“Good budget hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of favehotel Seminyak

Save Saved
You added favehotel Seminyak to your Saves list
favehotel Seminyak
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Abimanyu (Dhyana Pura) No. 9A | Seminyak, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #77 of 102 Hotels in Seminyak
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Good budget hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Despite what others are saying, I found that I quite enjoyed my stay.
They didn't have smoking rooms available, so I scored a free upgrade to a superior room with a balcony (#277). The aircon was excellent, the room was very clean and quiet. The bottled water in the room, however, was horrible. Thankfully there is a Circle K directly across the road.
Only once did I hear the band playing in the bar directly underneath me, but I closed my balcony door and that blocked most of the noise out.
The balcony, however, was very dusty and I had to sweep it every day. Terrible shame the hose on the bidet was rather short, or I would have hosed it off myself.

The hotel is a short walk from the beach and probably a 30 min walk to Kuta market area.
There is also an internet cafe down the road, towards the beach, which is extremely cheap, as well as multiple restaurants and a wonderful massage parlour down the road.

All in all, I quite enjoyed my time there and I look forward to going back as soon as I can.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Relaxing in the evening warmth outside is amazing.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Toowoomba
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

the rooms small, no frig ,no wardrobe, no drawers, staff very poorly trained they tried but not trained well (sad) this hotel is for the overnight asian travelers only westerns beware, please beware I got this hotel at the cheap special rate emagine how I would react at peak prices.

Room Tip: the pool is in the dining room very little area to relax
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
KomangArtana, General Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Max J,
We are so glad to receive your constructive feedback shared at TripAdvisor. And I apologize that this time, our services and facilities did not meet up to your expetaction. I believe that your willingness to share your inconvenience experience is for us to make improvement on highlighted points.

Our hotel is designed for the budget traveler, looking for a great price in a great location. We have larger room with balcony or our suite rooms ensuite a bathtub, living room and mini fridge, which you could request upon making your reservation or at the time of check in for the availability.

Please allow me to take your comments related to our staffs as this is a way for us to make improvement to ensure fine tuning is made in the future. I really appreciate your constructive feedback.

Such feedback does encourages us to always look into details for attention and I hope this experience will not deter you to return stay with us. Our next experience at favehotel Seminyak always awaits you for your next stay when you visit Bali.

Best regards,
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

As others have said, this hotel can be kind of noisy at times (like say at 2am when trying to sleep) as it is situated next to 5 or 6 bars. It also doesn't help that the walls are quite thin and don't really muffle the sound too much. Other than that complaint, Fave is good option if you get it on a discount. They quoted about $50 CDN at the front desk but we got it for about $35 or so which makes this place a good deal at that price. The rooms are little small but they're clean and and comfortable. The beach s a 10 minute walk down the street and there is a grocery store nearby to get whatever you need. The rooms also have a large safe big enough for our laptop, passports, and DSLR.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I'm not sure how this place is rated 6th, it is horrible. Noisy is an understatement. It is literally like trying to sleep in a bar. It's SO noisy and our alleged non-smoking room (362 I believe) smelled to badly of smoke our belongings reeked. We checked out two days early and no attempt to compensate us for our terrible night was made; rather, we were forced to pay for an additional night that we had canceled. There are so many better places to stay in this city. Avoid this place unless you're looking to make your trip awful.

• Stayed July 2012
KomangArtana, General Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear cooper_thetis,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting, sharing your stay experience which is valuable for our improvement. Please accept our sincerest apology for the unpleasant experience.

Considering the location in Seminyak, just a short stroll to the most popular bars and clubs, you can't always avoid the loud music. However guests who book directly on our favehotel website get first priority to request our Tower A for a quieter room as they have the option to mention it at the time of booking instead of at check in.

I really appreciate your positive feedback about the cigarette smell in your room which a day after your departure, my Executive Housekeeper with his team blocked the room and did proper treatment for the room you were in, to ensure the smell was handled properly. Following to some guests' feedback about cigarette smell too around the hotel and on the room corridor, we have decided to forbid any guests for not smoking along the guests's corridor and around the guests' lift landing. Whereas, we have provided specific area in the hotel for guests who smoke, such as at the open area of our Lime restaurant and bar. In addition to improve awareness, signage of non-smoking in these areas are being added to improve guests' cooperation. Enforcement for a fine to guests who at purpose smoke in the non-smoking rooms is being made upon signing the registration card at check in, with total amount of fine at RP 2 million. This fine is intended to get guests' cooperation and respect for other non-smoking guests who appreciate no smell inside their room. While, the hotel has provided a smoking rooms on our 6th floor on our Tower A and Tower C, and on the 3rd floor of our Superior rooms.

