“Great Mexican food - amazing flavours” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 292 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
Townsville, Australia
“Great Mexican food - amazing flavours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We ate at Taco Beach after reading heaps of good reviews on TripAdvisor and we weren't disappointed. We also were impressed by the fact that Bob responded to each review - he is obviously someone that puts a lot of love and care into his business. I can not understand the reviews that say the food was bland as my meal (the shredded beef burrito) was anything but bland and my boyfriend also enjoyed his meal (babi gulang burrito) and said it was flavoursome. The salsas that came with the shredded beach burrito complemented each other perfectly and nothing was too spicy. The only down fall of this place was the service! We were seated quickly but our drinks took a long time to come out even though we were the only people in the restaurant and there were 4-5 staff in the kitchen. The meals came out promptly but then when we asked for our bill it took 15-20 minutes to come (by this stage there were only two other tables filled so it wasn't like the staff were busy). Overall it was a great place to eat, amazing atmosphere and I couldn't fault the food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thanks for this great five star review. It's very much appreciated that you were so happy with the food and gave such specific detail. About the service sometimes: it's a puzzle and good one. It makes me want to pull out my hair. I have no doubt whatsoever that the drinks took too long to arrive and that the bill too long to come, as you say. But no doubt the drinks were made well, and the bill accurate, which is the ideal.

The honest explanations for it are that 1) I hired several persons of diminished mental capacity with little education, that most places simply won't hire but I hire them anyway to help improve their lives with a good paying job and I let karma and God handle the outcomes. You, the guest, probably cannot tell how impaired they are unless you speak Indonesian to them. And 2) You probably came on a night when too many were working together due to holiday scheduling, I suspect.

I choose these staff based on the quality of their character, their honesty, their integrity, their need, and yes, sometimes the service suffers as they might painfully struggle with the simplest of tasks. But I rest assured knowing they do their jobs thoroughly, with integrity, if sometime slowly sometimes, and that 99% of the time they get the drinks right, the bill right, etc. I would like more speed, but sometimes even, repeated training doesn't help. I could be more demanding, but prefer a happy, cheerful staff. That way you get happy, cheerful food. And the quality of our food is job one, along with your overall satisfaction. I hope you have better result next time and you probably will.

Thanks again for such a kind review and on behalf of all my staff, we wish you a five star day in every way. Best, Bob, Director of Taco Technology, Taco Beach Grill, Home of the Babi Guling Taco.

• Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Goodness in a plate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Yummy drinks and delicious food, servers are friendly and they know how to sell their products to you! I had a quesadilla and magarita, boy oh boy they are worth all the bites.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We're delighted you enjoyed our original house-made condiments so much. We make those 5 to 6 seasonal salsas, fresh every few hours throughout the day, using only the freshest ingredients, and organic when possible.

We are also proud to be able to say that we grind our own corn to make our own authentic Mexican corn tortillas, the traditional Aztec way. Glad you enjoyed your experience! Have a great day and thank you for giving us a go. Best, Bob, Director of Taco Technology, Department of Salsa Sciences!
Perth, Australia
“Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Service and price was great but we didn't like the food here sorry. I love mexican food and was really disappointed.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Sorry to hear you find our food average. We know when dealing with Australians who've actually never been to Mexico that our traditional and authentic cooking techniques may not please your palette and the subtle, authentic nuances of our preparations probably elude some.

I check 3X daily for quality control, and rarely if ever find anything just average, and my standards are quite high, though I occasionally find mistakes made. We appreciate all the five star ratings you gave in service, value and atmosphere. Thanks.

However, for future reference: please note you called us " average." Yet your two star rating means "poor " in the TA system. That really hurts our restaurant ratings in trip advisor and thus revenues, which affects staff livelihoods. Please be careful in rating establishments.

If you received a lump of coal from Santa this morning in your stocking, I swear I had nothing to do with it. Best, Bob, and Merry Christmas.
Perth, Australia
“MEXICAN AWESOMENESS ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We went last night based on reviews and Bob's responses. We thought this was a man we had to meet! We ate our body weight in fabulous fresh, tasty, authentic food. Bob suggested we try the Atomic Chilli Poppers. OMG, heaven on a stick. Absolute value for money and worth multiple visits. Great staff.

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to come dine with us, and for the fabulous five-star review. It was great meeting and chatting with you, and seeing you enjoy your meals as you did give us all genuine pleasure. We look forward to serving you again. Wishing you a five star day, in every way. Warm regards, Bob, Director of Taco Technology, Taco Beach Grill, Home of the Babi Guling Taco.
Singapore, Singapore
“Loved the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The food and service was great! Absolutely loved the condiments that came with our beef. It's a great place for a meal!

Visited June 2013