“good location in the golden seminyak area. eating & shopping just a step.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amadea Resort & Villas

You added Amadea Resort & Villas to your Saves list
Amadea Resort & Villas
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Laksmana 55, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #25 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Jakarta, Indonesia
“good location in the golden seminyak area. eating & shopping just a step.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

nice & clean resort, exspecially the villa type.
the staff were honest & help full.
close to the beach & entertainment club.
suggestion to management not to fill in the figure(amount) of donation/gratuity directly, as many guest usually donate more for charity of world-wise such as Unicef, etc

Room Tip: no doubt chose villa for family or honey mooner.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place is in the middle of Eat Street and our biggest decisions of our holiday was do we turn left or right for dinner tonight. The hotel is hidden down a long driveway & whilst it is quite small it has everything that you need. We had a poolside room & it was 3 steps to the pool. The staff were all very friendly and attentive and we loved the towel origami each day - it was great waiting for the next creation and the little notes that accompanied it. The hotel is quite new so the rooms are very tidy and well maintained. Breakfast was at the restaurant on the Main Street & there was everything that you need - egg/pancake station, cooked dishes, pastries and fruit. Great little well priced base in the middle of Seminyak - would recommend it !

Byron Bay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I now have stayed at the Amadea Resort and Villas about 8 times, in various room classes, since its doors opened. On this most recent trip, my family (3 kids,15, 15 and 16 years and my husband) booked a 2 bedroom villa face to face with the front desk.
As a repeat guest, they gave me a small discount, which I was happy with, and they agreed to place us in a 'more private villa'. We had previously stayed in a villa at Amadea that had some privacy issues, due to other buildings overlooking the villa area.
We were happy with this villa.
We did have a moment when we were told that children over 7 years were regarded as adults, and we would have to pay an extra $30US for 1 child, as the villa, even though it slept 6, only catered to 4. I felt this was a bit ridiculous, and questioned it. The front desk girl was very attentive, and explained at great length, their policies. I responded that although I wasn't totally convinced their policies were acceptable, this was Bali, and they were doing their best to inform me.
As we sipped on our Welcome Drink, i was approached by the floor manager, who asked me what I disagreed with. I explained that their policies had not been explained on booking the villa, and felt a little rude to be given extra costs at time of check in. He was very patient, and again, at length, listened to me and responded accordingly. I was not angry or upset at the polices, I was just trying to understand them. He said that we could infact have the extra bed as we were not using any of the breakfast vouchers, so there was a great outcome for all.
we all loved the villa, it has a great master bedroom that is detached from the main building with a beautiful view of the large private pool. Of all the places I have stayed in Bali, this hotel has consistently friendly and helpful employees. They always seem to go the extra mile to On check out, we got the hotel transport, at a small cost, to take us to the airport, and they were fantastic, even taking us on a quick route and dropping us really close to the lobby.
I cant really fault the villas, great for either a family or 2 couples. Close to all the best shopping and restaurants. Beaches are about 5 minutes away by car, but hardly worth it in my opinion.
I dont think you would be disappointed staying here, and we look forward to our next visit.

malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

It's not often I give any resort a 5 out of a 5 but Amadea Resort and Villa's does all that and more.

And you also know when staff, are genuinely sincere in their welcome's and their goodbye's.

I checked in to Amadea on the back of good reviews on here by other travellers and was not disappointed. I booked my stay via wotif.com.

Plus points:

-Attentive, honest staff who were/are willing to go the extra mile to make sure you had your questions answered and issues settled

-Comfortable rooms for couples or solo travellers who wanted a clean, comfortable and relatively close hotel to the shops in Seminyak and the beach

-Reasonable room rates and packages

I must make special mention of front desk staff Lina who not only remembered my name, which is the first time any hotel has done so bar the Hyatt in Hong Kong but wished me every single morning and evening without fail. It's the little little things sometimes that make the difference.

