“Blissful Massage” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 88 activities in Seminyak
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The concept behind Semara Spa is that of 'affordable luxury'. A place where one can relax and unwind completely, where the senses are engaged in a cocoon of nurturing surroundings and a place where one can completely immerse in pure goodness.The healing hands of our attentive treatment specialists work their magic on your body to provide infinite ways of rejuvenation and restoration, generating harmony within. Our highly trained therapists customize each treatment to ensure guests receive the most beneficial experience to meet individual needs.There are 10 treatments rooms with 1 couples room and we offer massages, body scrubs, manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials, hair cuts and much more. Semara Spa is also the first spa in Bali to exclusively stock Miranda Kerr’s KORA products and we offer luxurious facials with these high quality natural and certified organic ingredients.No matter how much time you have, just 30 minutes or all day, we have luxurious treatments for all areas to leave you feeling pampered from top to toe.
Rome, Italy
“Blissful Massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We recently went to Bali and had a massage at the Semara Spa. We were there for a wedding and we had some girlie time with a massage. The massage was very relaxing and the girls gave excellent service. Thoroughly enjoyed the massage but as I was starting to get the flu had a very sore throat. After the massage we were given an amazing ginger, lime and honey tea. I don't normally like herbal teas but OMG this was amazing. It soothed my throat an certainly made me feel a whole lot better. I came home an tried to make this but just could not get it right. So being a bit cheeky I emailed the Spa and they got back to me within 24 hrs with the recipe and how to make it. What better service could you ask for. Would recommend anyone go even if it just for the tea.

Visited May 2013
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Lusella,

Thank you very much for your comment. I am glad you enjoyed the ginger so much, we make it fresh every morning in the spa. We also have a Superfood green drink that we sell at the Spa reception. Full of goodness ! We very much look forward to seeing you again.

Semara spa management.

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Relaxing pregnancy massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and Semara Spa was the only venue I felt comfortable booking at that provides pregnancy massage. The 'Mother to be' massage was pure bliss. They provide a large pregnancy pillow which you can cuddle up to and be very comfortable during the massage and they use orange blossom oil which is safe during pregnancy.
The venue itself is incredible and the staff a lovely. I'm thinking about going to a facial as they use Kora (Miranda Kerr's organic products).

Dear Higgins_kate,

Thank you very much for your comment. All our Semara spa staff is very well qualified and our pregnancy massage is very popular with Mothers to be !
KORA Organics is a very good product that we use for facials and our guests can also buy the products at the spa reception.
Semara spa is the only spa in Bali to use KORA Organics.
Thank you and come back for more !

Perth, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Totally relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My 6yr old daughter and I visited Semara spa after seeing their Kids menu! We had to book in a few days before which I was fine with as it was school holidays so a little busy! We both had a Semara signature 60min massage and it was divine!! We were led into a couples room which was lovely and complete with our own bathroom. Daughts had her massage with chocolate and I had a choice of 3 oils, deciding on the lemongrass blend...lovely!! Not even halfway through the massage, I heard my daughter lightly snoring!! It was so funny!! She was so relaxed, she drifted off! I could have too but after having to wake her to turn over, I was awake for the rest of it! At the completion, we had the option of having a shower which supplied body wash, shampoo and conditioner, hair dryer. Music was nice and relaxing, staff very attentive and quality of massage was excellent. We were lead into the relax room where we had a warm ginger tea to finish off. I will definitely be going back, my daughter wants to go back too!!

Dear Mother and Daughter,

Thank you so much for your comment. I will share with the spa staff, they always enjoy reading the guests comments.
Semara spa is for kids and adults alike. We also have a “Playdate and Pampering package” where you can combine a spa treatment while your child is in the Kids Club.
Thank you.

Melbourne
“Pure Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was given a gift voucher to this place for the signature massage. WOW, it was done to perfection. I came out smelling like a magnolia, it was beautiful. You can choose your own oil from three fragrances. The price list is on the exy side and there are other spa's cheaper. However this was definitely a 5 star establishment when it comes to massages.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment.
Semara spa concept is that of “Affordable Luxury” where one can unwind and pamper at a very affordable price compared to other 5 stars spa.
We are delighted that you had a great experience. Come back for more, we have great June specials.
Thank you.

Perth, Australia
“Didn't hit the spot for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Staying at the resort, I booked in for a spa package and a manicure and pedicure. The spa is very clean and immaculate and the prices are fair. I was informed that I would have a male masseuse and I told them I would be fine with that. However, once starting the body scrub, I regretted it. He was very strong and my body scrub was rubbed in very hard, felt a bit like sandpaper to be honest! The masseuse was very professional at all times trying to preserve my modesty, and warning me of massaging areas such as my stomach. He kept a towel across my breasts at all times. Once treatment had commenced a lady from reception came in and told me that I would not be able to have a bath, as someone was already using it. I believe that I should have been informed this when I first made my booking. Surely the booking system would show conflicting appointments? I was offered a longer massage as an alternative. The massage was ok, but not as good as I expected. The shower offered afterwards didn't work properly, so I had to have a cold one. The treatment rooms are also freezing, I had to ask to get the aircon turned off. I must admit, I was also a bit disappointed with an Australian girl working there. Whilst having my manicure and pedicure I sat out the front of the spa. She didn't greet me or say hello, which I thought was a bit rude. She and some of the other girls sat at the front counter and were gossiping, not only about there lives, but about some clients. Just seemed a bit unprofessional of the reception team, whilst the other staff were professional whilst giving treatments. Sadly I don't think I'd come back to the spa again. The hotel, on the other hand is amazing. Hopefully the spa can follow soon

SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear riana_mcdonnell,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
In regards to the temperature of the room being too cold for you, it is hard to please everyone with something like this, majority of people prefer the cool rooms as a contrast to the outside heat of Bali, there is no problem in asking for the AC to be turned off, as you did.
The showers do work, but as we have so many guests coming in and also our staff using the hot water for treatments, during the day it takes a while to come through, all you need is a little patience….
Our male therapists are very good but If the pressure of your scrub was too hard, all you had to do was tell the therapist and he would have adjusted the pressure.

Our Australian hairdresser who was sitting at the front always acknowledges all guests and smiles to everyone. The reception staff is way too busy to have time for gossiping and we are sorry if that is what you felt that day.
My suggestion to you is next time you have a concern, please speak up so it can be addressed immediately.

Kind regards and looking forward to the next time we meet in the future.

The spa management