“Mixed reviews...” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 116 Activities in Seminyak
More attraction details
Owner description: The concept behind Semara Spa is that of 'affordable luxury'. A place where one can relax and unwind completely, where the senses are engaged in a cocoon of nurturing surroundings and a place where one can completely immerse in pure goodness.The healing hands of our attentive treatment specialists work their magic on your body to provide infinite ways of rejuvenation and restoration, generating harmony within. Our highly trained therapists customize each treatment to ensure guests receive the most beneficial experience to meet individual needs.There are 10 treatments rooms with 1 couples room and we offer massages, body scrubs, manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials, hair cuts and much more. Semara Spa is also the first spa in Bali to exclusively stock Miranda Kerr’s KORA products and we offer luxurious facials with these high quality natural and certified organic ingredients.No matter how much time you have, just 30 minutes or all day, we have luxurious treatments for all areas to leave you feeling pampered from top to toe.
Perth, Australia
“Mixed reviews...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

During our recent stay at Semara, my husband and I both tried out the spa facilities & treatments offered.

The rooms are gorgeous and clean. The majority of staff are very friendly & the prices are quite reasonable for an onsite spa.

I thoroughly enjoyed my foot massage and my husband his reflexology.

When we booked in, we were also encouraged to experience their new Debussy facial treatment which they were offering a complimentary 20min per person trial on.

As there is only one room with this machine, the bookings are made back to back & herein lies the problem. My treatment was running about 15 minutes behind schedule. The very nice DeBussy representative on site came and explained this to me and we had a nice chat to while away the time.

However when my husband was to have his treatment, no one told him what was happening and he was left waiting, not knowing if he had been forgotten or overlooked. After 20mins, he told the staff he would not be taking the treatment. They didn't even ask why and he left without after further conversation.

It is ashame because once my treatment began, it was superb. So very relaxing. The person giving the treatment explained everything at the beginning of the consult so that the remainder of the treatment was peaceful & very relaxing, just the way a facial should be.

So really a wonderful treatment let down by poor time management and bad communication.
Hopefully this improves over time.

Visited November 2012
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear PerthSchatzi,

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed the spa treatments.
Regarding your Debussy Facial Rejuvenation free trial, we do apologize for the miscommunication at the reception.

For your information, the Debussy team had just started a day before at Semara spa and was still in the process of training and organizing everything.
They are perfectly organized now and look forward to seeing you again when you come back to Bali for another 30 min free trial. This is an ongoing offer.

Berkeley, California
4 attraction reviews
“Great treatments at a great price point”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were looking for a spa package that included more than just the basic balinese massage and reflexology you can find anywhere in Seminuiyak. We didn't want a $5 massage on a dirty mattress and we also did not want to pay American level prices at the W or its competitors. We chose a 3.5 hour package at Semara which came to $132 (with tax and tip) and were not disappointed.

The treatments were great. They had interesting choices of scrubs and wraps, the massage was high-quality and the facial was also good. The spa is plush, clean and beautifully designed. It was a great several hours.

A few minor criticisms: The music they played with English lyrics was terrible. If they are not familiar with decent English music they should stick with what they know. Balinese music would be fine. Also, they seemed a little disorganized and did not take us for a half hour after we arrived, and kept suggesting that my friend and I use the couples' room. Our packages each included a floral bath but they explained after we arrived that they only had one tub available. But they did a scalp massage instead which was even better.

Visited November 2012
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Zigneous, thank you so much for your great review about Semara spa. We value our guests’ opinion and I am really glad you have enjoyed your experience at Semara Spa. About the music, a lot of guests do not appreciate Balinese music and we try to change the music as often as possible to accommodate different people’s musical tastes. Semara spa is a very busy spa therefore it does happen sometimes that you need to wait at reception and we try our very best to keep the waiting time to a minimum.
Thank you for your constructive comments
East Victoria Park, Australia
“FIve star rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Whether you are staying at semara resort or not do yourself a favour and book into semara spa, they have an amazing range of treatments at reasonable prices with professional staff; and it's all about experience/environment and attention to detail which they have mastered.

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“OK, wouldnt go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had heard really good feedback about this spa, but I was left a little disappointed.... I had a massage, and generally wasnt that great. I wouldn't go back.

Brisbane, Australia
“Special and Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I visited this spa twice with the intention of a third time, but left my booking too late. My husband and I received an awesome 1 hr massage in a coupled room while our children were well entertained in the 'cubby house' kids club. I also received a manicure and pedicure before getting on a midnight flight home and that was amazing. I was the last client of the night, and they treated me like a princess. After both treatments they offered us a complimentary tea/refreshment and it was delicious. I ended up asking for the recipe! I would definately visit this spa again if in Bali.