“Just the best place to unwind” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
FOURTH NIGHT ON US
Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Just the best place to unwind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for 7 days in December. It is the best hotel I have ever been to, not just the food and the outlook, but the amazing service from all the staff. It is definitely worth the money. I would recommend it for couples over families. I am very keen to come back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Tracey G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found The Legian to be an idyllic place and enjoyed every element that contributed towards your experience.

I would like to thank you for recommending it to others and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kevin J. Abramowicz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was my 2nd stay here the first was 9 yrs ago. Not much has changed except a new pool which is a great addition and its still as beautiful as ever.

We had one of the 2 roomed suites on level 2 with balconies overlooking the pool, ocean and the east also. This room came with a butler (Wayan) who catered to every need and request from room cleaning and tidying to booking dinners and outings
The hotel rooms have not been updated since I was last there but still look great and very clean as you expect from a 5+ star hotel.
In the suite included - all soft drinks and fresh fruit as much as you consumed, a welcome gift and bottle of wine on your first night and every night a plate of petite fours. The service is impeccable and nothing is too much trouble.
The Balconies are great to watch the sun rise and sunsets.
The breakfast is still amazing as is the poolside lunches and the dinner in the restaurant is gorgeous in the candle lit by the sea side.
It's not the newest but it certainly is the best at service, has best amenities you never want to leave and the location is perfect as its so close to all the cool seminyak restaurants.
It's ideal for a family with children or 2 couples.

To sum it up it's an amazing property and well worth the extra cash and with 24hr security you know you're always safe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear brett_AJ72,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us. The team and I are very happy to read that you liked the little touches offered in your suite, the impeccable service delivered by our staff, your butler and the facilities. We are truly pleased to learn that you have selected The Legian for your future stays in Seminyak, Bali.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This has to be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. The property itself was beautiful, and all the services the hotel offered were great. The rooms themselves are outstanding. We had a two bedroom suite that overlooked the pool and the ocean, and it was a pleasure to spend time on the balcony. The pool is amazing, and offers full views of the ocean. The food is also great, all the way through from breakfast to dinner. The staff are all friendly and helpful, and are always nearby to assist in any way. I couldn't say enough good things about this hotel, and I hope I get to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Nlg826,

On behalf of the entire team at The Legian, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your kind words. We are very happy to hear that you had a superb experience and enjoyed the various characteristics of our property from its suites and staff all the way to your meals in the food and beverage outlets.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Legian Bali hotel lives up to its reputation as one of the best hotels in Bali. The decor,the service, the beautiful pool and beach front location is outstanding. We stayed in a garden studio with a view of the gardens and beach beyond. The studios are huge with separate living areas, kichenettes and beautiful bathrooms. Outside you get a sun lounge area and a decked area with table. The complimentary nesspresso, soft drinks and juices are a wonderful touch. The free iPods an added bonus. The welcome and nightly bites such as macaroons are a touch of elegance.

The breakfast is wonderful with chefs preparing eggs, pancakes and waffles to order, good selection of buffs items. Afternoon tea by the pool another bonus.

Staff are uniformly attentive without being intrusive. The full visibility of Kevin the G.M can be credited with instilling a sense of pride in the work the staff deliver. A big thanks to him for the outstanding stay we had.

To note, the gym/spa is currently being renovated so you can take a golf cart across the road to the villa complex where or villa as been temporarily converted to provide gym and spa facilities.

Definitely a class hotel, and one to which we shall return. Highly recommended.

Tayfun

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms onto lawn are great, but there are no bad rooms. All studios are massive in size.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear tfadil,

A sincere thank you for a very thoughtful and detailed review on The Legian. It gives us great pleasure to read that you noticed and appreciated all the amenities and facilities that The Legian has to offer.

We express our gratitude towards your comments about the service of our staff and thank you for recommending our hotel to others.

We all look very much forward to welcoming you back to The Legian to experience the new Spa and Gym.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel is right on the beach, with its own lifesaver, the choice of 3 pools, 2 bars and a great restaurant.
Located in Seminyak it's easy to go out shopping!
The hotel at night looks amazing with all the candles lit.
During the day you can just stay by the beach or by the pool and eat a delicious lunch and have a massage with the sounds of the waves on your long chair.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear GhislaineB555,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Legian. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality, facilities and services, the ambience and the location of our hotel.

The entire team at The Legian is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

All staff very attentive new out names always around if we needed them, very helpful, beautiful grounds and surroundings. The rooms were
gorgeous with little extra gadgets and giants which we loved. Lovely range of food for breakfast lunch and dinner. Amazing cocktails and mocktails. Massages were just what we needed. Location wise bit far from seminyak square where we found some little gems of places. Room service was awesome!

Would definately recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear KtAmelia1,

Thank you very much for staying at The Legian and further recommending it to others. It gives me great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed every element of your stay at The Legian whether it was the attentive service delivered by our staff, the spacious suites, food and beverage as well as the soothing spa treatments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon to experience more.

Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been staying at The Legian Bali Hotel in a deluxe suite for couples of day about a week ago and I had a great experience for staying there and enjoying the the food for breakfast and dinner there.
I'm not going to talk about the room here as I have no complaint about it at all, the room was comfortably clean, large and beautiful. I'm more like to share about my food experience at the restaurant in the hotel which was mind-blowing.
When I got to my room, they served me with a very yummy welcoming afternoon tea. I had a very delicious eggs benedict and strawberry pancakes for breakfast on the table with the beach front view. Okay, it's just eggs benedict and pancakes, it sounded ordinary. But the eggs benedict was differently amazing than another eggs benedict I've ever had, the strawberry pancakes, too. You guys should try it and feel the different, highly recommended.

Then I had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and the food was amazingly wonderful!!!
I had 5 degustation with lovely French red wine that night.Well, I will not talk about all the food that I had that night but I would like to share the most favorite yet most delicious one, in my version of course. There's 3 degustation out of 5 I love the most. First, The Tuna Sashimi. Second, The cauliflower couscous topped with fresh prawn with caviar, and the last one was tenderloin steak with foie gras on top.

I had an amazing experience and a beautiful food experience as well for staying there and I would like to do it again more often next time. Thank you The Legian, Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Deluxe suite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear VmumuV,

Thank you for a lovely review on The Legian. I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and you thoroughly enjoyed dining at The Restaurant. I have shared your feedback with the entire team and they were extremely pleased to hear that you had an amazing experience at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to indulge yourself in The Legian experience.

Kevin J. Abramowicz

Been to The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel? Share your experiences!