“Perfectly fine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centra Taum Seminyak Bali

Save Saved
You added Centra Taum Seminyak Bali to your Saves list
Centra Taum Seminyak Bali
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Lebak Sari 37-39 Petitenget | Kerobokan, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Buffet Breakfast
Ranked #55 of 104 Hotels in Seminyak
New Zealand
“Perfectly fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Centra Taum Hotel in Seminyak was perfectly fine - a nice room with air conditioning and a balcony with "day bed" .. which is a bit weird - like a double bed outside with bolsters around two sides. I must admit I had a little nap on there one afternoon. The room looked out into the back of the adjoining building so no view to the outside at all, however the rooms were all placed so that no other room had its balcony facing the same way so not a privacy issue. The place had free Wi-fi in rooms but that was down pretty much the whole time so we had to queue for the PC in the day room. It was Galungan, a Hindu/Bali holiday so I guess that's why it took so long to get the problem serviced.

The swimming pool was good but we're not pool bunnies so not a focus for us. If people want to bake in the sun around the pool, then this place isn't really ideal as poolside doesn't get a lot of sun.

The breakfast was really good although the coffee was dishwater strength.

This end of Seminyak is not really full-on hustle and bustle like Kuta/Legian and no bars or night-life scene although the restaurants and cafes in the area were good. It was all perfectly fine for us.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Centra_Taum_Bali, General Manager at Centra Taum Seminyak Bali, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Pammage,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

We understand that the strategic location of the hotel around to the seminyak nightlife has been essential to you.

Kindly accept my apologies for the inconvenient experience you had due to failure conncetion for WiFi broadband entire public area hotspot and in room broadband service. It is true that we are still working on a project to repair the WIFI in all guests rooms and hotspot area. We do indeed hope that this facility would be back to normal very soon.

The issue regarding coffee has been relayed into our Food Beverage team accordingly. Corrective actions has been taken and i do sincerely hope that, even though, you will keep a good feeling about your stay with us.

Be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we stay focus to try to consistently improve our facilities and services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon and we are staying at your disposal for further assistance you may need.

Hanis Kusumo
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Myself, my wife and my daughter, stayed from 17-24 AUG.

Staff ALL friendly and attentive. Our room (a deluxe studio room) was spacious, clean, private and functional.
Room was always cleaned in the morning once we had vacated it.

Breakfast included daily, was always fresh and tasty. What it lacked in quantity of choice, it made up for in quality. We ate lunch at the restaurant some days, and it was always great.

Gym was small but user friendly.

Spa was still being fitted out, and there was a temporary set up in a hotel room. However, my daughter reported her massages were great.

We loved that the hotel was located on a quiet village road. We hired a motorbike, so getting around was easy and fun.

To the manager, a big thank you to your staff, who made our stay very pleasant indeed. You have a great team.

Would definitely recommend to others, and we will almost definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 309, which had a balcony with a day bed. No view, but totally private. My wife and mys...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Gringo68,

Thank you so much for giving us such a great feedback !!

We delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the service from our staff. I will share with the team and will keep motivating them. We are glad to find out that you enjoy the overall concept of our hotel as well as our facilities.

Guest reviews are always a true and welcome source of encouragement to carry on our efforts to improve day after day our services and facilities.

I thank you also for choosing Centra Taum Bali Hotel and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bali.

