ZOLINA Family Friendly Full Service Seminyak Close

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

MadN99
Melbourne, Australia
“5 star property with fantastic staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My friends at I stayed at Zolina Villa for 8 nights and had a fantastic time. The villa itself is 5-star and has great bedrooms, bathrooms and a nice living area. The pool and upstairs deck in particular, were lovely areas to relax with friends.

The staff at the villa were friendly and approachable, always willing to help! Elizabeth, the villa manager, was very helpful and would often make restaurant bookings for our group and recommend places for us to visit/eat. We were all sad to say goodbye to her and the rest of the staff.

Although the villa is not in the centre of Seminyak, the area was lovely and since Nyoman (the driver) was available to drive us wherever we wanted, getting around was simple.

Overall, this is a beautiful villa which I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Bali. We were all very sad to leave and are planning to go back!

5 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses
5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Friends
Kiran D
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Home away from Home”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Zolina villa was indeed a beautiful villa with a beautiful pool. We were greeted by smiling staff, cool juice and towels which was much appreciated. The bedrooms are well furnished and huge, especially the master room. Elizabeth , the villa manager( always with a smile) tried her very best to accommodate all our request as did all the other staff. We were offered 2 extra single beds at no extra cost for my children and a cake for my birthday, which was a nice surprise.

The downside to this villa is that you have to depend on transport to get you anywhere and that can cost a lot depending on your group size. Be sure to confirm the use of the driver ( lovely Pak Nyoman) and car as advertised before your booking .. 8 hours a day is
only for localized trips.

For those of you looking to include a "chef" in your booking , please take note that the "cook cum cleaner " is only comfortable cooking local Indonesian dishes. If you are after variety, eat out ! I prepaid a daily rate for a chef and it was agreed that i only had to pay for the groceries but was told by Elizabeth ( Manager) that it did not include Breakfast which was an additional USD10 per person daily for toast and eggs!

Please ensure all your request and entitlement are clear before booking this property.

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 3 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses
4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
3 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 4 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The pool
Liked least: The hidden cost
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with disabilities Older travelers
ClaytonR3...
Santa Monica, California
“Slice of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Wow what a great experience! I saw the pool in the listing photo which was enough for me to book our stay at Zolina, what we got in addition was pleasant surprise after surprise of a life I only wish I could live everyday.
We were picked up promptly at the airport by Nyoman our smiling driver. Once we arrived at Zolina 20 minutes later we walked into the Heaven that is Zolina villa and I felt immediately our holiday would be a great and boy was I right. The villa has such a wonderful feeling that can’t be truly captured in photo’s but to wake up there each gorgeous morning with birds singing and the soft light covering the outside it felt totally peaceful. The beds were all so comfortable and everyone said they slept better than ever. We did do a lot everyday and having rented Nyoman and his car for the local shuttles was a luxury that proved invaluable. He has a wealth of information and made sure we always got the best out of all our day trips and things we wanted to do as well as his great suggestions of things we should do. I could go on and on but I selfishly want to be able to book again so I’ll let other find out for themselves…I’ve given away too much already. Thanks to all the wonderful staff with their constant easy smiles, you really made our holiday special! And Thanks Zolina villa!

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
Rachael L
Darwin, Australia
“Very Beautiful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

everything went to plan we were picked up from the airport and stopped to get food along the way. arrived at the villa with a welcoming party with juice and cold hand towels which were very very refreshing. we were left to settle in once we were given a tour of the beautiful place. We had our breakfast cooked for us the next morning by the chef which was very nice and we then left the villa for our first outing - now that the sun was up we could see where we were located and that was on a dirt track in the middle of no where tucked away where there were no shops in site. we had to rely on our driver to take us every where to get food in drinks - I personally do not like to rely on someone but I dealt with it - I prefer freedom on leaving a room and searching for a restaurant or shops but we couldn't do that.... one of our family members went for a run in the morning down the road but was chased by dogs so I don't recommend you try that. it was great having a massive pool to our selves and back yard for our little one to kick a ball around. one weird thing was I noticed some people coming and going - walking through the back yard - don't know who they were but im guessing they were visitors of the residence attached to the villa - but was kind of freaky - there is also 24hr security with a guard dog who is so cute but very timid you cannot pat him he growls at you.... but we did have a lovely stay we did not want to leave but I think if I come back to Bali again I want to stay some where I can have freedom to walk to a shop or café.

3 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: the beds were so comfortable - had the best sleep of my life
Liked least: location
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Ashley M
Buderim, Australia
“Something for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

We felt welcome from the first minute of our arrival. We never saw a frown for the 10 days we stayed at Zolina. Nothing was too much trouble, you just have to ask. Staff learned our coffee order for when we first awoke and we often had that around the pool while breakfast was being prepared. As the staff have their own private area on the premises they would just appear once we went shopping or out for a while and cleaned the villa, etc - we did not know they were there. A knock on the office door was all it took for Debbie (the manager) to appear with a smile and attend to our requests, answer our questions or offer advice.

We ate in for breakfast and we were never left hungry. By day 10 I was probably looking for something non-egg based, but there was always a fruit platter provided. The villa has a full kitchen so breakfast alternatives could be purchased as well as for the odd lunch we had there. As the heart of Seminyak is only a short drive away (I would not walk it) and the villa has its own car and driver we visited Eat Street every night.

The location is far enough out of the hussle and bussle to feel like you are retiring to your own oasis every day when you return. But it is only 5 drive to the heart of Seminyak and a little further into Legian. We arranged with the driver to drop us off and we would just walk until we were tired then phoned for a collection, within 15 minutes we were on our way back to the Villa.

We had 3 families, including a 3,4 & 15 year old, and everyone could find their own space. The 25m lap pool provided exercise for some everyday and a sanctuary to relax whether in or out of the water. It was used every day.

There is 24hr security and CCTV. The office off the master bedroom has a visual of the cameras on the TV screen so you can see the activity for yourself. This was important to us with a young family.

The availability of a car/driver and all the other benefits of this villa far outweighed the location not being within easy walking distance of shops. Something we were apprehensive about when making the booking, but proved to be a justified leap of faith.

The villa is every bit a stunning as it looks on the internet. However it is much larger than you can assess from the pictures.

Dislikes - none.

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Luxury-minded travelers
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
People with disabilities Luxury-minded travelers
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$499
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
How to book this rental
Submit an inquiry to the owner using the above make inquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Peace of Mind Protection
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 4 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing