“Definitely recommend, a must try!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 305 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
Adelaide
“Definitely recommend, a must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here as we saw it recommended. At first sight I didn't want to go in as it didn't look as posh and well present as its neighbouring restaurants but saw it was packed out so gave it a go anyway. So glad we did as it was our fave meal out in bali. We ate and drank way too much as ordered seconds and at like kings for only $28 aus. The staff are attentive and friendly but not at all pushy like we have experienced here. Service was quick and food absolutely delicious. Cannot fault it, even as a cautious and picky eater. You've got to try it!

• Visited January 2013

• Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch , the chef and staff are excellent.
Value for food and drinks is by far the best in seminyak
Heading back for lunch today

Manchester
“Magnificent Mexican!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I ate here last night after reading reviews on Trip Advisor- it definitely lived up to the hype! For starters we had the blooming onion and salsa/corn chips and for mains we both had burritos- one Balinese pork style and shredded beef. All food was spectacular! For two starters, two mains, a beer and a coke it came to $20AUD! Service was very friendly, the owner (we believe) was attentive/friendly and the place was clean and cute. It is quite small, so head in early or make a booking. We will definitely be going back!

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thanks for your great review.

As the designer of our recipes, it gives me a big thrill when our valued guests use words like "magnificent." I am delighted that we met your expectations, as one of our goals is for guests to consider our food equal to, or better than, any Mexican food you've ever had, including that in Mexico, Southern California, or Texas. One of my chef's is 100% Mexican, from Houston, Texas, by the way. You can be sure our food is as authentic as it can be. I cut no corners or costs whatsoever in order to deliver you the best possible Mexican meal.

Thanks for the remarks about the blooming onion. It's a funny story because I never heard about it until I started doing research on what Australians like to eat. So I checked out Australian Outback Steakhouse' menu for ideas. In the USA it's famous for being the home of 'Australian food'...I had no idea Outback Steakhouse is unknown in Australia, and that few if any our Aussie guests ever saw or heard of a Blooming Onion! LOL. Glad you enjoyed it and the homemade fresh herb ranch dressing we created just for it.

Thanks again for your "magnificent" review. My staff, my wife and I wish you an equally magnificent holiday while you're here with us in Bali.

Happy tacos,
Bob
Director of Taco Technology. Taco Beach Grill - Home of the Exploding Chicken Burrito!
Legian, Indonesia
“Great food! Lovely service, very friendly owner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I never eat mexican before this one - or maybe did but nothing memorable - , i think i'm going to be a fan of mexican food from now on.. Thanks Bob!
I will try out different places, but I'm skeptical that any would be this good..
The atmosphere's lovely, small place but well managed..
Love it!!

• Visited January 2013
Perth, Australia
“Cheap and cheerful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very small restaurant, but food was so tasty and cheap. The meals are lovely and fresh, it is the first time I have enjoyed Mexican while dining out, it was not the normal sticky mess we see here in Australia.

Visited January 2013
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thanks for the great review! Cheerfulness is the single most important feature I look for when selecting front of house staff. Thanks for the recognition, and have a cheerful day!

Bob