“must be experienced” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 86 hotels in Seminyak
Perth
“must be experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our stay at the Legian was outstanding in every regard. We have already informed may people we know that this is a resort that "must be experienced". The resort more than exceeded our expectations. The staff were all very attentive and friendly. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a deluxe room which was very spacious and has a huge balcony overlooking the ocean. The Restaurant and food in general is worthy of a specific mention. My partner is hard to please when it comes to food but he had the best meal ever at The Legian (the Striploin). We attended other dining 'hot spots' well known in Bali and came away unimpressed saying each time that it wasn't as good as The Legian. I was highly concerned about traveling to Bali as I have a peanut allergy, however, I was reassured by staff at all times that my concerns were taken seriously and the menu would be adjusted according to my needs. The Legian is a resort that takes great pride in meeting the needs and expectations of its visitors. We would like to thank everyone for making our time at The Legian so perfect. We will be back. Tanya and Jason

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear TanyaC67,

I would like to thank you for a very encouraging review which I have shared with my team. It was a pleasure to read that we were able to anticipate both your needs and exceed your expectations.

We all look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

655 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have never called a hotel stay perfect until stating at The Legian (GMH hotel). Stayed in a deluxe room (suite) with view overlooking the pools and beach. Access directly from the hotel to the sand. The room and facilities were fabulous++. The pool perfect, service excellent and above expectations, breakfast so tasty with great healthy options, best location, - I do not have enough words to describe how beautiful this place is. 6 star rating. Large bedroom and king size bed, large private balcony with very comfortable lounge, very large bathroom with his and her sinks, shower, large bath and toilet, then a separate lounge room and entry hallway with a second toilet next to the front door. If you can afford a holiday of luxury, stay here. Best hotel I have ever stayed at by a long way. There appears to be some refurbishment to one of the accommodation areas, but did not affect my stay at all.

Room Tip: My room with a view overlooking the pool, gardens and beach was peaceful, relaxing and breath taking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Greg105,

On behalf of the entire team at The Legian, thank you very much for your kind review on your recent stay with us. We are truly pleased and grateful to hear that we exceeded your expectation and that you enjoyed our service, facilities and setting overall.

We all at The Legian look very much forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We would strongly recommend the Legian Bali, it is just one of the best Luxury hotels we have stayed at.  This is our second time to the hotel and we are very glad we returned..  We  really researched the room sizes since we have a 3 year old and we believe it has the largest and most luxurious suites with fantastic views of the ocean.  But what makes this hotel is the staff.  There commitment and attention to every detail.  Always remembering your name, always watching and willing to help.  Always with a smile.  The service at the Hotel is excellent.  The manager Kevin is always very visible, friendly and keeps a watchful eye on everything.  The hotel is very central in Seminyak.  If you want a luxurious, relaxing holiday with great service and a generous smile this hotel cannot be beaten. Finally get them to book and recommend your restaurants since they seem to be able to secure the best seats in the restaurants. Our favourite was Metis Restaurant . We had a great holiday and we are sad to leave. Pat, Agnes & Thomas

Room Tip: All rooms have views of the ocean - we chose the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Agnes S,

Thank you very much for staying with us again and taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay.

I am thankful and pleased to read that my team was once again able to make your stay truly relaxing and memorable. Your comments have been shared with the entire team and we all look forward to welcoming both of you and Thomas back to The Legian soon.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Having stayed at this property some 10+ years ago, we were delighted to find on our return visit that it had improved with age. The property is a fusion of contemporary and Balinese architecture. It is simply a beautiful hotel with huge suites (separate bedroom, huge double bathroom, separate living and dining areas, a small kitchenette and washroom and enormous balcony with a very comfy day bed and outdoor setting). The thing that really makes this property something special is the staff. All of them were absolutely beautiful - nothing is too much trouble. Everyone is friendly but not familiar and the staff genuinely seem to enjoy working at The Legian - which makes a huge impact on staying guests. No tacky breakfast buffet here - a sophisticated breakfast is on offer every day. Whislt we did dine out regularly, (as there are so many great restaurants around Seminyak these days) other meals and snacks we enjoyed here were fantastic. Afternoon tea is included every day if you feel inclined. I did try a spa treatment which was OK - I'm sure once the new spa and gym is open later this year, it will be fantastic. At the moment, the hotel is undergoing some refurbishment which the management is at pains to try and limit the disruption and noise to guests. The Legian is a class act - we were not disappointed the second time round.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on level 3 or higher for a view of the ocean - at the moment, probably best to ask fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear SydneyGlobalShopper,

A sincere thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay which is most valuable to us. Whilst I am to happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry to hear that your Spa experience did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with the respective department and will do our utmost to further improve our services and standards.

Thank you so much for your support whilst we are making improvements in order to provide guests like yourself with an enhanced product and an unforgettable service experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at one of the suites at the hotel for 2 nights and were highly impressed at this property. We have been to Bali numerous times and stayed at some very nice properties and looking at the reviews, we knew this property is going to be good, but was genuinely impressed since it’s on par with some of the other major properties in Bali which are twice/thrice more expensive than Legian.

