My husband and I are currently staying in the U Paasha, having been here a week and with another week to go.
It's a great hotel and while there are a couple of small issues, the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.
So here's all the good points:
1. Location. The hotel is located on the main street "Eat Street" in Seminyak and when you walk out the front door, there are cafes, restaurants, shops and boutiques everywhere. There are also lots of taxis going up and down the street so you can pick one up very quickly.
2. Style: The hotel is really modern and hip. The rooms are huge, with a very comfy king size bed, a small sofa and a day bed. There's a mini bar and tea/ coffee making facilities and you get 2 complimentary bottles of water daily.
The room has a balcony but it's not really a working balcony. It's long and just deep enough to stand out on but if you open up the huge french doors of the room then it feels as if you're sitting outside anyway. The shower is really big although the water pressure is not the best we've ever had (but not the worst either). There's an iPod dock in the room which is great. You also get to choose your own toiletries. We chose Jasmine and they are really lovely. Oh and there's also a safe in the room.
3. The Pool: The pool is fabulous. It's on the roof and is surrounded by nice trees. It also has speakers around it and the music played is lovely. We've never had a problem with not getting a subbed, there's always plenty and there are plenty of large towels. There's also a basket with sunscreen in it if you want! The water temperature has been lovely while we've been here. There's a happy hour every night between 5pm and 8pm where you can get cocktails for £2 each and they have a great cocktail menu, and there are always plenty of staff going around the pool so you don't even have to get up off your sunbed! You can also get food but we haven't tried any.
4. The Gym. There's a really nice gym beside the pool. It has 2 cross trainers, a few treadmills, a bike and a multi-gym. There are also free weights which is great for us and plenty of yoga mats.
5. The Breakfast. We've seen a few comments about the breakfasts being poor but we don't understand this as we've had a great breakfast every day. Here's some of the stuff on offer...
Egg station - Fried, poached, scrambled, omelette... you name it, it's yours!
Waffle & Pancake station - With fresh strawberries and syrup
Warm, freshly baked pastries - Croissants, Pan au Chocolat, Danish Pastries (This was a favourite)
Soup station - Build your own soup - Chicken noodle, Meatball, Beef Noodle
Cereal bar with fresh fruit
Meats & Cheeses
Bread/ Toast station
Fresh Juice bar 0 you can also order cafe latte, cappuccino etc
And then there was the buffet... Sausages, bacon, hash browns, baked beans, potato wedges, fried noodles, fried rice, beef rending... etc etc
When other reviewers are saying there's not enough choice, I have to wonder what kind of breakfast they're usually used to if all that is not enough!
It's served from 7am - 11am (but they also have an all day breakfast policy, so if you miss it you can call them up and they'll deliver it to your room right up to 11pm at night) and you can sit inside or out on a small terrace.
6. Service. The people of Bali are really friendly and helpful and the staff here are the same. They always stop to chat and have been teaching us some local words and phrases.
So, what could they do better? Well as a few people have pointed out, the air con is quite noisy but there's an iPod dock in the room so we've just put on some soft music and the noise hasn't bothered us.
We've also noticed a sewage smell in the room but it's only in the evenings and to be honest, we bought a packet of nag champ incense and just burn one every night and it's been absolutely fine.
The hotel offers airport pickup which we used and it was great, but it also cost $25 and you can actually pick up a taxi at the airport for half that.
There are a couple of excellent restaurants just across the road from the hotel:
Cafe Bali - great food, quite cheap, lovely atmosphere. Wine is about £20 a bottle but that seems the norm for everywhere. The service is very 'relaxed' so don't go if you're in a hurry!
Chanti - Excellent restaurant, quite pricey but the delicious food is worth it. The service is great and there's a romantic atmosphere.
All in all we are really enjoying this hotel and would definitely come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- U Paasha Seminyak Bali Hotel is enviably located in the heart of Seminyak with nightlife and beach life both close by. Featuring modern and contemporary design, our Bali resort offers uncluttered spaces that create a relaxed and tranquil atmosphere that calls for enjoyment.U’s unique concept of service including our 24 hour room concept which allows guests to enjoy their room for 24 hours from arrival, as well as breakfast whenever/wherever during the stay, international and local calls at cost, pre-select amenities such as pillows, tea, music and soap that guests can select from our online U Choose programme and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your U Paasha Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- U Paasha Seminyak Bali