“Oasis Tucked Away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amana Villas

Save Saved
You added Amana Villas to your Saves list
Amana Villas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Wirasaba No.5 | Off Jalan Kayu Aya, Seminyak, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
30% DISCOUNT
Ranked #38 of 102 Hotels in Seminyak
“Oasis Tucked Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Looked great online, but the villas are tiny compared to others we have stayed at, as well as the small pool and garden area. I guess they dont show the small villas online which make up at least half of the rooms. No TV in bedroom only in small living room area (which has a fan, not aircom). All in all a little claustraphobic for me.

Staff and all the little touches (they don't miss a trick - world class) are awesome and the range of quality services they provide is excellent.

There is a small in-house spa centre for massage etc. And the location is very central to the main drag... anyway they provide a free shuttle service. They have a free association and access the the Canggu Club which is amazing!

We have stayed at larger roomier villas for less money. But if space isn't that important, these villas are a winner!

• Stayed June 2013
Amana V, General Manager at Amana Villas, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Sierra1234,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

With regards to the rooms, our Pool Villas are our entry level villas, and hence the smallest, and cheapest. For much more space, next time maybe you can try our most popular Waterfall or Signature Villas which are much larger. We have no TVs pre-installed in the bedrooms, however, they can be installed upon request anytime. That is not a problem.

As for our services, we are thrilled to hear your comments of it being "world class". We try our best to offer our guests all the best that we can, so that you can fully relax and enjoy your stay.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon !

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I must give a good credit to Amana Villa considering what they did for us to make our trip a wonderful memory.

Needless to say the kind service, great food, and beautiful villa, something I really appreciated the most was travel planning we left them to figure out for us. I personally did not do a lot of research before I come here since I was so wrapped up by my daily routines. However, their suggestions are fair and reasonable for the quality (Not for cheapest options), and we were very satisfied by their travel support. It was perfect for our travel style.

I find it is sometimes tiring to study so hard to avoid all scams or troubles in touristy sites, so relying on our hotel to access great travel experts was a huge help I thought.

The space next door was under construction which they gave us some compensations, did not bother us much as well.

The private and welcoming atmosphere made our anniversary trip perfect. Thanks Amana Villa. We will definitely come back again!

Room Tip: We stayed in pool villa which is most affordable room. We were absolutely happy with the space, but...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Amana V, General Manager at Amana Villas, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear NS0129

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us.

Most of all, we are happy to hear that you appreciated our newly launched Guest Itinerary butler service where out butlers help you plan your stay in Bali. Where you want to go on tours, visit the beach, go for a fancy meal, or simply do nothing at all, our well trained butlers help you organize everything, so you can just sit back, relax and do nothing at all.

We wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We book the one bedroom villa for our anniversary. The villa have a very calming atmosphere with colours and furnishing to match the moods. We could not hear much disturbance. The layout of the villa is well thought out. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves lounging in the living room with the iPod playing in the background while ordering in room service.
Overall, very attentive service without being too over-the-top.
The staff is very attentive to your needs. You'll are being served by a team of butlers but they do communicate your needs to each other(check out time, dinner program etc). We are showered with attention :) personally, we are shy and do not like to talk too much however, I'm sure many would love to be pampered this way. That way, they can know your every need.

If we need to nit-pick, drainage could be be better in the sinks and toilets. The villa wasn't ready for our candle light dinner (at 7pm) when we came back early at 645pm. However, they were pleasant and professional about it and the room was ready by 715pm.

Tip: their in room dinning is absolutely brilliant especially the pasta is very well prepared. Definitely restaurant worthy and we can see the effort of the team to set a high standard for their food. Breakfast and dinner was only above average.

ThAnks Amana for making the anniversary a memorable one.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JunFeng,

Thank you for your recent stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our villa designs and services. We are blessed with a great team of staff, eager to help, and filled with the Balinese spirit of service.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon in Bali !
Georgetown, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have just stayed in the Waterfall Villa for our wedding anniversary last week and it was indeed an awesome place. It is nice of Arie, the Guest Experience Manager, to sent me an email on my reservations update and also in providing me a complimentary cake & villa upgrade. In fact, all the staff were very friendly and helpful.

