I guess my title says it all. The Legian Bali is a gorgeous Balinese style hotel perfectly situated right on the heart of the beach and every room has the sea view. We stayed there for 10D9N, we were in heaven... The Legian Bali offered not only a Luxurious accommodation, but also a very relaxing environment where we could just lie down on the sunbed facing the sea, went for morning walk at the beach, lie down for a read or went for a swim at the ocean or at the swimming pool. The view was magnificent! Each corner of The Legian Bali was soothing and filled with serene, unruffled tranquility... There was hardly any noise around the hotel and the Zen and calming atmosphere of The Legian Bali relaxed your mind and soul. It was just a really beautiful place to be...
Their Customer Service was tip-top! Balinese are the loveliest people on the planet and each and everyone of them in The Legian always greet the guest with a smile and they always fulfilled the guest's requirement with the best they could. From the reception, concierge, housekeeping, waiters/waitresses to driver, they all have the 5 star service attitude. We have requested for a room change at the beginning of our stay due to the brightness of the room, in return, they upgraded us almost immediately to a brighter room and we couldn't be happier! However, I have to say that regardless of whether it's a studio suite or one-bedroom suite that you stay in, each room is huge and spacious with a lounge room, kitchenette, it's own private balcony and sunbed. The rooms are amazing! And the view is spectacular! Besides the room and the wonderful sea view, The Legian Bali is also located very closely to the shopping area, a short stroll would take you to Seminyak Square and the closeby area for food and shopping. It's an easy access to everywhere else.
And what could I say about the food in The Legian Bali? One Word: AMAZING! Breakfast was a wide selection from Asian to Western, from fruit to sweets. They made beautiful poached eggs! Have it as Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce or Poached eggs with toast, that cannot go wrong. Try any flavor of pancakes, they were all delicious! And the French Toast with strawberries, mascarpone cheese and maple syrup was definitely to die for... So yummy! I love the Asian Congee, Nasi Goreng, Mee Goreng, Balinese Fish, Spicy Chicken etc. Try as much as you could and keep your options open to the morning breakfast. Try as well the Fish n Chips (although it's under Children's menu) for Room Service, OMG! I was really impressed with the battered fresh fish! The batter and the fish were both really fresh! And the chips were really well cooked, it was finger licking good! The portion was definitely good for lunch or snack and for both adult and kids. And I would highly recommend for you to try their dinner. My hubby and I are both foodie and we've almost been to most of the popular restaurants in Seminyak. And I would have to say The Legian Bali restaurant has one of the best technique, taste and presentation for fine dining. I would highly recommend their Chef's Tasting Plate especially if they have the Truffle Ravioli with Mushroom foam and shredded Truffles. It was definitely the most beautiful and delicious dish that cannot be missed! The homemade ravioli that was so thin but so deliciously well cooked, with the amazing flavored mushroom foam topped with dry shredded Truffles, the presentation and flavor of this dish, to us was a Winner!!! The Jamon Iberica (smoked ham) from France was absolutely fantastic! The aged smoked ham thinly sliced and accompanied by a piece of bruschetta, that flavorsome combination was just magnificent. Also, if you LOVE soft shell crab, The Legian Bali has definitely one of the most beautiful Soft Shell Crab made ever... The freshly deep fried Soft Shell Crab with the green in-house recipe butter sauce and top with watercress salad, the incredible combination of the plate absolutely blown me away... That light but flavorsome butter sauce with the fluffy deep fried Soft Shell Crab finished with the refreshing watercress salad, was a speechless combination... I love what came with the 4th course. The Wagyu sirloin with Pan Fried Foie Gras... Droolingly delicious... Also, definitely try their famous Beef Rendang. Such beautifully slow cooked Beef in Rendang sauce, the meat was cooked for hours and they were so flavorsome and tender, each bite you could feel the tendon and the meat beautifully dissolved together. Have them with rice and the chili eggplants, this local dish would leave you lingering around your taste bud with that powerful, beautiful flavor... Last but not least, Dessert... The simple Rasberry Meilleu-Feilleu was unbelivably light and delicious... A beautiful way to end the dinner...
I have read a lot of reviews about restaurants and especially the number one restaurant in Tripadvisor: The Breezes Bali. I could only say I was sooooo disappointed with The Breezes Bali's food, it was a let down for me. There was no chemistry in the food although the presentation was pretty. However, the food was lacking the most vital factor: the unity of food & flavor synchronization... I had really had a better meal in The Legian Bali restaurant, Sarong, La Lucciola, SIP Wine Bar, Mamasan, Metis etc. Each of them to us, was really better than The Breezes Bali. For the price we paid at The Breezes Bali, it was not worth it.
In contrast, that meal that we had at The Legian Bali was a highlight of our trip. We loved food and in The Legian Bali restaurant, we found the chemistry and synchronization between food/flavor... However, I do have to add that the ambience in The Legian Bali was really not as flourish or as beautiful as the Breezes or Sarong or Mamasan etc. It was a simple, open Kitchen concept restaurant with really warm waiters/waitresses and chefs.
In conclusion, we had an amazing trip and staying in The Legian Bali was one of the best choice we've made! We felt the fullness of the trip. It was filled with luxurious, enjoyment and relaxation... We will definitely stay at this beautiful place again, a place that we call Paradise... =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 11 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. In keeping with GHM’s tradition to provide guests a culturally inviting experience, The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali – a GHM Hotel Seminyak