We were at the Legian for 6 nights in April after a week in Ubud. We were overwhelmed by the property and it was a great mix of contemporary Balinese style, comfort, and great service. You know you're in Bali, but the resort is legitimately excellent in all aspects. They were even completing some renovations to 1/2 of the hotel - and we saw and heard pretty much nothing.
We were upgraded to a larger suite - which was similar to a hip NYC apartment - it was wonderful. All rooms have ocean views, but some on the ends are a little in the palm trees, so if that matters to you, ask. The hotel staff is amazing and know your name by the 2nd day. The Manager is everywhere - seriously, he is constantly surveying things - and is particularly nice (and relatively new to the property). If you need anything, they'll get it for you. The staff is friendly and extremely attentive.
The common spaces are simple and beautiful. The concierge is diligent and very helpful. Breakfast is somewhat unreal - in terms of quality, selection and that its available through 11am. Lunch/snacks are very good and great variety; dinner is romantic and delicious. We could have taken 1000 pictures to try to capture the beach and property view, but you have to go. Sunset is fantastic over drinks or dinner. We actually went to the Oberoi nearby for dinner, but the food was not as good - and more expensive. [There are a lot of good options off property too.]
The beach is really beautiful - but has somewhat real surf, so know that. We liked it. Great walking beach. The gym/spa at the resort was being renovated, so they would take us on a 1 min golf cart drive to the sister property where they set up a gym and spa - wonderful facilities even for temporary, so no idea what it will be like on site after renovations are done in a short while. Service was attentive, meticulous, but also not too eager to bother you (we've found that annoying at some places); just truly perfect all around.
So much attention to detail for everything; the entire staff even knew it was my husband's birthday - incredible - everyone wished him a great day - by name. Everything is just wonderful. Would go back in a second; one of the most beautiful, fantastic places we've stayed.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Legian Bali Hotel
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- The Legian Bali
- The Legian
- The Legian Bali - A GHM Hotel Seminyak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 11 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. In keeping with GHM’s tradition to provide guests a culturally inviting experience, The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, AsiaRooms, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Legian Bali - A GHM Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.