We selected a candlelit dinner in our villa and it was really a wonderful experience. Thankfully, it did not rain until later that night. As for the delicious breakfast, it always arrived on time and nicely set up by the butler.

Location of the villa is very convenient as it is a walking distance to a lot of restaurants and shops.

The only two minor cons are :-

1) the only bathtub is outdoor.
2) The only toilet is in the lower level so it is inconvenient to go up & down the outdoor stairs, specially if it's raining.

Despite the minor cons, it is still a great place and we will definitely go back again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mei Li H,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Amana Villas.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our famous Candle Light Dinners with private chef and butler. It is a truly romantic experience especially when the candles are lit around the pool area.

The bathtubs in our Waterfall Villas are located outdoors. We understand that some guests prefer it indoors, however, most of our guests enjoy the fact that enjoying a bath outdoors, which is truly a unique experience among the bamboos in the garden.

Wishing you all the best and we look forward to seeing you again soon in Bali !
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

On balance, I thought this was a great place to stay. I would definitely consider staying here again, although I'm also keen to explore other similar and possibly better options.

We stayed in one of the waterfall villas during the last week in May. The staff were very friendly, attentive and keen to assist wherever possible, even possibly too much some times - although no complaints here.

The waterfall villa was amazing and looks just as it does in the pictures on the website. We also managed to get a good deal on Wotif.

Highlights included:
- Spacious villa and plenty of room to move around - the bedroom and bathroom was on the ground floor and the upper floor included a table for breakfast, basic kitchen facilities, a day bed with TV / DVD player, a sound dock for your ipod / iphone (although an iPod is supplied) and a balcony overlooking the pool.
- The villa is very private with high walls.
- An iPad is supplied for your use in the villa
- You place your breakfast order every day for the following day and choose what you would like from the menu + time and it is delivered to your villa each morning
- The car service to and from the airport costs an additional USD25, but was well worth it with air conditioning, bottled water and a video (on the screens in the back of the headrests) showing you some of the higlights of the villas and the local area. This took a lot of stress out of having to find a taxi
- Whilst we were staying at the villa, almost every time we were heading out, one of the cars was available to take us (at no additional charge)
- The Guest experience menu provided before you arrive allows you to tailor your stay. We added a bottle of champagne on arrival and whilst expensive was a great start to the stay. Although it also has some minor drawbacks - see below.

Lowlights included:
- The villa was showing a little wear and tear, e.g. doors sticking and tiles broken away from the pool floor and walls - very minor but it takes the edge off of the experience a little.
- We selected the candlelit dinner in the villa for one of the evenings in the garden with candles, flowers, etc. The idea is that a chef comes to your villa and cooks on the grill. It rained on the day and there was no option (without incurring 50% of the charges) to cancel. The dinner was served in the upper floor of the villa instead of outside and the food came from the kitchen instead of being cooked in front of you in the garden. It was nice but it really wasn't the experience we paid for. In addition, the food was cold and whilst we selected the option of being provided with a wine list on the guest experience menu, this was not available on the night. We were advised they only had one bottle of locally produced red wine available and wine needed to be ordered one day in advance. When I had asked for a wine list on the guest experience menu I filled out before arriving, I expected a wine list, but this wasn't the case. Whilst I am convinced the staff had the very best intentions and the guest experience menu is a great idea, the execution just isn't quite there yet. But overall, this didn't have too much of an impact on the overall experience. Thankfully, the last bottle of local red wasn't too bad.
- I put some laundry in early one morning, and it was indicated it would be returned the same day. It didn't find its way back to me until the next day. Again, no big issue, but if we had been heading out to dinner, I would have needed it.
- The electricity stopped working one morning. After raising this at reception, it was fixed within 20 mins or so. I gather this is not a regular ocurrence.
- The provision of a SIM card on arrival was a nice touch but was one of the older bigger cards which does not work with iPhones.

All in all, a few minor points and I wouldn't recommend the candlelit dinner based on our experience, but this is not to say it wouldn't be a good experience for others and probably would be better outside in the garden by the pool. I would recommend Amana Villas.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amana V, General Manager at Amana Villas, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Mr Southgate,

Thank you for your recent stay with us in May at our Waterfall Villas. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate your long and detailed feedback.

