“Bliss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amana Villas

Save Saved
You added Amana Villas to your Saves list
Amana Villas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Wirasaba No.5 | Off Jalan Kayu Aya, Seminyak, Seminyak, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
30% DISCOUNT
Ranked #6 of 81 hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a four night stay in a Waterfall Villa. The villa is located a short 100m walk off Oberoi Street, a perfect location to explore the many restaurants in the area.

A modern villa, with an upstairs living area overlooking the pool. The design of the living area enables the breeze to drift in and create a cozy atmosphere. The main bedroom is downstairs, with separate bathroom and outdoor bath.

Breakfast is served in the villa, with plenty of options and service is very good. The staff in the villas make an effort to ensure your stay is enjoyable.

Overall an enjoyable stay at the Amana Villas. I would return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Amana V, General Manager at Amana Villas, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear MrPeters,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon in Bali !

Wishing you and your family all the best ..

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have just returned from a trip to Bali where my wife and I stayed at Amana Villas. Right from the onset, i was very impressed with the quick responses and booking confirmation over emails.

When we flew into Denpasar Airport on Saturday, the driver (Yudna) was waiting for us. I was immediately impressed with his friendliness and helpfulness, and on the way to the villa (a half hour ride from the airport), he introduced us to Amana Villas as well as the various things and places we could do and visit during our stay. We were also provided with refreshing cold towels and cold bottles of mineral water, which was really welcome after the flight.

On arrival at the front desk, we were escorted to our villa for check in, which I felt was a really nice touch. No hanging around the front desk waiting for our turn after a flight. We were provided with a refreshing juice on arrival at the villa, and our assigned butler walked our suitcase to the room, and then introduced us to the room amenities, as well as the number to call. We were even provided with a complimentary SIM card (Telkomsel) with some prepaid credit (approx 1000 IDR).

The villa was done up in typical Balinese fashion, with an abundance of wood and natural materials. Amana Villas prides themselves on being an eco-friendly resort, with the bedlinen made from bamboo cotton. The rooms were remarkably clean and fresh, with a small 3m x 2m dipping pool just outside the bedroom. The Pool Villa comprises of 3 rooms

- the main/living room has a large, comfortable L-shaped couch and cooling is via a ceiling fan. A wall-mounted LCD TV set is connected to a DVD recorder, and a variety of DVD movies are available at the front desk as a complimentary service. Light ambient music is also provided via an iPod Nano connected to a JBL speaker system.

- the bedroom holds a king-sized bed in bamboo cotton bedlinen. Air-conditioned, this makes for a wonderful respite from the humidity prevalent in southeast asian countries like Indonesia. The bedroom overlooks the dipping pool. There are two wardrobes, one of which houses a small safe, the other has a compact hair dryer and 2 bathrobes, with extra hangers, and a laundry bag)

- the bathroom is as large as the other two rooms. You are greeted by a large bathtub (complimentary bath salts are provided), and an well-equipped sink area (complimentary shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion are provided, as is a dental kit and a shaving kit). There is also a rain shower (I love rain showers). Just outside the bathroom is a parasol with 2 sun chairs that overlook the dipping pool, a lovely touch when one just wants to chill out.

Nice touches include AC/wall power sockets that support most/all international plug types, so no need to fret or search for international power adapters.

Room service is remarkably prompt and the food was fairly priced (more so than the tourist traps around Seminyak Square). I had a plate of Nasi Goreng Ayam (Fried Rice with chicken satay, a chicken drumstick, and prawn crackers) for just USD5.50 (a steal considering what the restaurants outside were charging).

A complimentary breakfast is provided, consisting of a main course (I had banana pancakes on the first day, nasi goreng with shrimp on the second day), choice of hot cold Balinese coffee, cappucino, espresso, or a variety of tea, a cold juice (I had watermelon juice on both days), a small bowl of fresh cut fruit, and a cold glass of water. You simply place your order the day/night before, and the time you want to have breakfast, and it's delivered on time. I love how they call the villa before coming by, and they are always prompt. For USD8, you can get a pot of freshly brewed local specialty, Kopi Luwak, in a french press. It was so good that I had it on both days.

In case of inclement weather, there are two full-sized umbrellas in the living room.

On thing - the villas are located in the heart of Seminyak, and accesible via a narrow-one-lane road. It's quite a surprise really, going through the relative chaos of the town (aka tourist traps), through a one-lane road, and finding the front desk of the establishment welcoming you like an oasis. It's a slice of sanity, order and serenity in an otherwise chaotic environment.

