“Modern, elegant and peaceful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Karma Hotel

Save Saved
You added Blue Karma Hotel to your Saves list
Blue Karma Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raya Seminyak, Gang Bima No 2, Seminyak _ | Kuta, Badung, Seminyak, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
3 Nights = FREE Massages
Ranked #12 of 81 hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Modern, elegant and peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Blue Karma is only a year old and was a relaxing, peaceful place to stay.Travelling solo, I wanted to stay in a place that was comfortable,safe,modern and fully serviced so I didn't have to venture too far out of the way for spa treatments and food!The hotel has 24 hr security too.Rooms and suites are set around an inviting pool and luscious green gardens that are attended to daily, it truly is like a little oasis.My 1 bedroom suite was comfortable, clean and spacious, complete with 2 balconies and outdoor furniture,would easily suit a couple.On arrival a personalised welcome letter was waiting on the hall table and the room already prepared for me to just jump into bed!I also received a voucher for a complimentary massage to be used at the spa.Spa services are a little more pricey than you would find outside of the hotel, but you are guaranteed quality service, dont forget to add the tax onto the price.Each night hotel staff would spray the room for bugs, bed would be turned down, mosquito nets drawn and lights dimmed.Rooms were cleaned daily either early morning or mid afternoon, all hygiene products supplied along with 2 bottles of water per day complimentary.Breakfast was included, fresh fruit, cakes, cereals and scrambled eggs on request.The in house menu was simple but satisfying and would suit individuals looking for a convenient meal or snack, the frozen daquiries are lovely and refreshing too.Water from the tap is apparently safe to drink and is filtered,and filters are cleaned every 3 days.This is one of the nicest places I have stayed in and suited my short stay,it was quiet (other than the roosters at the crack of dawn), clean, comfortable and the staff were accommodating and friendly.It suits people looking for the ultimate relaxing getaway without the kids!I will definately be staying again with the other half next time.Thankyou Blue Karma!!

Room Tip: Rooms available with private pools which looked amazing, would suit 2 or more people and are a littl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I'd like to thank the Staff at Blue Karma for a great 3 nights, we wish we had longer to stay.

This is a small boutique resort, which is set down a little lane way off the main drag in Seminyak, easy enough to walk everywhere and down to the beach if your keen.

The Resort is stunning, our Room (Champaka) was amazing and definitely gives you a WOW factor when you arrive. The main pool is beautiful.

We used the Spa, whilst not the $5-10 massages you can get around town, $20 for an hour is nothing, and was well worth it! Not to mention the free ones they through in.

Breakfast is fresh fruit, breads, and bacon and eggs, perfect. The free Wi-Fi is super convenient also.

I had my 1 year old with us, and whilst not really a child friendly resort as such, the Staff made her so welcome and she loved the attention..

As a travel agent I hope we start contracting this Resort, I will be recommending it to everyone. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
fred n, Public Relations Manager at Blue Karma Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Selamat Pagi Steve, Many thanks for your lovely feedback and very happy to hear you have enjoyed all aspects of Blue Karma during your visit and our dedicated team's attention and services. We look forward to welcoming your clients and yourselves on a next visit to Bali and Semyniak, Warmest regards and happy festive season
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent 9 nights in Sesame 1 Bed with Pool Villa what a pleasure Villa was roomy enough with outdoor bathroom all taps use filtered water for both brushing teeth and drinking (Very unique in Bali). The staff were an absolute pleasure and always ready to assist and help, the whole complex is like a village in the middle of an oasis could not recommend the atmosphere highly enough.Breakfast is very easy and not too much all bread and croissants baked on premise quite amazing
Position is of the main street about 1 minute walk and right in the action. We would definitely stay there again and again

Room Tip: I would recommend Villas with Pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I booked at blue karma solely based on TA. I arrived at 10.00 pm and it was beautiful. Wonderful decor. Elegant and stylish. I stayed 3 nights in Violet - lovely room. Then the lady night in rose. One bedroom suite.
Breakfast delicious. I had 2 free one hour massages as part of my 3 night deal. Good strong massage. I usually stay closer to oberoi so the first morning I worried I was too far away but it was ideal! Traffic is just getting worse do it can take a while to get to jalan oberoi and the best shopping strip.