Buildings in climates like Bali experience wear and tear very fast, we have just completed a total re-renovation of all the villas, to get them back to tip top shape again. It is vital for us that the villas at kept to optimum standards.

As for wines, we now have an extensive stock of wines for guests to choose from. We have also just released an exciting cocktail menu designed by an international mixologist, all using fresh ingredients.

As for our complimentary sim cards upon check-in, we do provide a special "iphone cutter" which can cut the sim cards to the smaller size required for iphones. All you need to do is inform the butlers and this will be sorted within a few minutes.

Again, we would like to thank you for your stay with us, and wish the both of you all the best! We look forward to seeing you again soon in Bali !
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Just spent four nights at Amana Villas. Overall I can't find much to critique this place on. We stayed in Pool Villa, which was clean and private. The beds were very comfortable, the pool was plenty big enough to cool off and it was very clean. The breakfasts were outstanding, staff polite and attentive (though not too attentive). The AV have a couple of vehicles to transport you anywhere in Seminyak (with an hour or two notice). We went to Canngu Club a couple of time to use the gym (the only thing about AV is they don't have a gym but you can use the Canggu for free). Canggu is great - good gym, great pool, nice restaurants - not authentic Bali in that it is obviously for rich westerners but the gym is good. The only drawback for me, which is not necessarily AV fault, is that when the flights start arriving (about 5am ish) they seem to go right overhead and are VERY loud. I did sleep with the doors open and AC off so perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad had I had the doors closed and AC on. In any case, I did go back to sleep, but I'd be lying to say they didn't wake me up. All in all, I would recommend AV to others.

A couple of restaurant tips - favourite was Motel Mexicola (Mexican tapas) which has a great atmosphere and good value for money. Mosaic is worth a look. It is expensive and almost obscenely lavish given some of the poverty you see in Bali (I recommend it perhaps for a drink just to check it out). Potato Head - great architecture but for me it was too noisy and too much going on. Mamasan - great food (Asian fusion) and great bar (excellent cocktail list). Anomali for coffee. Ku De Ta for drinks and mid morning coffee or juice to watch the surfers.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Gustofers_travels,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Amana Villas. We are glad to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

With regards to noises in the morning from planes (?), we are not too sure if this is accurate or not. Seminyak is located to the north and 30 minutes away from the airport, and is definitely not within the flight paths of any flights ( which approach from ocean side on the west ). We hardly get any complaints with regards to noise as we are located off the busy streets of Seminyak, and have very high walls for maximum privacy.

We wish to thank you again for your stay, and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Perfect

For me and my wife, the Amana Villas is second to none. Excellent service, a wide range of mouth watering food, the utmost sense of privacy and of course, the beautifully designed and very well maintained villas.

What struck us the most is how the staff treats their guests. They are very courteous, helpful with a level of hospitality that makes you feel like you are at home. I knew we were up for a treat the moment we were picked up from the airport hotel, the driver gave us an ipad (the van had wifi by the way), an ipod (with a great collection of playlists), drinks, cold towels (which really helped in the hot and humid weather), stories/history of the places we passed by which made the drive to the villas an experience in itself. You will also be given a complimentary full body massage at the Spa to relax you upon arrival. Check in is a breeze and on the front desk they have a list of tours/activities so you can plan ahead.

The highlight of our visit was when our personal butler brought and welcomed us to our Villa. And seeing it for the first time, we cant help but bust out our cameras and start taking pictures of the place. Needless to say the villas is a work of art. We stayed in one of the pool villas. It is a medley of modern yet minimalistic design and is very classy.

Before the end of each day the staff will give you a breakfast menu with a wide selection of food and fresh organic beverages. We were able to try most of them and i have to say that they are delicious! Your butler will set your dining area and the food prepared so beautifully you almost dont wanna touch it.

Overall, an awesome and unforgettable experience. I cant recommend this place enough. Looking forward to our next visit!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DJ Cruz,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us, and happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our villa design, breakfasts, and other small little touches. We try our best to do what we can so that you can relax, do nothing, and enjoy your stay in Bali.

Once, again, on behalf of our entire team, we would like to thank you for your stay, and hope to see you again soon ! Terima Kasih!

Been to Amana Villas? Share your experiences!