“Food is good... but for expensive for local standards..” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Food is good... but for expensive for local standards..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We came accross this restaurant while strolling down on Seminyak street. It's little place in an alley but they put a big Tripadvisor Excellence logo on theit signage (did they pay royalty to it ?).
They resto is understaffed, has only 1 staff, for taking order and delivery. The other one makes the sushi and a manager I guess.

So due to the Tripadvisor logo, we tried. As predicted, it was rather long waiting time. There were only 3 guests. Can't imagine if it were more. The food is good, but came at rather pricey side on local standards. It's even higher than compared to big malls in Jakarta with the same quality. Added with service and tax 15%. However, but foreigners is may be relatively cheap, as it came around $10 per pax incl ocha drink. Food quality is not disappointing, just the price.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Food taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Very quiet. For a Xmas nite. We had the whole place to ourself being the only one. The food was decent. Price reasonable.only complaint was the terrible tempura. The batter was about as thick as the prawn itself. Spoilt the taste of the prawns. The rest was good. Pretty good for a small place . Will come again:)

Perth, Australia
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I ordered Chicken Terriyaki and it was by far the best I have ever had.
Absolutely amazing food!!!!
Would definitely recommend and will be going back there!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Reliable Japanese cuisine ..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We eat here regularly, the staff are always very polite, the chef to my knowledge learnt his art of Japanese cooking in the USA, we love his freshly made dumplings... Will return next time we're in Bali...

Visited November 2013
Perth, Australia
“Some food excellent, some bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I decided to give this place a try after seeing it the day before. Reading reviews, I was excited to try their food.

I were greeted and seated promptly and continued to get great service throughout our meal.

First up came the sashimi. This was disappointing. The fish was bland and the wasabi was not fresh. Then the crab ravioli - crab sticks wrapped in hard pastry. Not what I was expecting. They used a chilli mayo which spiced it up, but not a dish I would get again.

Next the gyoza. Probably because the other 2 dishes disappointed, I could not appreciate the flavours of the gyoza. My husband loved them.

Then the food got really delicious.
The fish and chips with sweet chilli sauce came out. Interesting concept and executed well. Full of flavour and delicious. This was served with our other dish stir fried vegetables. Again, so full of flavour. Hint of pepper and a large serving.

Overall, despite the initial dissappointing dishes, I would go back but be more careful with the food I choose.

• Visited November 2013