We stayed at Maca Villas for our honeymoon and found our stay very relaxing. The staff were extremely attentive right from start when we booked via email and were willing to satisfy our every need. In fact every single staff member we met there were warm and kind and just "beautiful". They even allowed us to check in alot earlier.
The villa was outstandingly clean and just like the pics on the net. The layout was perfect with bedroom and living room opening straight onto your own private pool. The flower decoration and flower bath were gorgeous. With the big tv in the bedrm set on a swivel we had an option of watching tv from every area of the villa. The big sliding doors could all be closed off so it could be either outdoor or enclosed living. We found that great that we had the choice as a lot of villas we looked into did not have that option. The massage was exceptional and location was very good. Could walk to places such as Potato Head in about 10-15mins if we really wanted but cabs were so easy and cheap you didn't have to. Maca is a little out of the hustle and bustle but close enough to some great restaurants (short cab ride).
There are a couple of things we would recommend to Maca and we feel these things would have pushed our rating up to 5 stars. The bed was a good size but unfortunately for us it was a little hard. Could be a personal thing. Also, because we were out a bit from the main area of Seminyak (which we liked) a bigger choice of food in the restaurant would have been good (particularly the room service menu).
Another thing is when we asked if the salads had been washed in bottled water and where the ice was from we were told the salads were washed in tap water but there was a filter system for the villas and that the ice was "warm". We didn't quite understand what that meant. One of us ate the salads and were fine but one of us avoided it which didn't leave much choice for eating. Forgive us for not being knowledgeable on the filtering system concept in Bali accommodation but for us it was a little disappointing. I must add that we remained healthy and we did eat in the villa mostly. .
Overall our stay was still beautiful but we would recommend to couples who like the indonesian or Asian type food as these were really nice but if you prefer western food, this is not for you.
Lastly, our favourite part of our stay was the ippolito coffee which was absolutely AMAZING! Yes, everything you read about the coffee is true, we just wish we could have it here at home, but I bet we could never make the same way as the wonderful barista In the restaurant.
- Also Known As:
- Maca Villas And Spa
- Maca Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Maca Villas Hotel
- Maca Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical sanctuary for the sense’s featuring true luxury facilities and first-class guest services. Offering 23 One-bedrooms villas and 2 two-bedrooms villas designed for travelers who desire the utmost in privacy whilst also being just minutes away from the beach and the myriad of fine dining restaurants and nightlife venues that has made Seminyak world famous ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, AsiaRooms and Venere so you can book your Maca Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.