There's a nice supermarket just 3 minutes from the front desk if you want to stock up on refreshments and snacks.

Room Tip: The Pool Villas are great value for money, with a more practical layout compared to the Waterfall vi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kenneth W,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon in Bali !

Terima Kasih !
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was the first hotel we stayed at on our recent holiday in Bali. It was a fantastic starting point. It's on a side street that runs into one of the main streets in Seminyak, but somehow you are sheltered from the hustle and bustle and once you are in your villa, it seems like you are miles away from everything. You have a ton of space not just in your room, but the grounds surrounding it as well. The bedroom and bathroom are on the bottom floor, while the living room/dining room are on the 2nd floor. The pool is also on the "second floor" as well. There's an outdoor tub which is pretty neat, nothing like taking a bath out in the open! The walls surrounding the villa and pool are very tall, so you have plenty of privacy. The waterfall that goes from the pool to a shallow pool in front of the bedroom is a nice touch. It only runs from about 7 am to 9 pm or something like that. The bed was incredibly comfortable.
So while the villa itself is fantastic, there's a lot of little things that just put it over the top. For one, the breakfast was really good. Try the rice congee (I forget what it's called, but it's delicious). They come and serve you in your villa at whatever time you want. Also, when you stay in a signature villa they loan you an iphone with a SIM card so that you can make calls and use google maps. Very useful, especially as we were wandering around Seminyak. That brings up another good point, the location. So while it isn't right on a beach, that wasn't as big an issue for us. It's a cheap cab ride (or a 15 minute walk) to the beach, and we enjoyed being in the city more. You could walk easily to several spas and restaurants. My wife enjoyed walking around looking in all the shops.
I think it's relatively new, so the cab drivers didn't know where the hotel was. We would have to tell them to go the Red Carpet bar or the Coco Mart. (By the way, sunscreen is really expensive there, we bought a little bottle for $16 at the CocoMart. Better to bring your own).
The concierge also has good advice on restaurants to try as do the butlers as well. We asked them all sorts of questions.
There's no on-site fitness center, but you get a day pass to the Canggu Club. We never went so can't tell you much about that.
All in all, it's a fantastic resort and we would highly recommend staying there. I made a video tour of the villa, but not sure how to upload it, let me know if you would like to see it and I can send it to you.

Room Tip: We stayed in a signature villa, it was room 208. Seems like it is on the very end so you only have...
Dear Albert C,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay with us at Amana. We are all glad to hear that you were able to experience the true Balinese hospitality that we always try to provide.

Looking forward to seeing you again one day ... cheers !
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I'm just going to post what I wrote to the manager at Amana Villas after leaving:

"Just a quick note about my stay at the hotel from 25/11 to 29/11. I was absolutely blown away by the level of service and hospitality. I frequently stay in 5 star hotels across the world (Plaza hotel - NYC, Peninsula hotel - NYC / Hong Kong, and was just married at the Four Seasons in Hangzhou). I found your hotels staff to far surpass any of these other locals. I can't wait to stay here again. Dewa and the rest of the staff helped plan out trip from scratch as we came from a destination wedding where we spent the previous weeks planning everyone's trip but ours. Each and every member of your staff were courteous and thoughtful and I feel like we met almost everyone while we were there.

We are currently in Lombok and will head to the Four Seasons in Ubud tomorrow, but we are already missing Amana Villas! Thanks so much for having us!"