When we checked in, the resort manager came out and welcomed and talked for a few minutes which is something you would expect from Aman/Four Seasons property, but Legian does it and that is always a good touch. The hotel itself has only around 80 suites which makes the service personal and I liked that about this property. When you are staying at other resort hotels in Bali (100+ rooms), you do tend to get the feeling that you are one of many guests, but here we felt that the service was personalized and impeccable.

The suite room was of good size with sufficient area for both bedroom and living room area and the balcony was on the big size to sit outside and enjoy the ocean view. The bathroom again was big with his/her side and it is modern, but not over the top modern feel to it. The amenities and the decorations in the room had good Balinese touch to it with arts/paintings.

We tried dinner at the hotel restaurant once and it was great. The seafood selection at the resort is quiet fresh and the overall food quality is excellent. Breakfast at the resort is ok, but not that exceptional. It wasn’t anything bad, but based upon the other food we had at the resort, the breakfast felt bit plain. We tried the food by the pool for lunch and that was excellent. Fresh and great taste.

We spent a lot of time by the pool and it has great view of the ocean/beach and the service at the pool area was excellent. The infinity pool overlooking the ocean is stunning and looks very done/maintained. Special praise goes to the pool area staff who were kind, looking to help and great service overall.

Overall I think for the price you pay, this is a great value property, close to Seminyak, great beachfront location and incredible service. I would rate this property on par with Aman/Four Seasons/St Regis properties in Bali.

Room Tip: Corner rooms gives more privacy, but some of them don't have full ocean views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I have just come back from another wonderful stay at The Legian Bali. Our 22 year old son also stayed in a separate deluxe room and was blown away by the room, the views, and the service. The hotel again exceeded our expectations. The south half of the hotel was closed for renovations, but we were located on the north side of the hotel, and were not disrupted or disturbed by any of the work being undertaken. Again, all of the staff were amazing, extremely friendly, and my husband I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with them during the day. We stayed at the hotel during the Nyepi ceremony period, and I have to say, I am so very glad we stayed at The Legian during this time. Of the half of the Hotel which was available for occupation, only about two thirds of it was occupied, which meant it was extremely peaceful, and our service was exceptional. I also found the hotel's respect for and adherence to an important cultural day, while still providing a beautiful place to relax and eat, fantastic. On Nyepi day, we were required to stay within the hotel grounds from 6am on the 12th March to 6am on the 13th March. The only changes to our services was the removal of the tv cable service on the 12th March (we were still able to watch dvd's) and hardly any lighting on the night of the 12th March. I have to mention, the day before Nyepi day, most shops and restaurants closed from about noon, and they stayed closed until late on the 13th March, so if you are an avid shopper, you might want to book your holiday around this day. My husband and I however, enjoyed being part of this cultural experience, which also involved numerous cultural ceremonies which commenced a couple of days before Nyepi day. We also prefer a relaxing holiday, with time to read, do some exercise, eat very healthy meals, and swim in the beautiful pools under palm trees while the waves crash onto the beach immediately in front of the hotel. My husband and I arrived back in Perth yesterday and we are already looking forward to our next Bali Holiday and staying at The Legian.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear DonnaLT,

On behalf of the management at The Legian, I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your experience about your most recent stay with us. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and were able to be part of one of the most sacred holidays in the Balinese Hindu calendar.

The entire team at The Legian is looking forward to welcoming you back to The Legian in order for you to experience the various enhancements that we are currently working on.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and dinner reception at The Legian in 2010 and for obvious reasons, it's been in our top 3 (2 of which are GHM properties), if not FAVOURITE hotel. Even though we've been back to Bali many times since, we never managed to get a reservation until this past weekend, and just like in 2010, this hotel is still by far, the best hotel we've stayed at in Bali.

Admittedly, the hotel is due for an upgrade which they are currently undergoing, but even with the construction (which we were informed would be complete by June/July), service and running of the hotel is absolutely seamless. Everyone from reception team, F&B, the spa (Tin!) and including the pool/beach staff make sure they know your name which is what makes the service feel especially personal. Last time we stayed at The Club so I thought this only came with having a butler!

We stayed in a Studio suite because we wanted a view of the ocean, but even after the one-bedroom Club suite, the Studio suite in no way feels cramped. Plus it was wonderful falling asleep to the sound of the waves! And definitely one of the best things about staying at The Legian is the breakfast -- best sautéed mushrooms ever! We spent a lot of time by the beach and have to say, the new infinity pool is absolutely stunning and a great place to stay cool, work on your tan while enjoying front row seats of the ocean waves.

Thank you to all the team at The Legian for making our return stay as memorable as the first. We will definitely be back!

Dear sue_nate,

Thank you very much for kind words and very happy to hear that The Legian is one of your favourite hotels. I am sorry to learn that you were not able to secure reservation in the past, however, glad that you had another memorable stay with us.

We have shared your feedback with the entire team and all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kevin J. Abramowicz

Been to The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel? Share your experiences!