“Not the place for eyelash extensions” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 116 Activities in Seminyak
More attraction details
Owner description: AMO is the ultimate beauty spa in Bali situated right in the middle of Petitenget, Seminyak -- the hottest new neighborhood on the Island of the Gods. The beauty spa is two levels of simple clean lines, yet sophisticatedly lush treatments.
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“Not the place for eyelash extensions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Since eyelash extensions in Bali were less than one-third the price in Singapore, I figured why not, and booked an appointment on a whim. In my excitement, I forgot that massage and cosmetic application skills do not fall under the same category but convinced myself it wouldn't be that bad after seeing the good reviews on Amo as a spa.

My extensions were not evenly applied - I have full, fluttery lashes on my right eye but my left is less defined. The lady that did my extensions was not very skilled either. Some of the lash glue went into my eyes after application and it really hurt. :(

That said, I don't doubt the spa's standard for offering good massages and nail services. Their service is very good - staff are welcoming and polite. They offer free pick-up and drop-off too.

Visited July 2013
Halfthesky, Owner at Amo Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Hi Denise
I apologize for the less than our usual standard for eyelash extentions that you received.

Please come see me at Amo Express's new location at Jl. Basangasa in Seminyak when you are next in Bali. We would appreciate the opportunity to redo your experience of the eyelash extentions we do.

While it has been a difficult adjustment period for the company and our lovely dedicated team, there is no excuse for not having the lovely eyelashes you deserve and I personally would love to see that happen.

best
Navia Nguyen

Singaraja, Indonesia
“Try it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

my favorite spa. I go here often
I enjoyed the treatments
Good service, nice place, sweet staff.
a little pricey, but I think worth it

Visited May 2013
Halfthesky, Owner at Amo Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Hi YooMee

Thank you for your support. We look foward to seeing you at our new Amo Express spa on Jl. Basangasa.

best
Navia Nguyen
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Best Day Spa in Seminyak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Was recommended by a friend to try Amo. This was just at the top of the driveway of our hotel so we caught a buggie up in the afternoon. You should book, but they always fit you in with many staff on hand.
We did the Red Carpet package on our last day as well as went for a few massages, facials and mani pedis through out the weeks.
Would highly recommend for any treatment they offer. Staff are great, prices are much better than the hotels extremely high prices and quality is 5/5.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“New York in Bali !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have lived in New York for over ten years and go to the spa at least twice a month not including mani-pedis. This place is beautiful and clean unlike some of the other places I have visited. They sterilize all of their equipment and the staff is so sweet! I wish this level of service for the price was in my city. I would be at the spa 8 times per month!
They Shellac was amazing and still hasn't chipped and my 4 visits here have all been incredibly pleasant. Totally recommend coming here :)

Visited April 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Slice of Modern in Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I come to Bali regularly for a few weeks per year. In the past I have gone to Bodyworks until a friend recommended I try Amo. I just had the Red Carpet package and am thrilled with the place! Not only were the therapies well done, but I was also able to get some jewelery shopping done here :) The staff is incredibly friendly and got me in as soon as they could. I will be suggesting this place to all of my girlfriends in the future!

Visited April 2013