“Great private villa with excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Aroha Seminyak

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Villa Aroha Seminyak
You added Villa Aroha Seminyak to your Saves list
Jl. Petitenget, Komplek Villa Kendal No 30, Seminyak, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #153 of 306 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Darwin, Australia
“Great private villa with excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at Villa Aroha with two friends and we rented one villa over a week. The villa staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and willing to assist in anything we needed which made all the difference. The villa was smaller in person compared to the pictures we had seen online when booking, however it was sufficient for three people. I stayed in the second room which had two single beds, it would have been nice to have the option of a double bed but once again, this was a minor issue.

The villa was clean and tidy and had everything we needed for our stay- two bedrooms with an ensuite each, an outside kitchen and living area (make sure you buy some mosquito repellant) and a private pool that sits between the living/kitchen area and the bedrooms.
The private pool was perfect for hot days after shopping in the markets and to just relax.

The Villa also organised a day trip for us out the see the volcano and on a different day to Pura Luhur Uluwatu, and also to chauffeured us to Jimbaran bay for the famous sunset seafood dinners on the beach. I 100% recommend the driver/tour guide Roedy (https://www.facebook.com/roedy.bali.1?fref=ts), who was knowledgable about the area and tours and was always so kind and friendly!

The only negatives are, that at the time we stayed at Villa Aroha, there was a lot of construction happening right across the lane way (this could have finished by now), however as we were out most days it did not affect us and the owner of Villa Aroha gave us discounted rates to compensate for the noise. Also, I spotted a mouse in the rafts of my room, which the staff hurriedly attempted to catch!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Both my husband and I had such an amazing time staying at the Villa Aroha. Your own pool and private courtyard, 24 hour security and the most amazing on-hands staff. The staff don't annoy you, but they're always willing to help. Paula and Moko made us aware of the construction going on across the road but that didn't bother us because we were always out in the day. They do pick up and drops offs to the airport for a very cheap price. Lots of cafes and restaurants/bars within walking distance. The villa is tucked away down a side street - away from the hustle and bustle.
But the reason our stay was even more amazing - Herman, villa staff :)
He is an amazing man and a new best friend to Fa and I. He will go to the ends of the earth to make you're stay a memorable one. He is honest, hard working, always on the go. Just the little things like helping with our laundry, dropping us to various places, ordering our late night snacks - Herman's also a book of information. He can organize almost anything you ask for. One staff even went up the road on his scooter just to wave down a taxi for us because Herman was at the airport picking up more guests.
Herman also walked us to the terminal which was quite tearful for all 3 of us. 5 days in Bali - wish we stayed longer.
terima kasih Herman! We cannot thank you enough. god bless

Regards
Raewyn & Fa

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were picked up from the airport with Paula texting me confirming details right from the minute we left Australia. Great villa and so good to relax by the pool. The staff are the best people you could find. One drunken night all we wanted was McDonald's and sure enough the staff member ran us down to McDonald's at 4 am with no charge. The staff were always there and fixed any problem we had. Every day I would drive in and before I could get out of our car they would be opening the gate for me. Would defiantly stay again. The construction site didn't bother us the slightest.
Thankyou to all of you it was truly amazing.

• Stayed April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I loved this place! close to everything... the most gorgeous and friendly staff always ready to help... Wish I could have stayed longer!

THe villas have a little wear and tear however they were extra clean, comfortable and had almost everything you need...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane QLD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Sometimes things go wrong. That is when you learn the quality of a person. I booked Villa Aroha in July 2012 but when I arrived in December they had lost my booking. I was upset, angry and distrustful. The owner Paula responded magnificently to my complaint. Within 24 hours she had fully refunded my deposit even though my family and I stayed one night in the Villa. She then worked round the clock to find us alternative accommodation: this was on Christmas Eve.

Of course I would have preferred things to have worked out differently: but as I say, the integrity and responsiveness of this establishment cannot be faulted.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wonderful place to stay in Staff are fantastic and will do anything for you If you just wont to stay in for the night I would recommend to have the BBQ We had Garlic King Prawn and Chicken Satay sticks cook for us by the wonderful staff along with Salad or Fried rice make up for you by staff for a very small cost We ask if we could have a bigger fridge and next thing we knew it was organized for us The Villa we had looked just like my booking picture Fantastic
Great for family stays I would recommend this Villa to anyone

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Every time we go to Bali we stay somewhere different but after staying at Villa Aroha in Seminyak we will definitely book it again as it was splendid.

What you see on the website photos is exactly what you get. The place is simply beautiful and felt like our relaxing oasis after a day at the beach or in the busy Bali streets.

I loved the sofa by the pool where we had a drink before going out or where I read a book and having breakfast on our kitchen table in the morning was wonderful.

The staff were very nice and always available for us outside our door step but never invasive. As all Balinese people, always smiling and up for a friendly chat.

The whole place was very clean and close to the Seminyak restaurant area. There is a Mini Mart just outside the main road if you forget bits and pieces.
We simply loved it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Villa Aroha Seminyak? Share your experiences!