“Great Value But Indeed Noisy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of favehotel Seminyak

You added favehotel Seminyak to your Saves list
favehotel Seminyak
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Abimanyu (Dhyana Pura) No. 9A | Seminyak, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #84 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Nakano-ku, Tokyo, Japan
“Great Value But Indeed Noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for 6 days. The price alone made it worth it. The staff are very helpful and friendly and while the hotel is basic in its services it's very good value with a lot of funky charm and character.

A lot of the complaints from other reviewers about the hotel being too noisy however are correct. For night time this can be remedied either by staying out until 2AM when the bars shut down or by plugging your ears up to block out the noise. I used a handy iPhone app that played the sounds of rain and that did the trick every night I didn't go out. You could also ask for a room that was facing the other direction or on the other end of the hotel. I was literally right behind a bar with live music. It didn't bother me so much but if I'd not read about it first I would have been appalled. I never tried to change rooms but I imagine they'd be pretty accommodating.

Sometimes, the mornings were worse for noise though due to people calling down the hall, crying children or whatever. I don't understand why they thought this was acceptable behaviour at 7:30 AM. Once I even heard it at 5 AM. It will all depend on your neighbours. Everything is tiled and so the sound echoes throughout. I wanted to ask the perpetrators to quiet down but I didn't bother. Luckily it didn't last long.

I didn't have the chance to use the hotel's facilities too much besides the daily breakfast. That is usually very Indonesian other than the daily staples of toast and eggs, scrambled or omelette. To be honest I only ever saw omelettes but they were good and I enjoyed the Indonesian offerings too. You can have as much as you like or order a la carte. But it's a great value considering it's for two people. I didn't have a chance to try the cheap (for a hotel) room service, massage or even the hotel bar/restaurant "Lime". I imagine it's worth a look though.

I had a couple of problems with my keycard not working but a trip down to reception seemed to fix it usually. The cleaning staff are thorough. The state of the hotel is decent but the walls appeared a bit worn in my room. If they aren't cleaned or painted soon the place will look run down within less than a year or so.

The bed was very comfortable and I didn't find it hard at all but I may just be used to sleeping on hard beds. It's way more comfortable than what I have at home. The bathroom was nice if not basic. They give you two bottles of water which I actually used for brushing my teeth.

The hotel is a good 10 minute walk from the beach. Shopping is just on the street and there's a decent collection of restaurants nearby. The location is good and if you're gay and want to party as its very close to the strip of bars. Even if you're not gay and enjoy a drag show you'll have a lot of fun there. I personally found it to be a bit too close to the bars for my liking but it was nice to have the option. Strangely enough the music I always heard at night seemed to come from the live entertainment joints.

For nearby restaurants I had a very nice Nasi Campur, a mixed plate of Indonesian goodies, at JP Warung Club that I quite enjoyed. I ate there my last night as I'd ran out of cash and was using my credit card. Warung Ocha, which is a bit further up, I found to be convenient but a bit on the bland side. Despite that I ate there 3 times. The Nasi Goreng was very disappointing though. They do have lots of vegetarian options though so if you want that it'll have you covered. Happy Falafel is also pretty good but a bit pricy for what it is in comparison with other offerings. Warung Popa Dusa (or something - unfortunately I can't remember the name but it's just before you hit the gay bars) was a great find, cheap and tasty. I recommend trying different places and keeping with ones you like.

All in all, I recommend the hotel if you get it at promotion prices. I should have been a bit more demanding with the location of my room but if you're planning on partying and staying out every night it won't matter so much. I didn't party that much but it was ok for me. Just beware of noisy neighbours in the morning. If you can get it cheap and get a room facing away from the street Favehotel Seminyak is pretty good and even if you don't and you don't care about noise you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Rooms with higher numbers tend to be away from the music but beware if they are facing the main stre...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here for our first three nights in Bali. The hotel is perfectly located at the south end of Seminyak, and just north of Legian and Kuta so you'll never get bored and it's incredibly easy to get anywhere.

The hotel itself is an AMAZING price for the value. The rooms are very clean, very cosy, and the standard is what I'd consider four star quality - very good considering the unbelievably low price.

There isn't much choice of food from the hotel restaurant but it really does not matter as you have tonnes of restaurants and bars to choose from on your own road. That said, we did not hear any noise from our room - some of the best nights sleep we've ever had. Bed was a good size too (and my partner is 6ft3 so hard to please!)