And what you get is a comfortable deluxe room that has a nice room size, good hot/cold showers and super clean bathrooms and peace and quiet and a useful swimming pool within the compound if you aren't up to renting one of the spanking villa's they have.

I didn't mind the 3-4 minute walk from the main lobby out to the main street where the hotel restaurant is located and where breakfast is served and they also have buggies available if there is a need for transportation, especially during massive downpours.

We had a hotel van organized for us to take us to Tanah Lot for a couple of hours at, what I felt, was a very reasonable rate and a safe and good driver.

And we had several massages at the spa at the resort which were pretty good.

All in all, a very good experince and really, no downsides to staying here.

Breakfast, could however, have done with a bit of a change and variety as you pretty much got what you had yesterday each morning. I won't complain about this as it's rare many of us will stay at 1 accomodation for more than 3 or 4 days but, for those who are staying for a week or two, this could become....a tad bit boring.

Main Seminyak strip is a short 15 minute walk from the hotel and the public beach is a 20 minute walk in the opposite direction. Enter to the public beach via the main entrance at Kudeta. There are no signs and no directions for this so just enter and then veer off to the left side and head straight for the beach as you get to the Kudeta parking area.

A special mention for the housekeeping staff who's name I sadly forget for the inventive designs with the bath towels each day..I had a dog one day and an elephant another...that was always something to smile about after a day out surfing and out in the sun and walking back into the room sunburnt...

Lovely hotel. Great staff. Great location. They do Bali proud if I may add.

Room Tip: If you have cash to splash, pamper yourself and get a single or double room villa with a pool...envi...
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My mother and I recently stayed after last minute cancelling another hotel we didn't want to stay at.
Staff were more than happy to show us a room on the left building that almost had a private pool.
The location is excellent. Staff courteous and helpful.
I would say the only negative was the disjointed feel of the breakfast restaurant on the street.breakfast was Ok but not great. I wouldn't eat at the restaurant at another time.In fact you wouldn't think they are at all related. The hotel is set back down a lane behind the front restaurant.
Female staff in skintight dresses and bum bags reminds me of Thailand.had they dressed as amadea staff were dressed it would have been a better look.
Otherwise I believe we would be back for the small hotel feel and the great location and value for money.friends recently stayed for 14 nights and couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: The rooms around 135 had an almost private pool. Friends stayed 14 nights in 119 and 120 and loved...
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have to take my hat off to the staff and management of Amadea Resort and Villas in Seminyak. Everything works here like clockwork, making my stay extra special! All staff deserve praise for putting in lots of time and energy to make this place exceptional. Clean rooms plenty of bottled water and ice whenever you required it, carts that ran efficiently to the restaurant on the street. Changing breakfast menus with buffet items and special egg station cooked to order, even home made pancakes with fresh strawberries! Very pleasantly surprised. We were given complimentary 15 minute foot massages in their Ambient Spa with Passion , and vouchers for fresh juice at the pool side bar or restaurant.
Our room was upgraded to pool side at a very reasonable rate. What I noticed were lots of smiles everywhere, from staff to satisfied customers.... I would like to return and stay here again. Top marks! F Oberg, Sydney Australia

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tom Price Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and the staff were really friendly. Unfortunately our baby got sick and the housekeeping staff were fantastic in coming up on several occasions to change cot sheets. They also came to our room to clean around our baby sleep times which was nice. They left us notes and origami made towels for the kids! The two guys were fantastic! The pool was nice but boring for the kids. The kids loved the buggy ride to the top of street instead of walking. Unfortunately there were renovations next door and being on the roof top suite we could see and worse hear everything. Wasn't nice being woken up by jack hammering. There was also a rooster on the renovation site that was extremely annoying! Good location to seminyak restaurants and shopping. The room was great - great size for a family. I think a bigger fridge is needed though! The bathrooms are great! Wasn't a fan of room service or the breakfast but so many options just out on the streets!

Room Tip: Make sure no renovations near room and I would pay extra to get pool!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Amadea Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!