“Great end to our Bali stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centra Taum Seminyak Bali

You added Centra Taum Seminyak Bali to your Saves list
Centra Taum Seminyak Bali
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Lebak Sari 37-39 Petitenget | Kerobokan, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Wi-Fi + Free ABF
Ranked #60 of 115 Hotels in Seminyak
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great end to our Bali stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My Boyfriend and I stayed in the pool view room end of June/early July.
The service was really good! Very friendly and helpful staff. When we arrived they took us to our room, showed us everything and told us where the gym and resturant were.
The breakfast was good, I was kind of over eating buffet breakfasts by this stage of my Bali trip but my boyfriend seemed to enjoy it.
I never got to enjoy the pool (due to doing too much shopping and not enough relaxing) it looked so nice though!
The room was serviced every morning and always looked really well presented.
The hotel itself is about a 20 min taxi ride to Kuta/Legian and a short taxi ride to Seminyak shops.
I'd defiantaly stay here again. It was a lovely place to end our trip!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Centra_Taum_Bali, General Manager at Centra Taum Seminyak Bali, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear NewZealandSarah91,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your holiday trip to Bali and for your amazing review.

I have shared your review with our entire team which will only motivate us to continue providing exceptional experiences to our guests.
Centra Taum Seminyak is indeed 'Great place to stay”, and I am so happy to know that you and your boyfriend enjoyed our warm hospitality, the services and facilities at the hotel.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write the review. We hope that you will plan another holiday with us soon!

With best regards,

E: gmctb@chr.co.th

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

First impression, room (duplex type) is huge, which is awesome if you have a family of four and get a good deal from groupon. However, the sofa bed was very uncomfortable, both for sitting and sleeping. I couldn't sleep well on it, good thing I let my kids sleep with my wife in the master bedroom upstairs. The walls were dusty and floor was dirty, indicating poor cleaning. The big shower in the 1st floor bathroom didn't work, indicating poor maintenance. Toiletry only includes shower cap and sanitary bag. The linen bed sheet was stained, as well as some of the pool towels. Breakfast and food overall, nothing special. Swimming pool is huge and kids-friendly, which is great. Another bad experience for us was when checking out and needing a taxi, we were under the impression that the hotel would call a Blue Bird, which was what we wanted and what they offered us the night before when we asked if we could get a taxi. In fact, when a taxi showed up, it was an airport taxi and when we got into the taxi, after loading our stuff, the meter was already running. After only about 5 minutes in the taxi, the meter read 35 thousand rupiah, which didn't make sense at all. The staff were nice and very friendly, but I wouldn't consider staying in the hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure it's a non-smoking room and it's not dusty or damp.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Benny S,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Centra Taum Seminyak, Bali.

Your feedback is very important as we carefully analyze all of our guest comments to identify areas of improvement in the hotel’s services and facilities, to continue to meet our guest expectations. We regret to hear that you found cleanliness was an issue and one of the shower in the bath room didn’t work properly.

I would like to assure you that your feedback will be brought to the attention of the concerned team members and corrective actions taken to ensure there are no similar recurrences in the future. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Centra Taum Seminyak, Bali in the near future.

With kind regards,

Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here for 10 nights and it was a lovely stay. Hotel is clean (although towels in the rooms could be updated as they were a bit grey). Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Towels are provided by the pool area which is useful. Location is good, its about a 10 minute walk to the main restuarants/bars and about 15 minutes to the beach. Porbably too much of a walk to Semniyak Square. You can get taxis for really cheap, however, the hotel do have a shuttle bus to the beach 3 times per day. The pool area is quite shaded due to all of the trees but don't be fooled as you do still catch the sun!! There is a good variety for breakfast, although it is pretty much the same each morning. The good thing is they have an egg chef so you can place your order with him for boiled, fried, scrambled eggs or even an omelette. Breakfast is served 7 am - 10.30 am. We had a duplex suite, however, wish we had a normal room but with a pool view as these seem to be the best. Our room was very very basic and we didnt really need the duplex. Good thing with duplex is you have two large bathrooms so when one is occupied there is the other free :)
One thing which I was disappointed with is that I had to ask a few times for my bed sheets to be changed. You will find that the maids will clean up, provide fresh towels etc but only make your bed. You may have to ask them to change the sheets!
Tips of where to eat:
Taco Local
The Deck
Potato Heads
W Hotel
Jemme
Petignet
These are all within walking distance of hotel and were all fab and extremely cheap. We eat in Semniyak Square a couple of times but quality was no where near as good as Petignet.
Nice pleasant stay overall.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lolipop177,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on Tripadvisor. I would like to thank you for choosing Centra Taum as one of the accommodations during your 10 nights stay in Bali.

We are happy with you 4* star review, however, off course we wish it would have been a 5* one. ;-)
However, I agree with your rating.

Dear lolipop177,

I am glad to know that you found the hotel was clean, staffs were extremely friendly & helpful, location of the hotel was good, variety of breakfast was also good.

Your feedback regarding your bed sheet is very much appreciated and I apologize for the inconvenience may caused.

Thank you to have stayed with us, I look forward to the opportunity of again welcome you back at Centra Taum and try our Pool view Studio – if your holiday plans bring you back to Bali.

Warmest regards,

malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stay in pool view room,it was amazing. 3 stars hotel with big room size and complete facilities. 15 minutes walk to potato head and close to other happenings in seminyak. The staff are friendly and professional. I stayed in other 5 stars but the staff were not friendly as Centra. Swimming pool is beautiful,the only thing is we miss the sun after 12 pm, we spent times in the beach after 12, take shuttle service available at 1pm. The breakfast was good considering 3 stars hotel. Highly recommended this hotel

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 78Clk,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel services and that you experienced a GREAT STAY with us at Centra Taum! Your positive words have been shared with the entire team.

“Great Stay…highly recommend this hotel” - Thank you very much.
Centra Taum is indeed a great hotel to stay in Bali and I am glad that you agree.

We all look forward to your next visit at Centra Taum!

With kind regards,

kl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Dear Centra Taum Bali Staff, Firstly, would like to thank you for the great help and hospitality provided to me and wife in order to arrange for the trip on 28 June 2014 -02 July 2014, Thank you also for accommodating to our requests, you're the best!!! Especially MAGDALENA, WAYAN & UCIK.On our staying day, we found the arrangement by from your fellow staff to be so beautifully organized and all of your were so friendly and courteous to the guests. We received many good compliments from them!! As for me and my wife, we want to cordially thank you and the management for everything! Your excellent customer service and warm gestures were the essence to keep the services beautiful! Your management is very lucky to have you and your fellow staff as members of Centra Taum Bali! We hope to plan another trip in future at there, do keep us in touch and we hope to stay again with you guys in the future! May god bless you always and take care. Thank you! Chris Chai

• Stayed June 2014
Dear chrischai1437,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience on Trip Advisor.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday with us and I am delighted to note that you found the services and facilities provided at the hotel have met your expectation.

Thank you for your kind words addressed to our team and especially to MAGDALENA, WAYAN & UCIK. It’s so much appreciated and trust that I will share your kind support with them.

Dear chrischai1437,
I hope we will have the opportunity to live up 100% to your expectations - the way it should be - given another opportunity in the future.
I hope that you and your wife will choose to stay with us on your next trip to Bali and to have the pleasure of welcoming you personally in a not too distant future.

Kind regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Everything except pisang goreng and the pool are poor.
The staff are nice but not really helpful. You hv to find the right person for the right answer. They cleaning the room in 2.30am with a lot of scratching & vacuum noise.
The nice backyard was stinky; you cant sit & relax there.
The breakfast and in-room-dining are terrible.
Room space was small, you cant walkway if you put extrabed even in the "living room" so we canceled it... and they charge for it !
Never bring your family here, really not a place for a kid.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rainier T,

I appreciate the time taken to post your review of Centra Taum.

It is of great concern for me to read all of the areas you have highlighted where we have not delivered the services as expected. I am very surprised by the review on the breakfast and in-room dinning as this is usually one of our good point as is the condition of the rooms.

In regards to the cleaning time and smell in the back yard – I would like to apologize, I have investigated this issues with the team and the problem have been directly solved. I herewith would like to clarify that the charge of IDR 300.000 was NOT for the extra bed but charge for breakfast of the extra person. Your original booking shows that you booked 1 family residence 3 BR for 4 persons but your actual family member were more than 4.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review.
We hope that you will plan another holiday with us soon.

Kind Regards,

Kuala Kencana, Papua, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just came back from a 3 nite stay. First thing came to my mind when seeing this hotel. A maze or labyrinth. The hotel layout is so unusual my kids are having fun exploring. Anyway here are my comments about the hotel.
Staff: very welcoming during arrival. Accomodating too when my parents request a first floor room. Welcome drinks on arrival. Throughout the stay, I have no objections against them.
Location: Seminyak, but a bit off the track. It can be good in terms of noise but can be bad in terms of distance. But walking to the crowds took only about 10 15 mins.
Exterior: unusual but fun. Other than the studio, almost all units seem to be a stand alone with extra spaces between units. This helps with the voices from next door although the door is kind of thin. The pool though is kind of small and too close to the dining area. Splashing risk.
Room: we stayed at the duplex area, 2 floors. Good sized tv and room. 2 bathrooms on each floor so that helps. The down side though is many sharp edges. The low bed headboard is kind of useless and potential risk for hurting yourself if you are not careful. The bed is very comfy though. The stairs are kind of slippery and do not have the kind of rubber to prevent slips. Nothing major, just small details that can be improved.
The bathroom does not have the usual kind of tub that you will see in hotel.
Dining area: rather small and too close to the pool. During bfast time, it can get quite crowded and the food refill rate can be somewhat slow. The food quality is good enough.
Summary: I can recommend this hotel to friends who visit Seminyak.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Wilibona,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Centra Taum Seminyak Bali and sharing your A “MAZE” experience with others on TripAdvisor. It gives us great pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel’s facilities, service delivered by our staff, location, the room and comfy bed.

Your input regarding stair’s edges, headboard of the bed, food refill time at breakfast is highly appreciated and have been shared to the team to be rectified.

Once again thank you, we are all looking forward to welcoming you both back to Centra Taum Seminyak, Bali for another memorable stay.

Kindest regards,

Email : gmctb@chr.co.th

Been to Centra Taum Seminyak Bali? Share your experiences!