Warm regards,

Hanis Kusumo
Rooms Division Manager
Croydon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We (my husband, girlfriend & I) stayed 7 nights at Centra Taum, it was booked with our airfairs. Our studio was a disaster, raised floor bourds, very small sleeping rooms. Our room was so small could hardly get into bed with our cases in the room. The bathroom was off the bedroom, with no door (smells & noises etc) then when in bed & you turned on your side, there was see through glass, either side of the mirror & guess what you could see? Whoever was on the toilet, not a pretty sight. The other room had a separate bathroom, the room same size but with a king single in it. The beds were comfortable! The outside kitchen was nice, good size fridge but overlooked concrete walls, not an attractive outlook. There was only one electical outlet which was hard to charge everything, phones, cameras etc. Even to get to our room was a bit off a cut lunch & thermmy, up a long path, up & down steps, up in a lift, we were nearly there. My husband did battle to get internet the whole time we were there. Now, for the good parts, the staff were beautiful, helpful & cheerful, Echo, Nevvy were stars at Breakfast which was yummy, with a great variety. The pool & gardens were manaquered perfectly & looked beautful always.
The resturant at Centra & in Seminyak were very good. Would we stay again? No, maybe we should have asked for another room, our little bit of luxuary just wasn't there.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for the rooms over looking the pool, any room looking out not in
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Centra_Taum_Bali, General Manager at Centra Taum Seminyak Bali, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Shazzie 14

Thank you for making time to share your experiences regarding your recent stay with us and I am sorry that we did not respond to your feedback earlier.

Firstly let me say how sorry I was to see your review and find that you felt that your stay with us had ruined your holiday in Bali. I would like to start by saying how sorry I am that you found the room facilities to be below an acceptable standard and apologize for the dissatisfaction this would have caused. I am sure however that you will be pleased to know that currently, the property is going through a renovation that includes the bathrooms and the electrical issue. The issue with the electrical socket is unfortunately a little more complicated. Whilst we have mentioned in our Guest Directory that additional electric plug can be requested through reception. We always aim to provide our guest with the best possible levels of service and comfort and it is disheartening to see. I would like to be able to follow through with you directly and see if we can in some way resolve this matter so would appreciate if you could contact me directly. I have sent a private message via your trip advisor profile with my direct email address and would love the opportunity to deal with these issues.
In another side, we are glad to hear that you were happy with our service, friendly staff, pool and also restaurant. It is certainly one of our hotel strength that the hotel is strategically located.

Again please accept our apologies and I hope I get to discuss this with you in the near future

Made Rai Wirata
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We (hubby and I) stayed for 12 nights at Centra Taum. I'd previously read reviews about the newly opened hotel... and went with an open mind. We had requested a room near the gym and were pleased that we were only 27 steps away. I'd requested our travel agent to arrange a microwave and iron/ironing board to be in the room on arrival... and they were there. The room was large, bed SO COMFORTABLE, and the shower was unique! We overlooked the pool on the first floor and it was gorgeous. The utensils for cooking were still slightly lacking but I gave a wee list to the Manager, when we were invited for a cocktail evening on our 3rd night. The hotel staff were amazing, very attentive and helpful! I'm an early riser (even allowing for time difference) and watched the pool being cleaned each morning from the daybed on our terrace. Breakfast was included each day and it was more than sufficient for us both. The gym is small, but adequately met our needs; there was a cross-trainer, cycle and treadmill, as well as two stations for bench-pressing and weights, although they were quite light weights. We used it daily, sometimes twice. The hotel is located on a "village" road, and shared by other 5 star hotels. Taxis were plentiful and there is an ATM at the end of the road (7 mins walk), as well as a convenience store and various spas, shops and warungs where we ate. Centra Taum was beautifully presented, with the gardens being maintained on a daily basis. It's not on the beach, but there is a shuttle available x3 daily and we walked there a few times (20 mins. away) We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for Rm 306 or the one above it, if you are a "couple".
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Centra_Taum_Bali, General Manager at Centra Taum Seminyak Bali, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Karinording,

Greetings from haven land, BALI !!!

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that all of your holiday needs were anticipated.

It was nice to meet our guest including you at cocktail party held in our restaurant to ensure all our guests were happy for the service and rectified if any issue found right away.

Hopefully future travels will bring you back to the island and Centra Taum Bali Hotel.