I hope that this experience will not deter you to return stay with us and most important it has not permanently tarnished your opinion of us. I and my teams are looking forward to be at your service when you revisit Bali, with our warm and heartfelt service awaits you at favehotel Seminyak.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

.... u get a special promotion prize from their website booking
.... u love party , shopping, party again, bintang...bintang...bintang again :)
.... u use the room for sleep after 3am or make ur self very very tired so u can sleep very well :)
.... u have a very good muscle tanned body for a guy so u can show off in the pool area beside the breakfast area hehehehe....
well... i enjoyed my 3 night stay there because i know what i like....
- seminyak beach for 10 minutes, enjoy the sunset with very comfort sunbed and bintang offcourse :)
- shopping (get cheap balis souvenir at the market , turn left from hotel and u c the market accross the road about 5 minutes), if u like to buy bintang singlet go to bintang shop, fixed price and cheap, (turn right from hotel till the main road turn right and u c bintang shop on the right side)
- gay bar just turn left from hotel ... BALI JOE is good with male stripper and dragqueen... BIRDCAGE is boring and expensive... MIXWELL is great crowded.... BOTTOMS UP is hmmm.... not sure....very quiet but they have shower show so interesting...
- I recommend to have dinner at LUCKY DAY restaurant especially on sunday night.... good guitar solo singer, very romantic, and very very good nasi rames..... and very very good service as well with medium prize ... enjoyed so much......
just turn left about 5 minutes u c LUCKY DAY JUST ACCROSS THe road...

spend ur night on the beach with beanbag on the beach plus cocktail or bintang.... if u lucky u will c millions star and enjoy with ur love one or friends or mate .... amazing feeling .... after u reach the beach turn left and u c from distance already all the bars on the beach with their comfortable beanbags.....

don't leave bali before do RAFTING AT TELAGA WAJA ...... 5star thing to do in bali....... 16km away wooof woooffff........ beautifull .........

hope this help u guys to explore seminyak area........ o if u have more $$$$ POTATO HEADS and KUDETA worth to visit......

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I am not exaggerating but please do stay away from this hotel as it has the WORST service ever. Stayed in 6 hotels during my 2 weeks holidays in Bali and this hotel made my experience in Bali very unpleasant.

Booked online through their booking button official website for 3 days stay. Arrived there at about 5pm (late check in) and were given room in their 5th floor next to a very dusty construction site. Requested to be moved into a different room as it is not healthy to even breathe there. They told us that there are no more rooms available and therefore the only solution is for us to pay an extra Rp 200,000 per night to be upgraded into their superior rooms that are still available. In the end we decided to move to the superior room instead as we left with no choice.

Got to their so-called superior room with balcony. It is VERY NOISY and the Aircon is terribly hot. It feels like we were staying on the road instead of in the room.The balcony is facing a very busy street opposite to circle K and all the clubs. We are not able to sleep until it is around 4-5am.

Prior before requesting this, the girl at the reception was being very rude too. They asked to pay during check in but failed to provide us with a receipt/tax invoice. When I asked about it, the girl rudely said that we have to get it later during check out. So, what's the point of paying in advance if they can't even provide the proof of payment?!

Their Front Manager (Bapak Yus) has a very bad customer service attitude. When we approached him the next morning, instead of comforting us and try to listen to us, he yelled and said if we want to check out please do. He is very degrading and do not have customer service what so ever. Beware if you are Indonesian and not a tourist! He is very discriminating towards local people. It makes me sick how bad his attitude are and made me so mad. I demanded a full refund for the payment we made earlier during checked in. Fave hotel SHOULD NOT EVEN HIRE a Front Manager with such bad attitude!! Called my name wrongly and got our room number wrongly. Said we booked through Agoda - not we didn't! We booked through their official booking buttons from the official website! Finally after such a heated argument, he called his General Manager (Bapak Komang Artana) and he was being decently good. He decided to refund us as requested but still managed to get our names and room number wrongly. Have to wait another 20mins for them to refund us with our correct name and room number. How 'professional'.

