“Nice, but not for me....” 4 of 5 stars

U Paasha Seminyak
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Laksmana No.77, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #38 of 94 hotels in Seminyak
Sydney, Australia
“Nice, but not for me....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I don't want to be the first to write anything but a glowing report on U Paasha, not sure if it's the hotel itself or my personal taste, but it wasn't really for me I have to say...... We didn't get off to a good start when the pre booked and confirmed airport transfer didn't show up. Not ideal at 11pm, single woman travelling with a child.

We had to move rooms a couple of times as there was always something not right. A terrible smell came out of the air con in our 1st room, moved to another where the smell was only a little better but a water leak coming from above outside our door on the 'balcony' meant it looked and sounded like it was raining all the time. Last room had a drip or some ticking noise in the air con but I couldn't bear to ask to be moved again - just turned it off and opened the door.

House keeping was a bit hit and miss. Some days room was made up within 5 minutes of you exiting, others (the days you needed it with a sick child) I had to ask 3 times over 3 hours.

Should have known that by the lack of photos that the 'balcony' would have been pretty much unusable. It's 2 foot wide only housing the air conditioner unit and a dead pot plant.

The price was great, but I think the quality and attention to detail is reflected in that price. The decor is lovely, but somehow already looks a little worn in areas when the hotel is brand new. The crisp white bed linen and soft towels are beautiful. Staff are lovely, as is always the case in Bali. We found the choice of food pretty limited and not great at all - luckily it's across the road from Cafe Bali.

I travel to Bali alot and have stayed in many & varied styles and prices of accommodation, so I am certainly not hotel precious, but something just wasn't right about U Paasha for me. Sorry U Paasha, I know you tried, but something just didn't work for me..... I would recommend it for short stays where you are out all the time and just need a nice room to sleep in (provided the air con doesn't smell) or a business trip. Not for extended stays with a child if you want to eat at the hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
UPaasha S, General Manager at U Paasha Seminyak, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Amanda O,

Greetings from U Paasha Seminyak Bali.
May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to share your experiences at U Paasha Seminyak on Trip Advisor. As a brand new property your feedback is invaluable in allowing us to maintain the high standards we set ourselves and offer an outstanding stay for all our future guests.
I was delighted to read about the aspects of your stay that met with your approval but must offer my most sincere apologies for those that did not live up to your expectations.
I deeply regret the lack of transportation from the airport as it was an oversight on our part. I have taken strong measures to ensure it does not occur again and I hope our offer of complimentary transportation on your departure and an evening meal as our guest went some way to show how sorry we are.
The issues involving the smell and leak from the air conditioning have now been resolved by my engineering department and I am sorry for the inconvenience it caused you. I have also instructed my housekeeping manager to be more attentive in cleaning a guest’s room in a timely manner.
I am very concerned by your comment that you considered some areas of the hotel to be a little worn because, as you mentioned, the hotel is brand new and constructed to the exacting brand standards of our international chain parent company. If you could kindly find the time to contact me directly via gm@upaashaseminyak.com with your observations I will investigate the matter. Furthermore if you could inform me as to why you found the food to be “not great” I will discuss this with my Executive Chef as up to this point we have only received positive feedback over the dishes on offer and your opinion is extremely important.
May I end by saying that it was a delight to host you as our honored guest and that, despite your reservations, we hope that you would give us another chance to serve you on your next trip to Bali.

Warm Regard,

Gindo Sianturi

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was after much of a research and i managed to chance upon U Paasha @ Seminyak. Usually, the pictures on the website would defer after you had seen the real thing but U Paasha delivered what they promised!

Their team:
I booked 1 night stay through Agoda but to my dismay, it is the wrong date. So I wrote in to the Reservation Manager, Harry Nurbito. He was so nice to change the booking date for me and i decided to stay another night with U Paasha. I am also able to choose the type of soap, tea and pillow for my stay which i feel add a personal touch to what the norm hotel have to offer.

Their Room:
I stayed at 3rd floor, Room 322. Room is SPACIOUS and CLEAN! In the room, they have two huge resting sofa, the pillows and bed are very much comfortable, i feel that the huge bed will be able to hold up to a family of four. Thou on the first night, the a/c went off and the lights flickered but upon calling the front desk, they were knocking on my door within minutes. Wifi in the room was very very strong. They have DVD Player upon request and docking for your iphone and ipad. Room are available to stay 24 hours, which is a plus plus point to me as I checked in at 5pm on the first night and as my flight is at 8pm on the last day, I'm able to freshen up before i make my way to the airport.

To reiterate how they go the extra mile for their guest, breakfast are provided to all guest till 11pm daily at anywhere in the hotel compound.

Their location:
U Paasha is located at the stretch of Laksmana, which is a busy street, be it in the morning or at night. I feel is good for solo traveler like me. Just opposite U Paasha, Ultimo Restaurant serve the most delicious italian food (& cheap!) with valet parking (be prepare to queue, if you are there after 7pm). If you love authentic Balinese food, just opposite as well, Warung Murah, which i feel their Nasi Goreng is excellent and cheap as well! The hotel is also within a stone's throw away from Potato Head Club and Ku De Ta. Along the hotel itself, there are loads of designers' shops selling from apparels, bags and shoes. If you are looking at getting a painting, along Laksmana, there are a few excellent quality gallery for your buy.

