“Exceptional Japanese food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Hobart, Australia
“Exceptional Japanese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

A small restaurant tucked in an alley way in Seminyak, Jalan Legian, Bali, excellent authentic fresh food. Always good. Never failed to please. Inexpensive, very friendly staff.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Japanese dinner in the heart of Seminyak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We enjoy our meal at zushiya, especially my nephew with his favorite eel on rice.
We have tried different sushi and sashimi special, salad and some beer.
The restaurant are located conveniently inside a little mall on seminyak busy street. The ambiance is pretty nice and cozy. highly recommended when you are in the area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bali, Indonesia
“Don't know what others find there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I was excited to try Zushia as there were so many good reviews. We had lunch and there were no other guests in the restaurant. Drink list is disappointing with very few options, mostly soft drinks. I ordered a miso soup and a sashimi salad and my friend got salmon/crab maki with caviar. Well, my salad consisted of few pieces of carrot, some radish and fish which didn't look like it was sashimi quality. My friend's rolls were fine but nothing spectacular. Took a while to prepare our order too and my friend's order came when I almost finished my food (tried to eat SLOWLY). Staff spoke poor English too. Well, overall I think it is overpriced (sushi tei has much more for just a little higher price tag), the food was average but not bad, the ambiance made me feel like sitting in an aquarium but might be fine in the evening.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Don't waste your time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was one of the worst dining experiences in memory. I don't mind if circumstances make meals take longer but I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime. Food was ordered and after 10 mins the chefs arrived by scooter and walked through into the visible bar/kitchen where the meal docket was shown to them. At this point I was curious as to what I had seen but not fussed. Another 10 mins passed and my partners dinner arrived. At the 30 minute mark an assembly line of workers lined up at the bar to make a take away order. It was a considerable order and it took them about 5 mins. He arrived about 10mins after us. At this point, 35mins in I called over the staff and asked what was going on? They told me it would come soon. 5-10 mins later it arrived.

The restaurant had good ambience and the food was good, but it was unacceptable that it took 45mins for a 9 piece nigiri dish to come out in an empty restaurant, especially when the transparency of the kitchen revealed they sat on their hands for the first 35mins. When everyone is so friendly here the staff never once came to our table after they had taken the order and just mingled amongst themselves.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Great modern Japanese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We enjoyed a great meal at Zushiya recently. Imaginative variations on classic Japanese dishes are the hallmark, with a young owner/chef displaying excellent skill in the design and preparation of the food.
Simple things were done really well, as should be the case in quality Japanese restaurant. The miso soup was really good. Rainbow sushi was different and striking in appearance; tempura was fine; salads were wonderfully fresh and beautifully prepared.
This was genuinely good cooking and presentation of food at prices well below those we are accustomed to!
Zushiya is really highly recommended and a very enjoyable restaurant. We will be back there for certain when next in Seminyak and hope the business flourishes, as a place which takes some risks and shows such imagination deserves to prosper.

Visited August 2013