“Gutes mexikanisches restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 305 Restaurants in Seminyak
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
Goldau, Switzerland
“Gutes mexikanisches restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

+ good food
+ friendly, fast staff
+ no long waiting time for food
+ not expensive for seminyak (around 50k rp for main)

- very small restaurant (crowded because of good rating :-))
- compared to different places in bali expensive

• Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
“We're Sorry!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My partner and I are both avid fans of real mexican cuisine, and actively seek out the best Mexican restaurants wherever we go. Taco Beach came highly recommended from friends, and although my partner was down and out with the dreaded Bali Belly I ordered the nachos supreme for myself. We overheard an American gentleman having a confusing sounding conversation with a waitress and wondered what was going on- perhaps he was a bit odd? He then had a pizza delivered to his table from a nearby restaurant and we came to the conclusion that he must have been crazy. At one point, he leant over and told me that all 5 salsas were complimentary and unlimited. After a long day of being harassed by stall owners in Kuta we were tired of people talking to us and my partner snapped at him for bothering us.

The nachos supreme were absolutely amazing, hands down the best nachos I have ever had, and the five salsas served were ingenious and delicious- hot and spicy, creamy and cheesy, sweet and fruity, refreshing and full of cilantro, all completely delectable and complimentary to one another. I followed with the lime margarita cheesecake which was again mind-blowingly delicious, and then with the deep-fried apple pie, which was only dampened by the fact that I had eaten like such a pig so far.

As I was polishing off my second dessert, the strange American had returned and was talking to another table. I heard him mention “I make a vegetarian Chorizo”... turns out he was the owner of this amazing restaurant and we were both utterly mortified.* Aside from probably offending the poor owner who was only trying to tell us he offered unlimited dips, everything else was incredible. Great food, great service, great atmosphere, and I ate myself into a food coma for AU$12.

*If you are reading this, Mr Strange American Man, we are so sorry and we both absolutely love your restaurant and will be back for sure next time we are here!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I have to say I haven't laughed this much in a long time. You nailed it. No doubt I seem a bit odd, as I am recovering from four strokes I suffered in late June, so my speech is sometimes affected and generally I walk like a drunken sailor or a cast member of The Walking Dead. But I try to contribute when and where I can, and seeing that all your salsas were empty ( being seated next to you) was trying to inform that all our salsas are free in unlimited quantities. Apparently my communication skills need work.

Thanks for your delightful compliments, and lovely five star review. I've read it 4 times just for fun. On behalf of my staff, and myself, we wish you a five star day in every way. God bless.

-Bob, Strange American Man, and Director of Taco Technology, taco Beach Grill, Home of the Babi Guling Taco
Coffs Harbour
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to this place in July 2013 after reading the good reviews. We were very disappointed, the margaritas were horrible, the food bland and greasy and the service wasn't good either.
The table was so small that the food (which we wanted to share) couldn't fit on it, and we were elbow to elbow with the table next door.. They brought out only 1 entree then the main, then the second entree when it eventually came had the wrong sauce on it. The pork taco was so greasy there was oil running out of it and the chicken one was incredibly bland. I would certainly not go back, nor recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hobart, Australia
“Amazing tacos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had dinner here 2 nights ago after reading the ta reviews, and it was a winner. I had Babi guling taco and it was delicious. Definitely recommend a meal at this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh, tasty & gluten free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had the soft shell shredded beef and it was so good I ordered another one!
For everyone on a glutenfree diet, I didn't get sick :)