Overall, U Paasha is definitely the place to stay when you're are Seminyak. My next Bali trip, i will not hesitate to make a booking with U Paasha.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Booked a last minute package trip to Bali through Expedia before starting a new job, and chose U Paasha after a lot of deliberation. I had never been to Bali before and was travelling solo so decided to please myself on the location etc! Even though U Paasha is a new hotel,so had very few reviews compared to some of the other accommodation options in Seminyak, the reviews that were available were glowing and the hotel looked really good online. I was so happy with my choice. The lobby area was really unique, upon arrival just after 11pm, I was greeted warmly by staff at reception and given a nice cold towel to refresh myself. I was given a choice of soaps and escorted to my room. WOW! The suite was huge, and about 1/2 the size of my 3 bedroom apartment in Sydney! Huge comfy king size bed, mattress and pillows were so comfy that if I hadn't been in Bali, I don't think I'd have wanted to leave the bed! The next morning I went for the inclusive breakfast which was really good - the free wifi in the hotel is strongest in the lobby and restaurant areas so a good opportunity to check emails/plan your day while having breakfast. The restaurant staff were fantastic - very friendly, efficient and polite - nothing was too much trouble. They did not forget my name from the first morning to the end of my trip which was impressive given the hotel was fully booked at times! A special mention to Rini and Eris who looked after me so well during the trip. Breakfast is served in the restaurant 7am - 10am but I believe you can order it to have in your room or by the pool at other times. After breakfast, I went to the roof top pool which was just amazing, so serene and peaceful given that the hotel is in a busy area, you would never know whilst lying by the pool! Comfy loungers, the staff there were fantastic too bringing towels, opening umbrellas etc. I had lunch by the pool 2 or 3 days, they had a reasonable menu (sandwiches, burgers, fries etc - around $8 AUD) so rather than leave the luxury of the pool for lunch, I got it delivered to my lounger!
I ate in the restaurant two nights, and was the only person there on both occasions - maybe given the fact that I was on holidays solo and found it more comfortable to eat at the hotel, but the steak , dessert, cocktails and service was all fantastic.

Location wise - as I had never been to bali, i was unsure of where to stay, but the location was perfect - 200m walk to Seminyak Square shopping area, with lots of restaurants and shops directly on the street outside. I walked quite a bit around Seminyak but cabs were always available within a minute directly outside the hotel on the street. Because the hotel is so new, alot of cab drivers did not know where it was - so I found it easier to say Seminyak Square when returning to the hotel.

I found a fantastic spa on a walk one day, about a 5 min cab ride or 20 minute walk away from the hotel called the Sundari Day Spa. I had a 3 hour package and it was to die for. Up there with some of the 5 star spas I've visited in Dubai and the U.S! Very reasonably priced and i even bought some massage oil and face products to bring home with me.
Also, upon recommendations from friends prior to my trip, I went to visit 2nd Skin leather shop (close to Semara resort and Potato Head) where I had a beautiful leather jacket made. Was very pleased with this.

Overall, I had a fantastic trip, my only regret was that I only had 5 nights at the hotel and in Bali! I will definitely be back to U Paasha on my next trip. Thank you to the wonderful staff!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor which did not have any views, but for the time I spent in the room (shower...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Lovely hotel, was everything the pictures on the website promised. Generally satisfied with my stay except for a few small grouses. Firstly, the wifi in the room was not working, to my great disappointment. I had been planning to do some research on places to eat and visit while in Seminyak, arriving armed with a list of recommendations, but was unable to do so. The wifi in the lobby was supposed to be working, but I was unable to connect most of the time. Wifi in the room was one of the main factors I considered when I was choosing a hotel, so I was quite bummed about this. Secondly, the bathroom design, though beautifully minimalist, lacked a simple shelf for placing toiletries. We ended up putting all our bottles on the floor. And we were puzzled as to why they toilet door was frosted but not the one to the shower. Not very convenient when you're not travelling as a couple. And lastly, even though a big deal was made out of having us choose our favorite soaps when checking in, none of our soap choices materialized over our 3-night stay. This was more amusing to us than anything so we just left it. Overall, the staff were really friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious (killer croissants!) and we had a good stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stumbled on to U Paasha Seminyak by chance after scouring the Internet for a place to stay, and I'm so glad I found it! The service was five star. The hotel is amazing. The beds were incredibly comfortable, I had the best sleep I've had in months. We had a wonderful stay here and I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Nicely appointed rooms-with great large beds, great bathrooms, good brealfast, great location. Great checkin/checkout. Rooftop pool is great, make sure you have breakfast on the roof during your stay! Recommended!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The location of U Paasha is perfect, near Seminyak square , in eat street.Walking distance to Mamasan, 15 minutes walk to Potato Head.Service fantastic, room huge, roof top pool and bar fantastic, with some of the best views in Seminyak.Great concept with breaky anywhere and anytime.Would definitely recommend to everyone.Evan if not staying here , the roof top bar is a must at sunset

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to U Paasha Seminyak? Share your experiences!