“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 293 Specialty lodging in Seminyak
Launceston, Australia
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Two couples stayed April 2014. Dayu our maid was an excellent asset, most helpful and kind. She cooks like a dream so don't forget to have lunch in the villa if you stay here. Beach is a 15 min walk if you take the gang heading toward the beach, a lot longer if you travel via the main shopping strip. The one drawback was the pool - over chlorinated each day to the point of irritating our skin - not nice so keep a watch out for the pool boys if you stay here and don't let them heap handfuls into the water.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

A friend and I stayed in the 2 bedroom "Mimpi" villa from 02/04/2014 to 08/04/2014 and I have nothing but great things to say about my stay at Rumi Villas.

The villa was very clean, comfortable, the pool is lovely and relaxing. Both bedrooms have air conditioning and ceiling fans which make it comfortable to sleep on those hot Bali nights.

My bedroom was upstairs with a queen size bed, and it also has a single bed by the window which was great for the in house massages and its by the window so i'd open the window in the mornings and read a book with the sun coming in the window. It was divine.

Our maid Wayan was ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL. She was so helpful and accommodating. Having the luxury of a maid was so lovely. Every day Wayan cleaned the villa, made our beds, did our washing and ironing, cooked our breakfast which was yummy and helped us with absolutely anything we needed. You do have the option to order in a massage or facials/pedicures etc and we would ask Wayan and she'd promptly have it arranged. She also arranged a driver for us one day to take a whole day trip up to Ubud which cost only $50AUD and was well worth it. Our stay also included a free massage each, a drink on arrival and our airport transfers with the villas driver. She arranged all of this and confirmed pickup for our return transfer for the flight home. She called taxi's if we needed them, and would always ask if she could do anything further. She was so sweet, and friendly and we absolutely loved her. She made our stay what would have been great, fantastic.

The villa is also in a great location. A short 5 min walk up the lane to the supermarket and some of Seminyak's great restaurants. Although it's away from the main rd so it's nice & quiet at night.
Cab rides are easy to anywhere you need to go.
The villas are also a member of the Canggu Club which has a great, clean, modern gym you can use for free as a guest of Rumi. The cardio machines are great, the weights are fairly minimal but you can get by with a basic weights session, although my local gym is a big weights gym so it depends what you're used to. I went up to the Canggu club every morning to use the gym, I got a cab from the main rd and it only cost me around AU$3.50.

If I go back to Bali i'd definitely stay here again.

Great for couples as well as families.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom villa was beautiful. Make sure you request Wayan as your maid!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We are an expat family from the U.S. currently living in Asia, so we've had the opportunity to travel quite a bit. This is our 3rd visit to Bali over the past 5 years since many of our visitors want to experience this special place. We always choose to stay in a villa over a hotel -- this is just one of the things that we feel makes visiting Bali extra special and different from many other locations.

We stayed in the 4-bedroom villa and I'll start with the positives:
- The villa was beautiful with just the right balance of Balinese and modern style
- The location in Seminyak was very convenient to restaurants, cafes and shops
- The staff was gracious, though I think you'll find that at most places in Bali
- Beds and rooms are incredibly comfy and we all slept great!

Some of the challenges
- The wifi is flat out bad. If you are in Bali simply to relax (which many people are) or you just need to periodically check email, than you'll be fine. What you wouldn't be able to do is download files or participate in a video conference, which both my husband and I needed to do at one point during our stay.
- The beach is quite a distance on foot. We don't mind a nice walk, but we found it wasn't really practical to walk to the beach from the villa -- cabs are everywhere, so getting there won't be an issue except on the way home when you're wet and sandy. Taxis will still take you but might charge a bit extra!
- There were an extraordinary amount of mosquitoes at the villa. We currently live in Malaysia and are quite used to battling with mosquitoes, but this took the battle to a whole new level. It was probably amplified by the fact that all the common areas in the villa are completely open and exposed. It's the end of the wet season in Bali, so you may not find this same problem throughout the year.
- The breakfast is great, but I would recommend eating out for the rest of your meals. We've been to villas where one of the highlights was eating dinner in the villa, but this is not that place. The villa is surrounded by amazing restaurants and I imagine most guests take advantage of that and therefore a 5-star chef at the villa isn't necessary.
- Make sure to bring all of your own toiletries as there aren't any provided (not even shampoo). We typical travel with that stuff anyway, but our friends didn't and I was a bit surprised by the lack of this small detail.

A few side notes:
We suffered a lot of power outages throughout our stay, which is not the end of the world, but is a bit inconvenient when you're in the midst of a shower and the water shuts off. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this, so maybe this was an isolated issue that will soon be fixed. We tried to get a sense for that, but no one could answer that question.

