I get to know about this Hotel from Groupon whereby they are having some promotions on their Studio Room last November. Looking from the reviews by others here, I find it to be ok to proceed with the purchase for a 4D 3N stay for 2 (me & my sister). I have communicated with the hotel management on our room booking and airport transfer. From the purchase, I've got other goodies from the Hotel itself, namely return airport transfer, welcome drinks, fruit basket, free Indonesian set lunch. Located at Seminyak, we find it reasonable and convenience to us. we are assigned to room 308 which is just a step away from its gymnasium.
Following are my reviews:
1. Good response on emails - prior to my arrival, all my emails pertaining to booking, airport transfers and other enquiries are replied and confirmed promptly by one Magdalena Siahaan.
2. The layout of this hotel is very totally unique but some people might confuse with the arrangement. The designs of the walls are covered with moss (the intention of the management)The roof top is one of the most unique feature of this hotel which you will have a view of a paddy field beside the hotel. The view will be simply fantastic if you could see the paddy bearing grains. While the restaurant is just next to the pool and it has a open-air concept (covered but not air conditioned).
3. Facilities are good, this hotel has a very nice pool, fully equipped gymnasium and lounge area which was fully utilised by us and besides that it also offers shuttle to Seminyak Square, rental of bicycles and in-house spa.
4. As for our Studio Room, we find it to be very spacious, and fully equipped with mini bar, satellite tv, couches, safe box. Our balcony also have couch, big enough to become a bed for two. We spend our time at our room balcony at night enjoying the strong sea breeze. Our room also have cooking facilities (electric induction cooker with pots and pans).
5. The breakfast is not splurge but more than good enough to choose and fill up our appetite. Enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant which is directly facing the pool.
6. Staff are well trained. From our shuttle driver cum bell boy to the waitresses. Good English communication skills and decorum and its easier for us since we are from Malaysia, so language is not a big issue here but amazed that they can speak good and decent English and some with a TWANG!
7. Location wise is not at the main town, but it takes approximately around 15-20 mins depends on the traffic to get there. This is not a main issue because we hired our own driver to drive us around.
1. As for our room, we find that the air conditioner is not working. It is set at 18'C but throughout our 4D3N stay, it is reasonably not 18'C but it feels like 24'C instead, believing that there is no gas. Made a complaint to the guest service, they immediately send their technician to rectify the problem. Saw them changing the filter of the air conditioner and also informed us that they are cleaning the condenser but we find it at the same temperature, or maybe it feels like 23'C. there is air movement but not that cool. Quite lazy to lodge another complain, we decided to utilised our balcony at night where it is much colder outside with the strong sea breeze & winds. We hope that the management of the hotel is noted on this matter and try to rectify it.
In conclusion, except for the air conditioner issue, we would truly would like to come and stay here again if we are at Bali. The hospitality of the people at the hotel is at par with higher end hotels, maybe its just our luck! =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centra Taum Seminyak Bali features 90 prestigious Studios, Duplex Suites, Family Suites and Pool Suites with several units offering 15 m2 private plunge pools. Each room offers extensive private furnished balcony complete with double daybed whilst every Duplex Suite features sofa bed suitable for up to 2 children. All family friendly units feature cooking facilities as well as separate lounging area. Free Wi-Fi Internet access is provided throughout the resort, in all guest rooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Centra Taum Seminyak Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centra Taum Seminyak Bali