I will stay next time. Luxurious and gorgeous staff. Incredible at remembering my name. So it is small and private but has the feel of a
Much more expensive hotel. Thank you to all the wonderful staff.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I am just dropping you a quick note to give you some feedback on our stay at the Blue Karma last week. My daughter and I have been coming to Bali for over 20 years and I can honestly say this has been the best accommodation and service we have ever had.

Your staff were all very helpful, courteous and friendly. I would like to make mention of a couple of stand outs:

Budi - our wonderful friend at breakfast. After the first day he was calling us by our first names, and asking after our comfort and generally caring about our stay at the Blue Karma. Please let the management know that he went above his duties to ensure our stay was the best ever. Bagus thankyou...
Gede - our fantastic host for our meal at night at the restaurant. My daughter was not feeling well, and he spoke to the kitchen who offered Kate a meal not on the menu but what she felt like and seasonal. (beautiful king prawns) He also spoke excellent English and spoilt us with dessert. He also went above and beyond his duties to ensure that everything about our meal experience was excellent.
Breakfast girls - our very sweet and attentive breakfast staff who also new our name, our breakfast preferences and especially how we liked our coffee!!!!! It was a pleasure all round at breakfast to eat a meal that is cooked for you and made to your liking. BLISS!!!!!

The massage, housekeeping and front of house staff were all professional and courteous and friendly. We couldn’t have asked for better service. Our villa was lovely, new, clean and spacious. OUTSTANDING‼‼ Especially the towels that were thick and fluffy and new.

Also no children at the resort was a blessing for us that wanted privacy, peace and tranquillity.

If I was looking for any faults at all (which I am not) I can only suggest that you address the noise problem with the suites upstairs. We didn’t complain, but you do hear everything upstairs, from conversations to scrapping of chairs, it was ok but not really great.

SMOKING‼‼! How disappointing that there is smoking on the premises. We had to ask the staff to move people that were smoking at the breakfast tables while we were trying to eat our meal. It was disrespectful on their behalf and should not be allowed by the resort.

Also in room coffee plungers rather that instant coffee, and also provide long life milk in the fridge (complimentary) We found the mini bar was far too large (we didn’t use anything from it).

That is it‼‼!
We are recommending the resort to all our friends and hope that when we return (next year) that we will be greeted with the same familiar friendly faces and the same resort standards that exist now.

Many thanks once again.

Michelle and Kate .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I traveled with my teenage daughter and one of her school friends and we all enjoyed this hotel. The two girls especially liked the pool. I liked the restaurant and the food, In particular the variety of fresh juices. Everyone at Blue Karma was very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they liked to talk to us about our holiday. Very kind. The rooms were absolutely beautiful and the grounds and landscaping had a great tropical resort feel. Everyone enjoyed lounging around the pool and it was good to have a restaurant as part of the hotel which served beautiful breakfasts and delicious food throughout the day. It was down a quiet laneway, away from the rush of seminyak but only 2 minute walks to get to a main shopping street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Blue Karma is an excellent place to stay as a couple or as a group. Very clean, the staff are excellent. Complimentary shuttle service to the beach. Comfortable beds and beautiful rooms and bathrooms. The breakfast is excellent and the lunch served poolside is of a very good standard. Tucked away, but close enough to shopping including a supermarket and bottle shop. We searched long and hard to find accommodation that would give us the Bali experience and feel (as opposed to a great hotel, but could be anywhere), a central pool and a place that we could stay in as a group, but also have our own separate accommodation rather than a villa.
I would highly recommend and would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: As we were with a group we were able to see in a lot of the rooms. The standard rooms are lovely, j...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
fred n, Public Relations Manager at Blue Karma Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Hello Von, Many thanks for your wonderful feedback, very happy to hear that your group holiday went well and yes Blue Karma is ideally planned and organised for groups of friends travelling together giving everyone all the privacy they need with superb facilities. Looking forward to your next visit, Warmest regards from Seminyak

Been to Blue Karma Hotel? Share your experiences!