Nyepi Day (Bali Day of Silence) only happens once a year, but since it frequently falls during Spring Break, this happens to be the 2nd time we've been in Bali for this. It's an extra challenge at this particular villa since they won't have any staff. Hotels and some other villas do. When we experienced Bali on Nyepi day before, we enjoyed the day of rest and relaxation (you aren't allowed to leave the villa or keep lights on) and the chef cooked us a dinner that we ate by candlelight. In this case, the staff left the day before Nyepi at 2pm and so we spent our first two days cooking, cleaning and washing dishes. I believe it's because they don't have any guest quarters for the staff at this villa and no one is allowed to come or go on that day, so I don't imagine that will change.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We enjoyed our stay so much at this villa. It was the first time to Bali for Mum, Dad and I and we found the place to be amazing. What struck us the most about Bali, was the culture and the gentleness of those we came into contact with (outside the market area). We were very touched by Narwiti’s (housemaid's) gentle nature in particular and her gracefulness in going about her tasks. Life is so much harder for families there, the holiday was not only enjoyable, it showed us how lucky we are and how we are sometimes so consumed with things that don’t matter much.

I will definitely holiday there again at some stage, and of course stay at thisvilla again. Even the security guards were caring and very courteous, particularly through a short black out which we enjoyed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

great stay. My partner and I stayed here for 8 nights. Absolutely gorgeous rooms, and house keepers. Our Housekeeper nana was an absolute delight. We had breakfast cooked for us each morning, laundry done, and room cleaned everyday to perfection. awesome stay. Only thing is the villa is a little hard to find. Grab a card from the room and give to drivers needing to pick you up and you will be fine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My two friends and I stayed at Rumi villas from 9-14th March, while booking the 2 bedroom we were surprised and lucky to find that Mike the owner of the villas had given us a upgrade to the 3 bedroom Jepun villa. I have stayed many times at Rumi villas and the service of the friendly beautiful staff and caring hospitality is amazing I always request Wayan she is my favourite staff member her scramble eggs and pancakes are so yummy for breakfast. The location is perfect, right across the lane from Red Carpet Champagne Bar and close proximity to all the best Seminyak shopping & hot spots/beach clubs.

Rumi villas are my favourite place to stay Everytime I visit Bali, I am a repeat customer and have been staying 2-3 times a year YES ITS THAT GOOD!!!! Trust me, Rumi villas is addictive.. Stay once and you will be booking your next holiday there!

The pool in the 3 bedroom is such a perfect size to do laps and exercise/water aerobics. There is a blender in the kitchen so Wayan was able to make me my fresh blended fruit juices in the morning YUM so perfect for a Bali boot camp health kick!! Mind you, the fridge is super cold to keep your Bintangs icy cold as well!
Even the security are so friendly and helpful and this 24hour service and care really makes you feel safe and at home in Bali.

I highly recommend for families (can put up a pool
Fence for kids if need be)

Couples/groups

Friends
No matter who you travel with you will enjoy your time at Rumi Villas.

I would like to thank Mike and all the staff for a wonderful holiday, we enjoyed so much and can't wait to be back again soon.
Love
Nitelle , Catherine & Daniela

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We staying in the 3 bedroom villa from 19-23rd February and were very impressed with what we received. We were greeted at the airport by the smiling driver who was so friendly and helpful straight of the bat, upon arrivals at rumi villas no less than 4 staff members welcomed us and helped with our luggage ( we had 2 small children with us, 4yr old & 6 month old) upon entering the villa we were given some fresh pineapple juice and a run down of what we could expect from Dayu our lovely maid. My daughter was quickly swimming in the pool and settling into villa life. Dayu was fantastic, she went above and beyond for us. Picking up extra groceries and even going to get a bali mobile phone for my husband for cheaper than he could (being a local helped). We had lovely drivers Agus & Ketut who were fantastic. Overs all we were super happy with the service, villa and all that we received from all at Rumi. Special thanks to mike who assisted me to help find my mobiles I lost, emailing me back and forth early in the morning to help me!! We can't wait to return with our extended family later in the year if we can we would love to get the 4 bedroom villa next time!

We found the villas to be a lovely rustic style and defiantly ideal for the relaxed bali atmosphere we were after. The close proximity to the shopping and restaurants was ideal and so much nicer than the hustle and bustle of Legian/Kuta. So many fantastic places to eat our favourites were Ginger Moon and Earth Cafe Bali.

Thanks again Mike, Dayu & staff for a fantastic 5 days we can't wait to be back with you all again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Rumi Villas? Share your experiences!