“A pleasant light change” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Zucchini

Cafe Zucchini
Jl. Laksmana Basangkasa no. 37 | (also known as Jl Oberoi), Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia
+62 361 736633
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 292 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Cafe zucchini is a little slice of bondi beach and byron bay in bali. We serve healthy fresh foods from an ever-changing bar display of fresh, healthy contemporary salads and a lunch and dinner menu of light snacks through to more substantial mains using the best quality imported and locally sourced ingredients: think corn fritters, spaghetti al olio, polenta with rocket pesto and roasted vegetables, chicken parma with mash....Open breakfast, lunch and dinner every day we are renowned for our quality coffee, refreshing juices and tasty salads and sandwiches in a buzzy environment on bali's premier shopping and eat street
Perth, Australia
“A pleasant light change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Its wonderful to be able to get a light meal in Bali. It used to be difficult to find a place where you could buy a coffee and a lights salad. I'm glad this place exists, and will hopefully lead to other healthy eating options in the area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
London UK
“Tasty lunch ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Really tasty food - went with three others and we all were really happy with our dishes. I had one of the big salad bowls and can't fault it. Fresh and lots of flavour. Will definitely be going back again.

melbourne
“Great pit stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Lovely salads and amazing frappes . Place is small and busy . Fans only and shared tables worth a visit

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“No Zucchini anymore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Earlier this evening we were looking for this café in the main 'eatstreat', but couldn't find. Sometimes it's hard to find the spot you're specificly looking for, because of the poor street maps and indications. However that's my expericience of Bali, so I thought that's why I just couldn't find it. I decided to thw check the specs again back in the hotel.

So I googled the café and I visited the Facebook page. I read this message:

"as some of you may know cafe zucchini closed for business at the end of september. we were gazumped on the lease extension in a sordid little dispute with my former business partner.

thank you for your patronage over the years. zucchini may come to life again on its original site in a couple of years time or somewhere else in seminyak in the nearer future.

in the meantime my energies are focused on my other two fantastic, karmically radiant, eco-friendly vegetarian restaurants: green ginger noodle house in canggu and the elephant in ubud. I'll keep using this page to update you on their progress.

while I wish my wonderful staff well in their futures I would like to distance myself reputationally and legally from warung zuittion which is operating on the premises.

again, many thanks"

Sorry to hear, but no need looking for it.

pete z, Owner at Cafe Zucchini, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hi there,
Cafe Zucchini is a alive and well. We are opened for business as usual. In fact, we have just made many improvements to the space and menu is currently being revamped. The facebook message you have copied into your tripadvisor review was written by an ex business partner who is attempting to damage Cafe Zucchini through false information and propaganda. Please take no notice of his comments as it is just sour grapes. Hope to see you soon. Pete
Gold Coast, Australia
“Prices too high, loves to give back coiins, sometimes fresh, mostly great food!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

First of all the prices are very high, sparkling water was about 7 dollars when I was there, and usualy spend about 35 australian dollars a visit, the bread is probably fresh about 40 percent of the time I go, so just have to hope that the day u choose the bread is fresh, the steak sandwich is amazing, salads are great but are usualy gone by 2pm, and every time I go to pay they will never allow me to give the exact amount or nearest too, they would rather take the big money notes, and always come back with lots of lots of small change, so I guess they are really trying to give away the small change, the last 4 times I went this has happened, and no seat available at around lunch, besides that, all in all the food is great,however I stick to the same
Options each time I go, the juices and coffees, one of my favourites in seminyak, small, casual, and friendly people who understand well how to communicate with westerners and our odd requests,