“Great value, great location, super-friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dipan Resort Petitenget

You added The Dipan Resort Petitenget to your Saves list
The Dipan Resort Petitenget
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Petitenget Gang Gagak No. 1 | Jalan Petitenget Gang Gagak No. 1, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #37 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne
“Great value, great location, super-friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My 2 daughters and I stayed here for 2 nights upon 1st a driving in Bali, and then transferred to a Villa we had already booked - which was more than twice the price. Much to our surprise, we missed The Dipan and wanted to go back.
We would highly recommend and would definitely stay there if we came back.
The location is great, we just walked out the door and headed off each morning.. and the Spa was lovely.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear gladysrae

Greetings from The Dipan Resort Petitenget.

Thank you for spent your time to expressed your fabulous experience with us, we improved time to time indeed , and guest satisfaction is our an tolerant goal with our small of group people in service oriented.

Your recommendations absolutely will helping us to inspired our staff motivation to provided a better services and we are really expect in targeting to have personalize services in the futures and put our guest needs on top of everything's.

On behalf of all the staff here, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Dipan Resort.

The Management of The Dipan resort, Villas and Spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at the dipan for 3 nights in the first week of June. This is a really great hotel - modern, very clean and comfortable. However the best thing about the hotel was the great staff who run it - they make the hotel an awesome place to stay. I was travelling alone and was made to feel so at home. I have never been to another hotel were the staff went out of their way to accomodate me to make sure I was having a good time. Great accomodation (i had a duplex villa with my own pool ), great staff and great location. Will definitely be back - well done guys.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
The Dipan R, Director of Sales at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Victoriabon6

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We recently stayed in a I bedroom villa. The villas are new and modern and look good however there are a few things that could have made the stay better. It was very nice having our own private pool however we used it only once as the sun never hit the pool while we were there and we found it cold. Also there are no steps in the pool which made getting in and out very difficult. It is also fairly deep as my husband was in and the water was above his chest. There is a very nice outdoor patio area with a couple of sun lounges and a shower. The bedroom is nice and the bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom is very modern with an enormous freestanding bath. I did try and have a bath one night although there is not enough hot water and the water pressure only allowed me to fill it slightly before I didn't worry. The showers is huge too with lovely fittings however adding a bench for products would be helpful. The villa has lovely bath products however they are in pottery dispensers which are located outside the shower. I'm sure these minors things willl be sorted by management in time. If you're expecting villa type facilities, it may not be the place. There is a bar fridge sitting on top of a bench, a kitchen sink but not a glass, coffee cup or anything similar. I found this odd as cleaning your teeth in Bali is an effort trying not to use the tap water and I always use the glasses provided to rinse toothbrushes. I'm sure if I asked, someone would have brought me a glass but found this odd that it wasn't even provided for the mini bar drinks. They did offer a free tea or coffee daily from the bar. Breakfast was alacarte and lovely. The staff are great and very pleasant. Lastly, the location of the villa is good for getting to the restaurants in Seminyak however it is right beside Huu bar. Great if you want to drink there but 430 pm the bass from the music was easily heard and again late night i was woken by the noise. It was an ok stay but I was happy to move on.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room away from Huu bar.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

After some shenanigans with another villa we had to find somewhere else to stay at the very last minute. We found this boutique villa by chance and stayed in 1 bedroom villa for 2 nights – it was thoroughly enjoyable. The villa has a small private pool, lovely bathroom and everything you need. Nicely appointed, a few mins walk to the beach & Potato Head, 10 min walk to Kudeta, easy access to shops and restaurants. Once you step inside, the hussle and bussle of Seminyak is completely left outside the walls of this villa. We were offered 50% off all treatments at Pure Spa which we took advantage and had an amazing 2hr massage. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

The villa is next to Hulu Bar which can be quite loud on Fri/Sat night. We could hear some music from there at night but it didn’t bother us so much. There are also some constructions going on next door – it woke us up early one morning.

Breakfast was nice although we were allowed just one dish per person from a la carte menu + tea/coffee OR juice and they charged us for extra food/drinks we ordered.