Honestly, I despise this hotel and would NEVER EVER stay at any of Fave hotel again. One of the worst hotel experience in my life and I certainly do not recommend this hotel. There are thousands of better hotel around Seminyak area in Bali with similar prices (check out Grandmas Hotel). DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT YOUR STAY IN BALI BECOMES A NIGHTMARE.

To Fave Hotel, please do choose a new Front Office Manager. He does not even quality to be a butler. And please do invest on some kind of noise proof doors for the sake of your 'superior' rooms.

Room Tip: Please try to check in as early as possible - this could help you to get a better standard room. Ple...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
KomangArtana, General Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Jkt Q,

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apology for the unpleasant experience you encountered whilst staying with us. I was most concern to read about your comment in regards to the room assigned to you on your arrival to your movement experience to our superior room which did not meet to your expectation. Now the whole project of the meeting room which is close to where you stayed in has been completed. Allow me to take your comments with all the points you highlighted and I have addressed to my team to ensure fine tuning is made for the future when a situation like this may arise.

I appreciate your feedback on our AC at our Superior room which I directly got our Chief Engineer to check and fix after your departure.

Considering the location in Seminyak, whereas our hotel is uniquely located facing the Dhyana Pura main street and just a short stroll to the most popular bars and clubs, you can't really avoid the loud music and the noise. However it can be reduced by requesting the tower in the back, Tower A. We felt short in this situation that we should ask you in the beginning if you were looking for a quieter room which we should allocate you to the rooms at the back area in Tower A. Moving forward, our guests who book directly on our favehotel website get first priority in that tower as they have the option to mention it at the time of booking instead of at check in.

Your highlight points about one of our receptionists and pak Yus, our previous Front Office Manager, have been dealt accordingly and we have taken necessary action to avoid such situation arises in the future. As pak Yus has left the company, we have our new Front Office Manager, pak Eka who is now responsible for the Front Office operation and ensuring that the service standard and quality is well taken care of.

Please accept my sincerest apology to address your name wrongly, which was considered not polite, but I could assure you that this was not my attention to do it. Prior to meeting with you at the lobby lounge, after being informed by pak Yus that a guest would like to meet up with the General Manager, I went up straight to the lobby and asked pak Yus to provide me the details of the guest profile and the details of what had happened. Unfortunately, I was given the other guest profile by my receptionist which made me back to the receptionist to find out the correct profile and caused slight delay to resolve the situation.

I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Bali and I will personally ensure that your next experience with us is a flawless one.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Thin walls and noisy corridors.
No extra pillows?!?
Room 362 stinks of stale cigarette smoke, windows cannot be opened.

Excellent location though.

Thin walls and noisy corridors.
No extra pillows?!?
Room 362 stinks of stale cigarette smoke, windows cannot be opened.

Excellent location though.

• Stayed August 2012
KomangArtana, General Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear EileenaLee,

Thank you for your feedback and shared this at TripAdvisor. We always value feedback which I believe that your effort taken here is meant for us to make positive improvements towards your highlighted points.

I am glad that you enjoyed Seminyak area!

For your future stay, these items can be requested at no cost to our housekeeping; such as extra pillow, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, baby cot and adapter, subject to availability. Just dial 2 from your room telephone to get this service.

I sincerely apologize for the disappointment you experienced about the cigarette smell in your room which I have addressed directly to our Housekeeping team to action. To ensure comfort for non-smoker guests and still for other guests who smoke, we have allocated smoking and non-smoking floor that can be requested upon making reservation or at check in. To make this works, our reception will advise guests for not smoking in our non-smoking room and a penalty will be impossed. To avoid such penalty, we suggest our guests to put special request upon making reservation whether to request smoking or non-smoking room.

I hope that this experience has not permanently tarnished your opinion of us. I and my teams are looking forward to be at your service when you revisit Bali, with our warm and heartfelt service awaits you at favehotel Seminyak.

Komang Artana

Been to favehotel Seminyak? Share your experiences!