were exceptional with a great variety of treatments.
Overall attention to detail was superb. If you are looking for quality then the Oberoi is the place.
We will return!

Room Tip: For privacy and good access to the beach, room 246 was great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, November 27, 2012

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was the last of the three hotels we stayed in during our trip to Bali (others being Maya Ubud and Tembok Rai Spa Resort) and it was the best one - the room we were in (half a villa) was gorgeous and the bathroom even more amazing - it was nearly the size of the bedroom with a bath and shower which opened up into the garden (enclosed for privacy!) as well as two sinks as well.

Every morning we were given a 4 page summary of British news to read outside our door and fruit every afternoon - we could choose which fruit to have and there was such a mix of interesting local and tropical fruits. Although a la carte, we were able to mix and match choices in the extensive breakfast menu (which we were not able to do in Tembok) and there was a variety of vegetarian dishes for room service as well as in the restaurants. One evening we ordered pizza for room service and were amazed at the quality and also the price (considering the hotel). In addition on the morning we had to check out we had breakfast delivered to our room early and it was the exact order we asked for, made perfectly.

The swimming pool was not an infinity pool but still nice enough and sunblock was provided to guests which was a good touch. One thing that really touched me was that all the staff knew us by name and addressed us by this whenever we met or walked past. Like the Maya Ubud, there was afternoon tea every day at 4pm with interesting cakes and local sweet dishes being served.

Overall the best hotel to end our trip to Bali and if we were to come again we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you found the quality of our food, warm and friendly Balinese staff, setting and style of the resort has met with your expectations.

Thank you for staying with us, and look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Darwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel oozes charm elegance. We enjoyed a beautiful tasting and presented meal. Generous servings and complimentary tasting topped the night. Wine was expensive but probably no more than we would pay for a restaurant in Australia. Staff were attentive and the atmosphere was relaxed. Would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed the atmosphere of The Oberoi, and your dinner at our Kura-Kura Restaurant.

Wine prices in Indonesia are indeed steep as the government controlled beverage industry is subject to exorbitant taxation. We try our best to work within these high tariffs to have a nice balanced selection of wines from around the world.

Once again thank you for sharing your valuable TripAdvisor comment and look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Email : john.halpin@oberoihotels.com

Been to The Oberoi Bali? Share your experiences!