We would like to say a big THANK YOU to the staff at Maca Villa. I looked at so many villas before I booked Maca and we could not have been happier. We spent 16 nights here and did not want to leave! The rooms are nicer than you can imagine. Spotless, large and serviced twice daily. The private pool is so beautiful when returning from a hot day out in the streets of Seminyak. Perfect temperature morning and night.
We stayed in a deluxe pool villa no.25 at the back of the compound. Silence greeted us every time we entered. We had plenty of sun for most of the day and it was like our own private sanctuary.
We spent the entire day of Nyepi just lazing by the pool and watching DVD's. You can request a DVD player which they will promptly bring to your room and set up for your entire stay. They also served us breakfast, lunch and dinner on Nyepi with 24hr room service.
Our complimentary massages in the spa upon our arrival really set the mood and the daily breakfast pancakes were unbelievable. You do need to pay for the coffee if you want one from Ippolito but it's well worth it as it's easily the best coffee in Seminyak.
The location is more than perfect being literally 2 min walk to Sarong and 5 min to Potato Head.
We walked into Seminyak square most days (15 min) or just took the villa shuttle which was available at anytime (4min). If you hire a bike on the corner near Maca ($4 a day) you will be in town in no more than 4 min at the most. If you do take a taxi back from town do not pay more than 20,000rp ($2). They are very aware that this is a reasonable price for the distance.
The best place to change currency is also a minute away next to Sarong at the Circle K. They are certified and by far had the best rates each and every day.
The road out the front of Maca is bad with pot holes but this is due to the fact that the area is so new with new villas being built all the time. We were told this would be fixed by June. But really you only need to endure the pot holes for around 50 meters once you've turned off the main road so it's not really worth mentioning.
We would like to make a special mention to Woody who looked after us so well and we thought that some staff in Sydney could learn a lot from him. Always friendly and obliging and telling us all sorts of wonderful stories about his village.
We are going back to Bali in August and will not even consider staying anywhere else.
Thank you Woody, Yoga and the rest of the staff at Maca for making our honeymoon the most memorable and relaxing experience. We love Maca Villa!!
- Also Known As:
- Maca Villas And Spa
- Maca Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Maca Villas Hotel
- Maca Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical sanctuary for the sense’s featuring true luxury facilities and first-class guest services. Offering 23 One-bedrooms villas and 2 two-bedrooms villas designed for travelers who desire the utmost in privacy whilst also being just minutes away from the beach and the myriad of fine dining restaurants and nightlife venues that has made Seminyak world famous ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, AsiaRooms and Venere so you can book your Maca Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.