“Great pool” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Jineng Villas

You added The Jineng Villas to your Saves list
The Jineng Villas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Nakula Gang Baik Baik no 09, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly The Jineng Villas by Premier Hospitality Asia)   |
Special Rate
HOT DEAL- TripAdvisor
Ranked #37 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
“Great pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I paid $145 a night and it was great value for money. The staff at The Jineng were very good especially the young girl on the front desk.
We were upgraded to a two bedroom apartment which was nice as it had a massive family style pool.
The rooms are a good size and the beds are very comfortable
As for the mosquitos issue in other reviews there were a few but it was not a major issue.
The breakfast was nice we had both the Nasi and Mee Gorang with nice fresh fruit and juice.
The location is about a 10 minute walk to the main street and a 4km walk or taxi ride to Kuta.
Overall a very nice stay at The Jineng.

• Stayed November 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had a great time at the jineng with its accommodation and charming staffs which could fulfil my request. Small private villa which you might need to pay more if you stay at a 5 star boutique resort but here you can have it all. Great accommodation and private swimming pool with a very strategic location in semi yak and easy for us to go out and reach all places that we wants to go. Breakfast was good but might need some variance for long staying guests, great price offered and the reservation staff of premier Nisa is an asset! talentted young lady with her will to help and assist during the reservation. Booking confirmation well recieved with all details and arrangement. She has also try to assist us with every arrangement we need. We such a great time at the jineng and wish to come back again soon.....

Quite and nice place for accommodation especially in seminal area which sometimes are very crowded everywhere. One thing almost forgot is the beach club, very nice and we could have our sun bathing ......

Also the manager, pak arya if I am not mistaken is very helpful in all they way ..Thanks to all the staff and we will spread out this also to our colleague and friends about jineng..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My stay is on 23rd - 25th October 2012 at Villa E. Overall rating is about fair. First of all the design of the villa is nice and modern but lack of extra power point and few lamps is unuseable. Maybe those lamps are for display purpose only.
Secondly both toilets are smelly. This is my worst experience that I ever had. It is worst than those cheap hotels. This is a very serious issue.
Third, the problems of mosquitos and millipedes are very serious. I started to kill the mosquitos when I entered the villa unti I had lost count of how many I killed. The millipedes are all around the floor beside the pool. I found myself was swimming with all the millipedes outside and inside the pool.
Forth, the staff should have prepared the mosquitos repellent in the villa to make sure that mosquito issue is minimized. The staff should replace a clean cultery set and drinking glass after they had taken the used glass and plate from our villa.
Fifth, the rubbish issue. I found out the rubbish was still there when I checked out on 25th. Those disposal was on 23th evening. The last house keeping was 24th afternoon. I wonder what is the level of housekeeping that they offer?!
Sixth. The breakfast was fair but no milk for the coffee and tea.
The one and only tissue box was at the dining table. Not in the bedroom. Not even in the bath room.
Last but not least... The door of bedroom CAN NOT BE LOCKED. Do you think we could sleep well during the night? for 2 nights?

Thank you for the "excelent hospitality" but do not forget... I PAID FOR A GREAT HOSPITALITY not something like this.

Room Tip: Risk there is if you are ready for it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I wish I had taken the comments on board for the jineng before chosing this villa however this was a very last minute booking so we didn't have time to be picky and we were given a great deal- although it didn't turn out so great in the end.
We arrived and were initially in villa M on the night of the 30th sept 12. There was a dreadful smell from the master suite shower/toilet so we asked to move villas and were told we could move the following day. As we had arrived from ubud that afternoon we counted our money before putting it into the room safe. As promised they moved us to villa B the following afternoon and that evening when we went to get money we noticed that half of it was missing- over 3million Rp. I immediately told reception staff who not only seemed unconcerned but did not even apologise on behalf of the villas. I insisted that they inform the police and reluctantly they did so but as it was now after 5pm I had to wait until the following day. The manager and assistant manager drove me to the police station at kuta the next morning where I was given a letter for my travel insurance company by the police but still no formal apology from The Jineng and from that moment on nothing was ever said about it again. We tried to not let it spoil our holiday but i was really upset by the whole matter.
The villa we stayed in was very spacious and modern but the bathroom sink in the master bedroom didn't work- no running water, and the downstairs toilet smelt damp. There was no kettle in the room and lamps in the lounge area couldn't be used as there were no sockets to plug them into. The website talks of goodnight cookies and a turn down service- this was not the case. They didn't even provide mosquito coils like almost every other resort/hotel on the island. There were some plug in mozzie repelants that had never been refilled sober went to bintang supermarket and stocked up on our own refills and repellents. Breakfast was average at best- cold tea and coffee with no milk, the cheapest of breads and juices and a very limited choice unless you were prepared to pay extra.
Front of house staff had poor customer service training and their ability to speak English was not always good enough for them to be working on a hotel reception and dealing with at times complex enquiries. At any given point there would be 5-10 young Indonesian men hanging around outside the resort- none wearing uniforms so not members of staff. I found it very intimidating as they would stare whenever I arrived or left the complex on my own. And given that there was no formal security and the side door which bypasses the reception is also always open means that anyone can walk in and out unnoticed.
We got the hotel staff to drop us off at seminyak square on 2 occasions. On the first occasion we were charged 50k which we were told we must pay in cash to the driver (reception staff) at the time- it could not be added to the bill. The second time a different driver told us it was a free service!!
On our last day I asked if we could check out a little late as our baby was napping and we had a red eye flight home. I was told this was not possible as another family were checking in at 2pm and they needed to clean the villa. I also asked if they could drive us into town after we checked out but they said they had no cars available. I promptly woke the baby and we left, thoroughly disappointed with our whole experience. They didn't even offer to collect our bags from the villa for us and watched us struggle with them (and a baby) ourselves before finally coming over 5 minutes too late to see if we needed assistance. At this point both my husband and I noted that there was a jineng car sitting unused unlike they had told me. I was glad to leave!! A few hours later we realized we had left the babies blanket in the downstairs bedroom
Cupboard there so we dropped in on the way to the airport and were surprised to discover that not only was our villa empty but that staff were in it watching tv in the downstairs bedroom and the blanket had vanished!!! This to me just sums up our entire experience!!!
The only one good thing about the place was the young girl that occasionally worked on reception when the boys were not there- she really was a breath of fresh air- the whole atmosphere of the place changed when she was working.
To anyone reading this review- I would have serious second thoughts about staying here. You will find villas with much better amenities, location and staff for the same money or less. These guys cannot be trusted!!! It pains me to leave such a scathing review but on this occasion there were so many things that deserved to be brought to the attention of the trip advisor readers.