Warm regards,

Made Rai Wirata
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is quite new as only opened in Jan. It is value for money as it is in the high end area of Seminyak and other places are far more expensive. We were there 10 nights and had a few minor issues with the room but the Centra team and Ian the GM resolved them. The hotel is still finding its feet a little and there are areas for development. Overall i would recommend this hotel. Go with an open mind and if there are any issues, ask for them to be resolved, The team are always willing to help.

Room Tip: room facing the pool is a must!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Centra_Taum_Bali, General Manager at Centra Taum Seminyak Bali, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Trixy 67,

Thank you so much for the review posted TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to read how people have enjoyed their stay with us and your comments have been passed onto the staff and management of the property. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Centra Taum Bali Hotel.

Made Rai
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Booked a deluxe room (with pool view) via agoda on a discounted price (around IDR 1,500,000 for 2 nights including breakfast) and it's really worth it!

the hotel is relatively new, so the taxi driver had to ask around a bit.
but after we marked it on our GPS, there are no issues.
the location is perfect, close enough to all the excitement in seminyak but located in a quiet sideroad so it's not too noisy and you can still see some paddy fields around the hotel.

check in was quick and painless, and the watermelon welcome drink is delicious!
they gave us the room with pool view as requested.
the only hitch was that they put room capacity = 3 person in agoda, so I assume the breakfast included was also for 3 person. I've even mentioned it in my booking, "room will be occupied by 3 adults.
but apparently the breakfast is only for 2 person.
no issues, we decided to have breakfast for 3 person on the first day, and have breakfast outside of the hotel for the 2nd day.
the hotel was very nice about it and agreed to the deal, so it's no disruption to my holiday mood.
anw, breakfast is the usual affair. various choices of western style hot & cold dishes, fruits, cereals, egg station. their bread & pastries are delicious.
but you can easily find places for breakfast around the area (my favorite is the grocer & grind, about 5 minutes away by car)

the room is large and spacious.
the three of us slept comfortably, 2 people on the kingsize bed, 1person on the daybed. They even put a large lounger that fit the three of us on the balcony.
so we did a fair share of sunbathing and stargazing there as well.
bathroom is very clean and spacious, everything works perfectly, water pressure OK and stable.
the room also includes an electric stove, but no cooking utensils so it's a bit weird.
I noticed some of the other reviewers complained of balconies facing concrete wall. This is probably because the layout of the hotel, that's why I suggest to ask for the poolview rooms.

the pool is unexpectedly large.
and I love how they only put minimum chlorine in it, so the water doesn't sting my eyes since I forgot to bring my swimgoggles.

Room Tip: opt for the rooms with pool view, on the 2nd or 3rd floor. that way you'll get excellent view a...
Dear MizzTravelista,

We delighted to find your review at TripAdvisor.com, it is a privilege to receive such positive feedback and we are so glad that you and your friend had most enjoyable time in our hotel.

For your information, we have just put cooking utensils into all rooms to complete the kitchenette facilities. Meanwhile, we are now have cooking utensils in all hotel rooms as standard set up.

For breakfast, I have checked into Agoda original voucher and there was only mention for 2 adult. Breakfast entitlement is refer into the total adult that was stated into guest booking voucher.

I am sharing your feedback with entire Centra Taum Bali Hotel team, and this feedback certainly will encourage all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Once again thank you for sharing your positive experience and we look forward to welcome you back on your next holiday in Bali.

Made Rai
Auckland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Poorly designed. No atmosphere. Beds are comfortable. Internet service is good. Air conditioning works well. The whole hotel seems unfinished and lacking in character. A shame.

• Stayed June 2012
Centra_Taum_Bali, Front Office Manager at Centra Taum Seminyak Bali, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for making time to write about your recent stay with us in Bali. I do however note that aspects regarding your room were not acceptable and you will be pleased I am sure to know that the property is currently being upgraded with all most the issues mentioned being addressed. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and be able to show you the changes made

Thanks once again for making to time to share your experience

Been to Centra Taum Seminyak Bali? Share your experiences!