“Cheerful, cheap enough, clean and new” 3 of 5 stars
Review of favehotel Seminyak

You added favehotel Seminyak to your Saves list
favehotel Seminyak
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Abimanyu (Dhyana Pura) No. 9A | Seminyak, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #83 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Bali, Indonesia
“Cheerful, cheap enough, clean and new”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

We just needed a roof over our head when our villa suffered storm damage, and this hotel was convenient, clean and cheerful.

Being new everything works and is clean. Their opening rates from 600k rupiah are actually not super cheap but not outrageous.

The rooms are small. There is not a single amenity that's not on the brochure. So you get what you pay for, and nothing more.

If you are staying for more than a night you might feel cramped. Being on Jalan Dhyana Pura, it's noisy till 4 am with bars. They are apparently trying to do deals with neighboring bars to get them quieter. Good luck with that. We didn't expect quiet given the location, but we also didn't expect the Christmas Carols to start blaring through the corridor speakers at 6.30 am. Not a lot if time in between for deep sleep.

The breakfast is a give away that they are targeting package tourists from North Asia and also Europe.

If I came a long way I think I'd go for a more Balinese feel. But then again, having an authentic experience is what left us with a leaking villa, wet matresses and the need to stay at The Fave in the first place.

• Stayed December 2011
FaveSeminyak H, Public Relations Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Thanks so much for your feedback! I am happy to report, we have now configured the volume controls to allow the music to be quieter in the hallways than in the lobby. Additionally, we have had meetings with the city regarding the volume level allowed by the neighbors at night - as some bars were almost doubling the decibel level approved by the government. So I hope both of these efforts help to make the sleep experience a little better for you and our other guests in the future. As you had mentioned originally wanting a villa, I would love to suggest you to check out our other brand for luxury villas in Bali - Kamuela Villas, in Seminyak, Sanur and Ubud. They are also listed on tripadvisor for your reference.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Have to say the best asset this hotel has is its staff.....to say they are brilliant is an understatement they cant do enough for you and always greet you with a smile. The rooms are really clean and very well equipped....lcd tv......power showers with hot water at all times and great air-con. Very comfortable beds with clean fresh linen. The location is slap bang in the center of Seminyak in Jalan Caplak Tanduk ...same street as the gay bars. Places to eat a plenty. Only stayed a week and was sorry to leave but i will be back and look forward to it. Well done to management and staff and thank you for a great stay.
David

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
FaveSeminyak H, Public Relations Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Thank You David! I was so happy to share your compliments to them this week - everyone was all smiles and very flattered.
Viareggio, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

New hotel with excellent facilities in the room. We booked the Superior room as we wanted a balcony which on arrival was huge. You could definitely have a few people out there for a drink. The room was extremely clean with fast free WIFI (the best we had our whole trip) and a flat screen with so many channels and all awesome quality. The room was very modern and didn't have a 'Balinese' feel, more corporate and minimal but seriously it didn't matter. We had been staying in some of those 'original' Bali resorts which were so average so Fave hotel was such a nice change.

The staff the most friendliest we came across, always smiling and there to answer any queries. They were more than happy about a late check out and then held out bags for us and called us a meter taxi to come and get us for our flight.

Overall I can see the place being quite a cool/hip place for younger people to hang out as the restaurant has these awesome long tables so if a group of you organized a trip it would be a lot of fun. Maybe have a DJ set up in the evening playing some chilled music and you would have a awesome place for people to gather.

Would stay again for sure. Thanks Fave!

Room Tip: Superior, you get an awesome balcony
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Excellent Feedback! Our team is now working on various music menu selections at night for the restaurant downstairs - let us know what you think about it on your next trip back. I am happy to tell you that we are now able to serve alcohol in the rooms, so yes, feel free to relax on the balcony and order as much as you like.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

