“Mind blowing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 101 Hotels in Seminyak
London, United Kingdom
“Mind blowing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I've stayed in some pretty smart hotels over the years and I tend not to get too wowed by hotels these days. However,The Legian is a breathtaking experience from the minute you arrive. The service is astonishing and the rooms (we stayed in the deluxe suite) are well appointed and serviced by some excellent room service. The swimming pools, bars, restaurants are all what you would expect from this level of hotel. The big distinguishing point is always the service and the quality of staff they have at the hotel.

The hotel has breathtaking views and Seminyak is a lovely town with some nice places to drink and eat too. I cannot thank you enough for making our honeymoon so pleasurable.

Review collected in partnership with GHM Hotels

TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear 601Jonathan,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Legian Bali to spend your Honeymoon and writing a review on your experience. I am very happy to read that you had a wonderful stay and you were very impressed with the level of personalized service received from the moment you arrived till your departure. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the magnificence of a Balinese Sunset and found us to be ideally located in the heart of Seminyak.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to The Legian Bali.

Kevin J. Abramowicz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have read some of the reviews of this hotel and I came to the conclusion that I really could not add to the praise they have already elicited from other guests. But I cannot resist the opportunity to at least acknowledge that the management and staff created for me and my wife a memorable experience that we shall never forget.
The staff work very hard and this is the core of the experience because they do this with good grace and pleasantness from beginning to end. A typical day starts with a pleasant greeting at breakfast from the smiles of the attendants and goes on through to the pool areas and restaurants. The staff who clean the rooms and leave them pristine should not be forgotten either.
In truth I had expected as much and I thought that the holiday would be partly made by this level of attention to making our stay trouble free. I had also thought that I would be keen to get out and about to see what the island of Bali had to offer but I was seduced by the hotel and I was glad to surrender!
I wish we lived nearer...
So in rounding off, thank you so much.

Room Tip: I am sure they're all equally good. They all face the sea and the sunsets. Our room on the 1st f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MikePJ,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at The Legian Bali. It is extremely encouraging to learn that we were able to meet your expectations as well as amaze you with the level of service offered whether by the pools, in the outlets or in the suite. It is also very nice to know that we created an unforgettable experience for your wife and you.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali to experience much more.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our family of 5 stayed in the 2-room suite for 3 nights. The moment we stepped into the hotel, saw the pools and spoke to the staff, we felt truly on holiday. We loved every moment spent in the Legian and will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with GHM Hotels

Dear 555Wong_family,

It was lovely having your family and you stay with us at The Legian Bali and we are truly pleased to hear that you all appreciated every moment of it.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to The Legian Bali.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Legian is the epitome of luxury. My husband and I spent just 2 nights at the Legian on our honeymoon. It was exactly what we needed. The suite we stayed in was absolutely perfect with a large sitting room overlooking the ocean and two patios for lounging and eating. We were welcomed with a bottle of champagne to enjoy while we unpacked. Everything throughout our stay was just right. The gorgeous pool and beach area were perfect: from the water and cold towel at the loungers to the perfect spot to watch sunset. The infinity pool was warm but refreshing. The breakfast buffet was wonderful with a great selection of Western and Indonesian cuisine.

Only minor negative: We ate dinner at the restaurant on our first night there. The service and atmosphere were wonderful, but for the prices we paid the food was a little underwhelming. We enjoyed the tenderloin appetizer with Balinese spices a lot, but the main courses did not spark too much excitement. The next night we went to Bambu, just a short walk away, which was great. A true taste of "upscale Indonesian".

Overall, a wonderful resort! We wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: If you get a room overlooking the ocean, you can hear the waves crashing, even over the sound of the...
Dear Abby D,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you very much for selecting The Legian Bali to spend one of the most important and special holidays in your life as well as to take the time to write about it.

We are very happy to hear that you had a superb stay, enjoyed the service delivered by our staff, the amenities in your suite, the stunning sunset views onto the beach from around the property and the other facilities that the hotel has to offer. We do appreciate your feedback towards your experience in The Restaurant and have shared this with the respective department concerned.

We very much look forward to welcoming you both back to celebrate your first anniversary here with us at The Legian Bali.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is excellent!! From the time we checked in to the time we checked out - simply excellent.
Check in- prompt and smooth. We were greeted by the Asst Manager (Rohan) who was very warm. Reception gave us a short tour of the property and by the time we got to our rooms (10mins tops) our luggage was already in our room.
Service - faultless even if one is fault finding. Prompt service with a smile. They even address everyone in your party by name. Even the people cleaning the fish ponds were smiling and greeting you when you walk pass them.
Rooms - heaven. Huge 1 bedroom suite complete with a small pantry, huge balcony with your own private day bed overlooking the magnificent Indian Ocean, comfy king bed, surprisingly comfy rollaway bed, huge bathroom with a huge bath-tub. Get the picture.
Food - 5 star standard except that they can't quite get poached eggs right. (Gordon Ramsey would throw a fit if served such poached eggs). Other than that, food was of a high standard and quality. I personally loved the chicken curry they served.
Pool - 3 tiered pool that overlooks the beach. You can soak yourself in the pool and listen to the waves all day. Simply heaven.
Spa - sets itself a very high standard. Liked it so much that my family and I went back again before we left.
Check out - seamless. Bill explained thoroughly even though I did not ask for it to be explained. And Rohan (Asst Manager) was on hand to see us off.
At the airport - staff from the hotel helped us all the way to the point where we paid for the airport tax and went through to immigration.
That's service for you.
So why did I give it a 4 star rating and an excellent review?
The only down side was that somehow, the General Manager manages to stop and chat with EVERYONE AROUND US but somehow manages not to see us and drop in for even a quick hello. Perhaps he thought we couldn't speak English but even then, it's not an excuse to drop in and say a quick hello. We are ALL PAYING GUEST no matter what. So that was the only thing that marred what was otherwise a perfect place.

