I have just returned from a trip to Bali where my wife and I stayed at Amana Villas. Right from the onset, i was very impressed with the quick responses and booking confirmation over emails.
When we flew into Denpasar Airport on Saturday, the driver (Yudna) was waiting for us. I was immediately impressed with his friendliness and helpfulness, and on the way to the villa (a half hour ride from the airport), he introduced us to Amana Villas as well as the various things and places we could do and visit during our stay. We were also provided with refreshing cold towels and cold bottles of mineral water, which was really welcome after the flight.
On arrival at the front desk, we were escorted to our villa for check in, which I felt was a really nice touch. No hanging around the front desk waiting for our turn after a flight. We were provided with a refreshing juice on arrival at the villa, and our assigned butler walked our suitcase to the room, and then introduced us to the room amenities, as well as the number to call. We were even provided with a complimentary SIM card (Telkomsel) with some prepaid credit (approx 1000 IDR).
The villa was done up in typical Balinese fashion, with an abundance of wood and natural materials. Amana Villas prides themselves on being an eco-friendly resort, with the bedlinen made from bamboo cotton. The rooms were remarkably clean and fresh, with a small 3m x 2m dipping pool just outside the bedroom. The Pool Villa comprises of 3 rooms
- the main/living room has a large, comfortable L-shaped couch and cooling is via a ceiling fan. A wall-mounted LCD TV set is connected to a DVD recorder, and a variety of DVD movies are available at the front desk as a complimentary service. Light ambient music is also provided via an iPod Nano connected to a JBL speaker system.
- the bedroom holds a king-sized bed in bamboo cotton bedlinen. Air-conditioned, this makes for a wonderful respite from the humidity prevalent in southeast asian countries like Indonesia. The bedroom overlooks the dipping pool. There are two wardrobes, one of which houses a small safe, the other has a compact hair dryer and 2 bathrobes, with extra hangers, and a laundry bag)
- the bathroom is as large as the other two rooms. You are greeted by a large bathtub (complimentary bath salts are provided), and an well-equipped sink area (complimentary shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion are provided, as is a dental kit and a shaving kit). There is also a rain shower (I love rain showers). Just outside the bathroom is a parasol with 2 sun chairs that overlook the dipping pool, a lovely touch when one just wants to chill out.
Nice touches include AC/wall power sockets that support most/all international plug types, so no need to fret or search for international power adapters.
Room service is remarkably prompt and the food was fairly priced (more so than the tourist traps around Seminyak Square). I had a plate of Nasi Goreng Ayam (Fried Rice with chicken satay, a chicken drumstick, and prawn crackers) for just USD5.50 (a steal considering what the restaurants outside were charging).
A complimentary breakfast is provided, consisting of a main course (I had banana pancakes on the first day, nasi goreng with shrimp on the second day), choice of hot cold Balinese coffee, cappucino, espresso, or a variety of tea, a cold juice (I had watermelon juice on both days), a small bowl of fresh cut fruit, and a cold glass of water. You simply place your order the day/night before, and the time you want to have breakfast, and it's delivered on time. I love how they call the villa before coming by, and they are always prompt. For USD8, you can get a pot of freshly brewed local specialty, Kopi Luwak, in a french press. It was so good that I had it on both days.
In case of inclement weather, there are two full-sized umbrellas in the living room.
On thing - the villas are located in the heart of Seminyak, and accesible via a narrow-one-lane road. It's quite a surprise really, going through the relative chaos of the town (aka tourist traps), through a one-lane road, and finding the front desk of the establishment welcoming you like an oasis. It's a slice of sanity, order and serenity in an otherwise chaotic environment.
There's a nice supermarket just 3 minutes from the front desk if you want to stock up on refreshments and snacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amana Villas Seminyak is derived from the Indonesian word "Aman", which means peace and tranquility.Renowned for its creativity & dedication to green issues, AMANA VILLAS is one of the world’s first hotels to showcase its unique “waterfall” design concept, custom iConcierge iPhone apps, 100% Bamboo Linen and a complete green design concept in its architectural design. It also offers a host of other exclusive services such as full butler services and complimentary access to Bali's premier member's only country club, Canggu Club.Amana Villas Seminyak is the product of passion. A passion for life, unparalleled services, technology, luxury, wellness and most importantly, the belief that we can all make a difference for a better tomorrow. We pride ourselves in making our guests smile, and offering them luxury beyond their expectations.It is not often in life that you get to be part of something special. We invite you to join us in our quest to redefine luxury.The following are some of AMANA VILLAS' most prominent features :> BEST VILLA LOCATION IN SEMINYAKAMANA VILLAS, situated at the most convenient location in the heart of Seminyak, the trendy centre of Bali. It is at the junction of the famous "Food Street" Jalan Kayu Aya ( also known as Jalan Oberoi or Jalan Laksmana ) and "Shop Street" Jalan Seminyak. AMANA VILLAS is within easy walking distance from all the popular Seminyak destinations such as Kudeta, Potato Head, Made's Warung, Metis, The Living Room and Seminyak Square.> CONTEMPORARY GREEN DESIGNDue to the enormous impact from tourism and construction of hotels and resorts all over Bali in the recent years, the environment is gradually being depleted; the blue ocean is polluted and the trees are cut down with no replanting program. Hence, at AMANA VILLAS, we have employed at least 12 different environmental strategies in the architectural design, aimed to help play our role in the preservation of the natural environment.> WATERFALL DESIGN CONCEPTOur Waterfall Villas & Signature Villas offers a one of a kind "waterfall concept" where the infinity pool overflows onto a pond in front of the bedroom below. Enjoy the tranquil sounds of trickling water while gazing into the stars above the waterfall. A true visual experience like none other.> 100% BAMBOO LINENAmana Villas is one of the few hotels in the world to offer its guests 100% pure bamboo linen. Bamboo is known for its environmental friendliness (it only requires 30% of water for irrigation compared to cotton ), anti-bacterial and anti-odour properties and it is biodegradable. Most importantly, it is very soft, and often compared to the likes of Egyptian cotton.> iCONCIERGE FOR iPHONEAMANA VILLAS is also one of the first to introduce iConcierge iPhone app exclusively customized for our guests. Apart from basic hotel information, it boasts a very detailed guide to Bali, where guests can easily perform searches for places to eat, play and relax. It even includes GPS tracking where guests can find their bearings on a map. There is also a one-touch call button to your personal butler.> PERSONAL BUTLER & IN-VILLA SERVICESAt Amana Villas, we believe in pampering our guests, “everything at your doorstep”; At your behest, your personal butler is able to arrange everything from candle light dinners prepared by private chef, , beauty treatments and even private instructor sessions of yoga/pilates right in your villa.> COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO CANGGU CLUBFor guests who crave a taste of the recreational sports, we offer an exclusive and complimentary access to Bali's premier country club, Canggu Club. It boasts a full selection of facilities including a 25m swimming pool, gym, tennis, squash courts and etc. It is another perfect way to spend a lazy afternoon on the exotic island of Bali.> AMAZING PACKAGESAmana Villas also offers amazing bespoke packages for all our guests. Amongst one of the favourites is our romantic sunset cruise, serving dinner and champagne on a private yacht. The perfect way to spend quality time with your loved one, or create the ideal ambience for any special occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, AsiaRooms, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Amana Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amana Villas Bali/Seminyak