It's a hard one, this one. Because the hotel is not yet officially opened, meaning that they were still conducting works while i stayed there last week. And the thing is in Indonesia, you see, that they work day and night!! I had to call reception one night at midnight to request for the works that were being carried out right outside my door to be stopped as i needed to get some sleep. They stopped right away which was immensely appreciated my end, of course.
The staff is absolutely AMAZING. They are always trying to anticipate what you may need and are extremely friendly and nice! They almost all called me by my name which is kind of nice :)
The hotel is brand new so everything single thing is brand new, shiny and clean. I stayed in a superior room, it had everything I needed (including a safe and a balcony (especially because I am a smoker)), except may be for a fridge... I personally missed a touch of balinese style in my room. The decoration is fine, just a bit clinical to my taste (probably because of the tiles on the floor?). it's just that my room could have been anywhere in the world, there was nothing that signalled it was actually in Indonesia.
You also need to be aware that it's a great location because it's right in the heart of Seminyak which also means that it's where the main bars are. Which means that it's very loud in the evening... you can definitely sing along to whatever the tracks are being played in the bars next door from your bed... all in all, it was too loud to my taste (considering both works in the hotel and the surrounding bars). but if you're a party animal, you will love it! may be if you're staying in the other building (building A I think, the one that is not on the main street), it's a bit quieter?? I have to say that I am sound sensitive so I might be a bit too picky on this? I don't know.
Amazing staff, brand new accommodations, great location, I booked while they were having promotions so it was a VERY good price, swimming pool is not very big but very cool which is exactly what you need in the ridiculously hot weather of Bali! (The showers and toilets near the pool weren't ready yet)

Room Tip: worth going for a superior room as it comes with a balcony. however it's on the main street so i...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
FaveSeminyak H, Guest Relations Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Correct! Fave Seminyak will have its Grand opening of all 251 rooms in February 2012. Currently, tower C and E are complete and allowing guests to stay. Tower A will be finished soon, and when it's done, will be the quieter of the towers as it is the furthest back from the street and nightlife. If you book directly on our website, you can mention which tower you prefer.

Also after excellent feedback from guests just like yourself, we already have a plan in place to work on increasing the soundproofing on the windows to reduce the noise at night. Look forward to welcoming you back to Bali soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011 via mobile

The location - It is located behind Santa Fe cafe, seminyak. A very god location.

The small room reminds me of the room at Tune hotel, but so much better from Tune as it is bigger. Free internet, very clean, flat TV.

The view from.the window room is not so good maybe it will be better if the view of the neigboorhood is covered by bambooes.

I would recommeded this hotel for you who cares so much about the cleanliness. The sheet is so clean and so white. As the hotel ia still new, the furnitures are very nice, minimalist style.

• Stayed November 2011
FaveSeminyak H, Guest Relations Manager at favehotel Seminyak, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
You are correct! Fave Hotels are about double the size of a tune hotel. Other differences you might want to know: Fave Hotels provide free WiFi, towels, AirCon, daily housekeeping, in room safe, and breakfast, while Tune hotels require you to pay an additional cost for each of those services. Also, you can enjoy later check out time at fave seminyak (12noon) as opposed to 10 or 11am at a tune hotel.

At this location we also have a pool, provide parking downstairs, chairs and desks in the rooms - items not found at all tune hotels.
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I just checked into fave hotel after staying at Grandmas for 4 nights, and my only regret is that i did not check in earlier. The service here is wonderful, i am currently staying in a superior room. The standard room is really immaculate, but if you are like me, and love people watching, for a few bucks more you get your own balcony that overlooks the street. Renovations are still going on BUT everything else is wonderful. And the rooms look exactly like those on the website. The Sales Manager, Stella is a wonderful woman and does all that she can to make you feel at home. Security here is tight which makes you feel safe and getting around is not a problem. Have already tested the bed by doing the infamous jump and the beds get a 5/5 for me. I guess the best part about jln Dhyana pura is that the Gay bars are just beside and i am a big fan of Gay Bars, loads of entertainment every night. Hotel is Gay-friendly and i CANNOT wait to get my friends to come stay here. I do believe the official launch of Fave will be in Feb, and by then, the hotel will most definitely be Fabulous.

Room Tip: Just add a few bucks more for a superior room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
We would be delighted to welcome you and your friends back to Bali soon! Be sure to give us your email address so we can give you updates to special offers just for our returning guests!

Been to favehotel Seminyak? Share your experiences!