Room Tip: A room on the 4th level. View is magnificent.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear semaj2307,

It is with pleasure to read that your family and you had an excellent stay with us at The Legian Bali and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel, be it the personalized service received around the property, the suite, the quality of food and The Spa as well as the other facilities. Whilst it is encouraging to read your positive compliments towards the team, service and product, I regret to hear that, missing the opportunity to meet you which was truly unintentional, had an impact on what was otherwise a truly fabulous experience and please accept my sincerest apologies.

On behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali along with your family in the future.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We had stayed 3wks August 09 and we're not disappointed May 20-30 2014 for our return "home" to beautiful location and great weather. The suites continue to delight with amazing vistas to the ocean. I was so happy to see that the night lights shinning on the surf are still there! The addition of the third pool only added to the perfection of the peaceful, immaculate and calm surroundings. Kevin Ambramowicz, Manager and Verina Rendiza, Head Concierge ensured our stay was everything we were looking forward to. In fact the customer service of each and every member of staff serves as an example to all five Starr properties!
It's hard to single out the exceptional experiences....from the guys manning the day beds on the beach with water, fresh towelettes, facial spray....ice cream/fruit nibbles...to the lifeguard who rescued someone not respecting the power of the waves....too the restaurant folks who ensured not only my special birthday will be remembered with fondness, but each and every meal we shared....to housekeeping that tidied and prepped the room each day.....to the spa professionals and their heavenly treatments....gift shop ..... Cocktail wishing us bon voyage to the extra effort by Verina who surprised me with a gift....Thank you for 10 days that felt like 30 and we hope to be back but much sooner next times. GHM have a fantastic formula and we will continue to explore countries where we can be guaranteed a true five star experience at their properties

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear EasyGoingRiyadh,

We were all delighted to read that you had yet another seamless stay with us and thank you for sharing your review with others. It is also wonderful to know that you enjoyed all the changes made since your last visit whether it is the addition of the third pool, afternoon tea or the little touches and details around the property. The entire team and Verina in particular were very happy to learn that their respective contributions made a difference and will be remembered with great fondness.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali and hope you are also able to experience other GHM hotels in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Echoing all the other 5 star reviews of this hotel.....The Legian is simply fabulous! A beautiful hotel in a great location; The Legian is set on a prime strip of beach in Seminyak that is far enough away from the hustle and bustle that you can feel away from it all, whilst being close enough that you can dip in and out of town at your leisure with ease (though every time you leave the hotel you just want to get back as quickly as possible as you can't bear to be away too long!!)
But what really makes The Legian stand out is the service. ALL of the staff go out of their way to accomodate you and make you feel welcome - but in a way that is not formal or stuffy but rather comes across as genuine and heartfelt - these guys really want you to enjoy your holiday, and boy do they do a great job of it!!
We were upgraded from a Studio Suite to a One-Bed Villa Suite which was a serious bonus! The room was huge; the decor perhaps a little 'corporate' for our taste but nonetheless supemely comfortable and luxiourious (love the Acqua Di Parma products in the bathroom). The restaurant is a great; reasonably priced for such a luxury hotel and a spectacular setting with excellent dishes. Breakfast definitely a highlight. Also lots of little touches that make a difference, like a constant chilled drinking water by the pool delivered to your sunbed, free tea for all guests between 4-6pm, wet towels and face mist by the pool to wipe the sweat from your brow etc etc.
The spa is also fantastic - great treatments and beautiful setting.
From the moment you check in, you literally don't need to think for yourself, everything is taken of care and for me that is exactly what I want when I travel.
If you're still reading this review then just stop and book now. Don't bother looking at other hotels in Seminyak as they won't come close to The Legian. You may pay a premium for The Legian but it's worth every rupiah!!!

Dear James B,

The entire team and I would like to thank you for writing about your Legian experience and recommending us to others through TripAdvisor. It is very motivating to read that the personalized and genuine service delivered by the team, the attention to details around the property, the facilities, the design of The Legian Bali and all our other efforts put together made your stay an extraordinary one. We are also glad that you enjoyed the central location of our hotel being ocean front and with shops and restaurants in the neighborhood.

We all very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Legian Bali.

Kevin J. Abramowicz

Been to The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel? Share your experiences!