I would like to thank Dipan Villa for rescuing our holiday from a bad start and we had a great time celebrating our engagement there. Overall I would recommend this place especially the villa type room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Overall we could not fault our 5 night stay.
The Dipan is pretty new, so facilities and rooms are nice & modern.
Staff are very friendly and although still learning, were lovely and very helpful in whatever way possible.
The housekeeping service is EXCELLENT. Rooms are VERY clean, very comfortable king bed, crisp white linen and a lovely turn down service each evening. (I’d compare the service experienced service a similar standard I expect when staying at an Australian Novotel style hotel-if not better). Included an insect spray, coils and electric stoppers each evening at dusk around our courtyard pool and in our room, so mosquitoes were not an issue at all.
We were in Bali for a short visit, attending a friend’s wedding at The Legian Resort Seminyak. We wanted a reasonably priced accommodation and walking distance to that venue.
The Dipan was perfect for this. Dipan is 1 minute walk to Potato Head. 3 min walk to The Legian Resort Seminyak, 5 min walk to Seminyak Square. Less than a 5 min walk down the laneways to the beach front.
Petitenget area is nice. It's still developing and so a little quieter than Eat Street and other areas of Seminyak & Legian. The laneways around The Dipan still has empty blocks to yet be built on. There was no construction that bothered us at all. Inside the Dipan it was very peaceful and a quiet sunny place to come home to each afternoon for a swim, sunbath and rest after walking the busy noisy streets!
We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa (107). It was really nice. Had our own little pool, sunbathing deck leading out from the bedroom and lounge stacker doors, within our own private fenced courtyard. Spacious Villa, nice big bathroom and very good air conditioning units.
The Dipan is a small size boutique resort. The restaurant is a café style built around the reception and entrance where we ate breakfast each day. The main pool is a tropical rock pool style area. Not a large space, but the resort is not big and all villas have their own pool, so would mainly be used by guests of the hotel rooms.
We arranged for a late check out, so moved in the afternoon from our Villa to a Hotel suite. These are upstairs in the main building and are also really nice.
This building is set up like a typical hotel with the main hallway and room doors off that, so nice and secure. No balconies, but lovely big opening stacker windows. Similar to the Villas with large bedroom & bathroom, very clean, modern.
One major concern for The Dipan is the Hulu Cafe next door. Although it’s quite a beautiful venue, it is outdoor and the music played is very loud and until 3am on Friday and Saturday nights. Fortunately the Villas are all on the other side of the Dipan’s complex so the loud music would not keep you awake. Our Villa was the closest, but fortunately it still faced away from Hulu, so we could hear the music but it didn’t keep us awake all night.
There are 3 or 4 of the Hotel Suite rooms, who’s windows look directly down onto Hulu cafe, so I'd suggest if you are trying to sleep in one of these on a Fri or Sat night before 3am you won’t be able to!..ie Suite rooms 123, 124, 125.
Have posted some photos – they aren’t very good pics, but hopefully tell you some of the story. Thank you to the Dipan for a lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
The Dipan R, Director of Sales at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear, AcandMH

Thank you for spent your time to express your experience during your stay at The Dipan Resort.
We will always do everything possible to continue our service consistency toward our guest satisfaction .
Meanwhile our team is still under progression of training and we believe we will running strong and in the right direction .
once again thank you for review , we certainly appreciate your thoughtfulness and want to assure you that your confidence in us will be always justified .
If any time in the future we may again be of service to you , please do not hesitate to contact us.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Smiles and help through out your stay when you come here. My boyfriend and I arrived and I said to them it was our anniversary, they acted as excited as I was, they put rose petrels in our room and well everywhere, it was so sweet of them. They had also given us a free upgrade for the 3 nights we had booked as well, we liked it so much we stayed another night. The breakfast, coffees, tea and juices were the best I have had in the 4 months of travelling and staying in some of the most fabulous hotels, we found out why... The owner pinched the number one chef from a very fine restaurant. Also, I read by one person about the bugs/Mosquitos, well prepared with deet, we didn't need it, I think the hotel is a fast learner, if you see their website the say they deal with the mozzies every night in you room and 2 x a month in the gardens, and it's true, they do. This hotel is really fantastic. We are already missing it, we will be back... Oh yes there is work going on around the hotel, but don't let this put you off, they do everything to make your stay comfortable. Oh get a scooter, much more fun, it's near to Kuta if you like that crowd or you can go to Potato Head, Ku Du Ta or Coocoon, beach clubs, the "cool/beautiful" crowd.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
The Dipan R, Director of Sales at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear LadyOfLuckUK

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Dipan's facilities are very new and the suites are spacious, including the bathroom. I liked the high ceilings and the decorations, though the lights were a bit dim. We enjoyed the complimentary welcome massage and booked another massage afterwards. The pool is unheated but it is very deep (I couldn't touch the bottom).

It is not right next to the beach but it is a 5 minute walk away. However, the closest beach in Petitenget is actually sacred and you cannot sunbathe or swim there - simply walk left or right for another 5-10 minutes and you can find a section of the beach for swimming. From double six we were able to get a taxi ride for 25,000rp (not metered). It costs around 85,000rp to get here by taxi from the airport (pre-set price) so the hotel pickup price of 30USD is a bit dear.

I really enjoyed the breakfast, I thought there was a big selection (around 10 options) and even though breakfast time was 7-11, there were times where I got breakfast before 7 and after 11. Breakfast was delicious and conveniently can be brought to your room. The hotel currently offers one free coffee or tea per person per day which I really enjoyed. There is no kettle in the room.

The staff are all incredibly friendly.

Only minor problem was that there is a bar/club nearby which is really loud. On Saturday night the music blared until 3.30am and it was impossible to sleep as the bass reverberated throughout the room. However on other nights the music was not too loud and I was able to sleep well.

The wireless was generally good but on two occasions it did not work or was quite slow.

I thought the laundry prices offered by the hotel (per piece) were too dear and there are no cheap laundry places nearby.

Shampoo and conditioner could have been better.

Overall I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I prefer room 123 as there is an extra desk and the sofa is bigger.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear water_lili_88

Greetings from The Dipan Resort Petitenget.

Thank you for staying with us and spare some of your precious time giving us your reviews which we really appreciate.

We are very happy to know you and have enjoyed your stay with us recently.

Obviously our airport pick up and drop off is only 20 USD / car / way , frankly if we compare to other hotel and villas around our price is cheaper and we also provide brand new cars and professional drivers to provide comfortableness for our guest.

The noise from Huu bar , they provide free vouchers for our guest every Saturday night to joint their party , and we think they will not make much noise after they accomplished their hotel resident which located attached to their bar as well.

Your recommendations absolutely will helping us to inspired our staff motivation to provide a better services and we are really expect in targeting to have personalize services in the futures and put our guest needs on top of everything's.

On behalf of all the staff here, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Dipan Resort .

The Management.

Been to The Dipan Resort Petitenget? Share your experiences!