Minutes away from the beach, so all in all a perfect place to stay. Will deffo come back here when back in Bali. Accommodation this good at this price is hard to find.

Room Tip: Rooms near the back side of the hotel will be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KomangArtana, General Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear RubyKnowsBest,
Wow! Thank you for your great compliment and look forward to your next visit.
Best regards,
Komang Artana
Slovenia : Ljubljana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

During our holidays we wanted to stay in Seminyak aswell. We found it as a good bargain and it met our expectations for this type of hotel based on our previous experiences of this chain.
It is centrally located in Seminyak.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Eersel, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed 10 days, first time, I dissapointed coz must waited 15 min, they still busy to prepare our room, I really tired and hope can sleep soon but can't. They give me and my boyf welcome drink (orange juice) then bring us to bedroom,but forgot to bring our suitcase, I called receptionist about that, we must waited (again) another 10 min to get our bags.
Small bedroom and modern design,pink and white color,I like it :D and bathroom have a window to bedroom,so better you close it if want to do you're activities in bathroom then you're room mate can't see you :p
2 days everything look normal breakfast start 7am-10.30 am. I love Fave's buffet breakfast, Jakarta or Bali all good for me. One day..some tourists back to hotel and drunk, knock door (2 doors beside my door) very hard and scream to them friends to open door at 2 am. It's very annoyed, I hope people realize,they not sleep alone in a hotel! I called to receptionist about it and next day everything back normal. I don't know thats drunk tourists move out or whatever, I don't care,at least I can sleep well :)
Housekeeping will knock you're door in the morning, if you don't want they disturb you, hang "please don't disturb" sign in front of you're door in the night, when you wake up or want to go out, hang "please make over room" and call receptionist or house keeping to clean you're room.
Swimmpool not big,and not many place to sit around swimmpool,you must come earlier than another guests. Overall I can say, I'm enough satisfied to stay here, friendly staffs,delicious breakfast,clean room, cheap price near with many things I need,beach,shops,restos,and clubs. If tourists become annoying,I think thats not hotel mistake, but Fave tried to make me satisty,I really appreciated about that. Thanks Fave!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Aston I, Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thanks for your response! Please note that the budget hotel concept is one which doesn’t include a bellboy to carry luggage to
rooms. However, if we have staff available we would be happy to help! Sorry for the wait.

Great feedback about the other guests…we are going to implement a kind of “sleep concierge” to monitor the hallways and
ensure guests have a better night sleep.
Haegendorf, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed in the favehotel just recently for 2 nights. The online rates are very good and the hotel is just in walking distance to almost everything in Seminyak (e.g. 10min. to the beach, local restaurants just near the hotel). The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was pretty good as well. The rooms are clean and big. You can hear the music from the bars until 2am - but this is the only negative thing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I choose this hotel because the rate is savvy and the location not far from the beach. I brought my family to stay here. Check in process take very long time due to peak season. Staff is friendly and helpful. You can find mini market and local restaurant near hotel. And the beach is about 5 minutes walking distance. The room is clean, and because it's savvy hotel, the corridor's floor not use carpet. So very noisy, even in the room. At night, another guest cried out and knocked their door very loud made very disturbed sound. Breakfast menu is quite variety for hotel type like this. Swimming pool also nice. Overall is a very good hotel and the rate is great value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Northam Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I ve stayed a Fav Hotel twice in the past few months and I've had pleasant to time there, the staff were very friendly and even remembered my name.

On this visit I celebrated my birthday and came back to my room after being out clubbing to find a small birthday cake waiting for me.

I only have 3 negative comments,
when I asked the person cleaning my room if I could have extra pillow I was told NO.
There is no bar fridge in the room to keep drinks cold
And the breakfast in the food warmers were always barley warm and I was usually one of the first to be seated for breakfast.

Stayed September 2012
KomangArtana, General Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Spartacvs2012,
It is a very pleasure to receive your feedback shared at TripAdvisor. My housekeeping team has been advised to handle well such request. The kitchen team has been shared on your experience about the breakfast. This is very good for us. Fridge is only set up at our Suite rooms. You can request this room type upon making your reservation via our website.

I hope this experience does not deter you to stay with us in future and thank you for your constructive feedback.

With my best regards,
Komang Artana

Been to favehotel Seminyak? Share your experiences!