“WOW - THE BEST I HAVE HAD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maya Sayang

Maya Sayang
Jl. Mertasari No. 1 Seminyak, Kuta, Bali 80361 Indonesia | +62 361 732230, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 305 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: http://www.mayasayang.com/
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“WOW - THE BEST I HAVE HAD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Bomb!!!!! The highest level of everything. Have not had better since one I found in Darling Harbour by accident. I would travel anywhere in Bali to visit this one

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Everything is just excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time writing a review. It just simply deserves taking this 5 mins of my time to write this review.

The sashimi is simply fresh. Even the Miso soup is simply tasty (different from those that you usually find). The Cold Soba is fresh n good.

Good for family meals. Very peaceful , cosy and nice probably because the location is behind the main road.

Will definitely recommend mayang sayang to anyone looking for Japanese food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great service, great food AMAZING cocktails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant and were glad that we did... Hidden away from the main street it's a nice place to relax and enjoy a nice meal... Service was fantastic and the food was served promptly... The cocktails - delicious and at half price what great value!!!

Bali, Indonesia
“Finally!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I just came from that place, After many years in Bali I can say: finally I found a good Japanese restaurant! But it's not only Japanese I guess it's a fusion. I saw something Korean and western in the menu. Indeed the menu was a mess. The atmosphere is a little bit cold but the food, service and sake was really good. Generally price doesn't matter if it is good but at maya it's quite reasonable. It will be my next Japanese spot for1 lunch or dinner.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“We keep going back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We've been three times in the last week.
Cocktails are half price for ladies and men who are with ladies! I guess that might mean if you are a man on your own, you will have to pay full price for cocktails - best bring a lady!
The sashimi is fresh, fresh, fresh.
The cocktail menu is extensive to say the least.
The bathrooms (toilets) are classy and clean.
The staff are sweet, efficient and amiable.
The location is down a driveway beside Ultimo. Very easy to find - just tell the taxi driver you want to go to Ultimo - everyone knows where that is! (We never go there though)
If you want very good Japanese food, just a little off the of the uber trendy strip, then I highly recommend Maya Sayang. There was always a manageable crowd there. It was all very civilised, with fantastic food and service.
I couldn't fault it. The prices are very reasonable. Including cocktails, we never spent over 40,000 rupiah for the two of us.
There were always Japanese people dining there, which is a sure sign Maya Sayang knows what they are doing. They do it very well!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere