“Outstanding!!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kayu Aya, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel packages
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
Stay Longer. Be Rewarded.
Ranked #1 of 91 hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just returned from 6 nights at the Legian, fantastic experience. We were upgraded on arrival to a 1 bedroom suite as we wanted to stay on the ground floor so our 1 year old son could play on the lawn in front of the suite, spacious and very well appointed, huge bathroom and great view over the lawn to the ocean.
Staff were outstanding, nearly all the staff took the time to remember our son's name and always spoke to him, very helpful in any way, nothing was an issue for them.
Pool staff were great, great to get fresh iced water and cold face towels, as soon as you went for a swim your towels were fixed up and water always topped up, we nearly always managed to get the large bale's that were totally shaded, great for our son.
Also loved the evening sweet snack left every night during the turn down service, they even asked what time suited our son's sleeps for housekeeping and turn down service, truly great service.
The GM of the hotel was also frequently around and always stopped to speak, he was there on our departure and thanked us for staying with them. Airport transfer was excellent, water towels and a team member waiting at the airport who took luggage right up to check in counters, great way to end the holiday, except for a 6 hour Virgin Airline delay!
Highly recommend anyone wanting 5 star luxury and service to book at the Legian.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

668 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed her in December 2012 and I could not fault this hotel. As soon as the staff saw us walking towards the pool area they would look for a deck chair for us, lay down the towels and supply free iced water. Poolside service was excellent. One day I complained that my beer was not cold enough so the bar staff put half a dozen beers on ice for me and kept asking me all afternoon if my beer was cold enough, now that's exceptional service. I found all bar, food and front desk staff excellent in all areas of services. This is a 5 star resort with very reasonable food and drink prices. Another positive is there is no road between the resort and the beach which keeps a lot of the hawkers away.
My wife and I have stayed at many resorts in Seminyak and this is one of the best. Breakfasts are fantastic. One morning Roger the GM walked through the breakfast area talking to all the guests making sure everyone was happy. I really could not fault this resort and will be coming back.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Only reason we stayed at this wonderful hotel was due to JETSTAR cancelling our flight back to Sydney. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was immaculate the staff are amazing but not in your bubble, we were given a late check out at 6 pm normal time 12 noon we spent our full day at the 3 pools had an amazing breakfast including the best chicken curry outside of South Africa the GM Personally came and said goodbye a first for me and I have travelled extensively the hotel transfer vehicle had cold bottled water fresh towels and a person at airport to take us thru to customs if we ever do Bali again it would only to stay at this hotel.
Only one downer the beach ain't great

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

On my last trip to Bali, I've decided to try The Legian because of all the good things I've heard about this hotel. The starting price of the rooms here was more expensive than most of the other properties in the proximity, so I had high expectations. And I wasn't disappointed... the service throughout was helpful and friendly, even the General Manager had the time to greet me during check-in.

I stayed in a deluxe room, which was really spacious (balcony, kitchenette, extra toilet) and had all the amenities you could hope for. There were nice touches like pre-loaded iPods (combined with an excellent stereo system) and a map of surrounding area. I also liked the list of movies you can borrow at no charge; the selection was well chosen.

The public areas, while not super-big like in a resort, are stylish and well-kept (really liked the lobby/library area). Of course another highlight is the beach-fronting infinity pool. One thing they didn't have was a business centre or even one or two PC stations. But I don't imagine many people go here with this in mind, anyway. Besides, wi-fi is included in the room price and there's good signal throughout the hotel.

I was really impressed with my experience at The Legian. Would definitely come back again, or try the neighboring property (The Club).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Words cannot describe the experience we had while staying at The Legian. When we first arrived we stayed in a deluxe room in the hotel. Stunning: spacious and very well appointed. the decor is a mixture of Balinese traditional and modern. We then transferred to a one bedroom villa at The Club which is just across the road. This is our sixth trip to Bali but our first time here and we have 'hit the jackpot'. We have stayed that the Sheraton properties, the Ritz Carlton in Jimbarran Bay, the Westin but NOTHING comes close to or compares with The Club at The Legian. Why? The Club at The Legian is totally unique. The staff are amazing: nothing is too much trouble. They are friendly and genuinely want you to have a wonderful experience. But most importantly, the staff are so proud of the Legian Brand. They love working for the property. They love their job and that makes a huge difference when it comes to hospitality. It's not just a job to them, they are part of the Legian team and the Brand. The villas are stunning: spacious and well appointed and the attention to detail is outstanding: frangipanis strewn over the bed for the turn down service. If you stay at The Club you have access to all the facilities at the hotel. The Club is very exclusive and private. If you are travelling with children, the hotel is probably the best option as you are very close to the beach and there is more for the kids to do. if there are 2 of you or even 4 adults, The Club is the way to go. The pool is sensational. Everything about this hotel is premium. Why will I be back? Simply: the staff. Hotels can have similar hard products: restaurants, pools rooms etc but it's the staff and their genuine care and attention to detail that is worth every cent. Do yourself a favour, give the Legian a try. It's simply sensational.

Room Tip: If you are staying at the Legian hotel proper, go for the deluxe room. If you are going for that lit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

For us The Legian is the best place to stay in Bali. I absolutely love their gorgeous specious rooms, their professional outstanding service and the most delicious tom yam soup! It is a 5 star all the way around from grounds to hospitality. This time we also got a deal. We stayed 4 nights and only paid for 3 including breakfast and soft drinks from mini bar. Their pool area is well maintained and beautiful. They offer a complimentary tea with cookies at midday there. Once you laid out you get an ice water and fresh hand/face towel. One thing tho I like to have a morning mimosa laying out by the pool, which turned out to be a 30 dollar one each day , because they use an actual nice champagne for it. I would't mind if they used prosecco;). Breakfast buffet was delicious. Besides the buffet you get to order an omelette or an eggs benedict...etc a la cart, but also complimentary. It was my BDay this time travel. We were picked up by the hotel's fancy car( which we arranged over an email) on time and arrived to the hotel just a little passed midnight. They had all the info on us saved from last time we visited, so the check in went so fast and smooth. We went straight to our accommodations where fresh drinks and welcome sweets were waiting for us along with all the check-in paper work.The next day at breakfast my boyfriend surprised me with a Champagne , carrot cake and a candle. They arranged everything perfectly. It was very sweet the way they did it. The carrot cake was delicious, the Bday song was not nosy or annoying and I got to make my wish.Than back in the room I had gorgeous flowers waiting for me. He asked for it they made it happen! During our stay we also used the GYM( fresh coconut water,water, apples...etc), Sauna and the Spa. At the Spa we had a couples massage, which was so relaxing and romantic. What can I say look no further it's a best place in town!

Room Tip: Higher floors have ocean views, but first floor is better for the pool users or family with kids.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Legian offers all that can be expected from a Leading Hotel of the World. Room, staff, restaurant, service and the rich breakfast are just perfect. Also the snacks near the pools have that outstanding quality: the best sate that we have eaten during an almost three weeks stay on Bali.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel? Share your experiences!