This was the final location on our trip to Hong Kong & Bali (see Intercontinental Hong Kong & The Chedi Club at Tanah Gajah).
The Legian is situated on a fabulous stretch of beach in Seminyak. The rooms are huge as it is an all-suite hotel. We had a bedroom with large living area, large bathroom and 2 balconies one with table & chairs the other with sunbeds as well as a small kitchen with a full size fridge (great for stocking up on cold drinks). Usual LCD TV, Bose sound system but also 2 pre-loaded iPods with around 5,000 songs on each of all different taste/genres and included headsets so you could take them with you too the pool (great idea).
The pool is a 2 tiered infinity one that overlooks the sea and was rarely busy during the week we were there. They also have plenty of sunbeds and large daybeds around the beachfront. They bring you iced water, cold towels and high factor sunscreen on arrival at the pool.
The restaurant food is very good and the lunchtime snack menu at the poolside bar usually has a good chefs special such as seared tuna or red snapper in addition to the usual snack fare. As usual the service was excellent and delivered with a smile (thanks Artini).
Location is 5 mins into shops at Seminyak where there is a great selection of boutiques & lots of bars and restaurants. We ate at La Lucciola (decent but over priced), Hu'u Bar (fantastic setting, good food and superb service) have to mention Ratna and April who looked after us fantastically. We also ate at the Queen Tandoor in Seminyak... avoid, food was mediocre and if it rains (which it did the night we were there) you are in danger of getting soaked as it pours through the roof!
The only watch-for is the building works going on next door (it looks a major project) and whilst It caused me no trouble during day round the pool, in fact the crashing waves made more noise, but when on my balcony it was intrusive (nothing the hotel can do about it, but I was not informed that it was happening)
In all a really top hotel with super service and a great location...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 11 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. In keeping with GHM’s tradition to provide guests a culturally inviting experience, The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, AsiaRooms, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali – a GHM Hotel Seminyak