Room Tip: Get the waterfall pool, definitely worth it!
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was recommended to Amana Villas by a dear friend, and as we have similar tastes in hotels I took his advice. Glad I did!
The villas are in a great location. Very close to Mama San, which quickly became my favourite chic restaurant/bar and Earth Garden, the healthy cafe and store which met the needs of my vegan, health mad daughter. Seminyak beach and Legian beach are a quick cab ride away and you would pay about 20,000 rupiah for this. Taxis are easy to get on the main street, just 50metres away and clean and air-conditioned. (On that, the bar Red Carpet is on the corner of the lane that runs to Amana Villas so just tell your cab driver to take you to Red Carpet.  Everyone knows this spot)
We had a waterfall pool villa and it was very sleek, modern and beautifully designed. Waking up to the view of the waterfall wall beyond our window was fantastic. Staying at Amana Villas makes you feel like a rockstar / supermodel / goddess. You choose :-)
Our delicious breakfasts were  delivered to the suite and set up by our butler Dewa, quite possibly the most gorgeous man in Bali. (Hot tip if you're a bit of a nerd germophile like me: save the wrapped straws that come with the breakfasts for use during the day. You might get a fresh coconut juice and appreciate a nice clean straw. We certainly did!) The butler service is something you can use to the level you require. I wasn't up for taking it to the max, but I have to say that even after we checked out, Dewa was happy to pick up some garments from the tailor for me while we were staying in Ubud. We picked them up from Amana Villas on the way to the airport for our departing flight.  It was nice to leave is in the hands of someone I could trust and not have to come back earlier to get to the tailor before closing time.  Dewa is GOLD. And gorgeous. And humble and sweet. Dewa means "God" in Balinese. Enough said!
But all the staff there are just wonderful. We were heartily welcomed and nothing was too much trouble. Smiles and smiles and smiles.
The spa was amazing.  I recommend the Balinese massage. Bliss.
This is a great place to come for a romantic break, and perhaps it was wasted on a mummy /daughter trip like we had although we loved it anyway. I would think though that in a sexy chic private villa like this romance would go into overdrive. :-)
I will definitely be coming back to Amana Villas next time I am im Seminyak.

Room Tip: There are no yoga mats at Amana so if you want to practice yoga in your rook bring your own mat.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at Amana Villas from November 5 through November 7. It is a class act from start to finish. Pick up at the airport was smoothly accomplished and set the tone for the rest of our stay. Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by several staff members and immediately shown to our villa (waterfall villa which is quite lovely). Check in was handled inside our villa and everything was expertly explained. The villas are accurately depicted on their website. Expect Zen like minimalist surroundings and you won't be disappointed.

As others have mentioned, the service and attitude of the staff is beyond compare. My husband and I have stayed at several five star resorts and the service at Amana is the best I have ever experienced by far. It is flawless. As an example, my husband mentioned he had lost his hearing aid batteries when we were leaving Amana to go to Ubud to stay at the Royal Pita Maha. I was amazed when they actually called us at the Royal Pita Maha to say that they had checked everywhere but had not found the batteries - above and beyond superior service if you ask me.

The spa services were excellent and very well priced if you compare them to United States prices. My husband's birthday was celebrated at Amana and they were nice enough to present him with a cake and give us free facials when we went for our scheduled massages.

Amana is located just off "eat street" and a short stroll from there gives you access to many fine restaurants. Be aware that you are not close to the beach (if that is what you came for). Amana does provide access and transportation to a beach club, but we did not take advantage of that so I can't comment on what that experience might be like.

I want to be clear that I have no complaints about Amana at all, but if you or a companion have problems with going up and down stairs, then the waterfall and signature villas may not be the best choice in terms of access. Amana does have pool villas that are on one level, but they are much smaller and the pool is not as large as in the waterfall and signature villas.

The food at Amana was very good. Breakfast is served in your villa every morning and the friendly and chatty butlers like to hear what you have planned for the day and give you any tips they can to help make your day the best it can be. We ordered room service several times and while the food choices were somewhat limited, all of the items were well priced and very tasty.

When you originally make your reservation with Amana they provide you with a questionnaire to fill out that allows you to express your preferences on things such as food preferences (spicy or mild?), type of music provided in your villa, and your privacy levels. My husband and I preferred not to have staff enter our villa without checking with us first and I must say that they honored that completely and always telephoned our room before delivering anything, entering to clean, etc. They are totally respectful of your wishes. Communication was never a problem - all of the staff speak English very well.

For those seeking a romantic escape, well the pools in the villas are skinny dipping private and the bedrooms, which look out onto the waterfall flow, provide the soothing sound of water splashing just outside your door. The water in the pool is a nice temperture also which I really appreciated as cold pool water is a personal pet peeve of mine when paying premium money to have your own private pool.

To sum it up, Amana is well worth your hard earned money and you will enjoy being pampered there - we surely did.

Room Tip: They are all good, but the Waterfall and Signature Villas are bigger. Expect to go up and down sta...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 7nights. We had the best honeymoon ever. The staff are so nice and the villaas are amazing. I do recommend it for memorable holidays. Thank you Amana villas team for your great services. I Love Bali........

Omar & Haneen

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Amana Villas? Share your experiences!