• Stayed October 2012
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were only in Bali for the weekend.

We arrived Thursday night around midnight and left on the following Sunday.

I had a some of the reveiews below as was a little aprehensive to book here but i always believe some people have too high expectations about Bali accomodation.

The pool was a great size for a 1 bed villa with a ledge spanning the entire length which is great if you have kids (our daughter was 9 months when we went last weekend). She couldnt stand on her own but could stand when she was in her swim ring.

The ability to have the lounge room door closed was fantastic for us. Most Bali villas have an open plan lounge room which means it is hot and you have to be extra viligient watching you kids as there is no fence around the pool. We were abke to close the glass doors and let our daughter frawl around the lounge without having to worry about her going near the pool.

The bedroom was fantastic!! Huge king size bed, massive bathroom with wet area with the shower and toilet, massive spa bath plus here was also a seperate toilet and shower between the bedroom and the lounge area.

They have a huge fridge but no microwave yet but were happy for us to use the staff microwave to heat up our baby food which we bought up fresh from Perth.

The breakfast was ok but we only had it 1 day. There are plenty of cafes in Bali to have breakfast and we like to get up in the morning and go out. It wouldnt bother me if they didn't even do breakfast.

I never keep any money in the safe or cupboards anyway. We usually take some cash and spend the st in our credit card/visa debit cards. Everywhere takes credit cards even DvD shops plus you get the benefit of getting a better rate through the bank.

The location is off Jalan Nakula if you tell your taxi driver the villas are off this street just past villa seminyak estate and spa and just before villa kubu.

You could walk to the main jalan legian street with the street coming out just north of bintang supermarket. I loved the fact that the villas were so quiet and we never heard any cars or motobikes (not like our last stay near eat street in seminyak!).

There is also some taxi's that are about 20 metres from the front of the villa so you dont even need to worry about calling a taxi.

I thought the villa was clean, staff friendly and accomodating.

Special thanks to the staff as we left my husbands wallet as the villa and got a phone call when we were just getting to the villa. The security man got on his scooter and brought the wallet to us at the airport.

I would recommend anyone to stay at the villa and hope to be back next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Villa itself is beautiful. Large and clean on arrival and the airport pick up was very handy. The staff were initially very welcoming and let us check in early. Although, from there it was all downhill.

-The breakfast was AWFUL!! We had it on the first day, the bread was stale, the eggs and bacon cold and the fruit bitter. The juice was warm and there was no milk for tea/coffee.

-Having had such an awful breakfast we informed the reception we no longer wanted their breakfast (TWICE!) and they still called us at 11.30pm and woke us up to inform us we hadnt yet placed our breakfast order for the next morning so I had to tell them AGAIN we didnt want their breakfast. They then rang our doorbell in the morning and woke us up again to deliver a breakfast we had not ordered.

-On our third day there I went to retrieve our extra cash from the safe only to find nearly half of it had been stolen. I reported this to management who informed me that all staff have access to keys to open the in room safes. They took us to the police station to lodge a police report (this took half the afternoon!)

-After the stolen money incident I told them no housekeeping or any other staff were to enter the room while we were not there and so we had to have housekeeping pottering around while we were trying to relax and on several occassions house keeping failed to leave us clean towels (as they were at maximum capacity and had run out!), failed to replace our water bottles and failed to properly make the bed or empty the bins. Very disappointing.

The villas arent very close to anything although taxis are very cheap so that wasnt a massive problem but still a nuisance. Overall, although the villas themselves are gorgeous the overall experience was utterly disappointing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The bottom line: They should call this place the 'Dodgy'-neng!

In more detail:
We stayed there for 6.5 nights in June 2012, before our stay we were very concerned about some negative reviews on Trip Advisor and on Booking.com so we emailed the Villas. They did quickly reply ensuring us that everything in the reviews was not true (but in a follow up email failed to respond when asked what assurances they can provide if they weren’t). We also asked and receive an email confirming our additional half day with late check out (9pm) at half a day’s rate as we had a red eye flight home, all before arriving.

The positives:

Rooms are as they are in the photos but...
Staff are friendly and mean well but...

So the negatives:

- Confirming other reviews; the water, shower area, bath, and toilet smell like a sewer. Every so often the smell really seems to intensify making you gag and want to vomit. This makes simple daily tasks like showering or brushing your teeth really unenjoyable and really dampens/ruins your holiday experience.

- Confirming other reviews; the location isn’t too great. Luckily we had arranged daily transport (not with the hotel) but without it I think you and any taxi driver would have found it hard to find. E.g. we ordered MacDonald’s delivery one night, the nearest MacD. Is only 3-5 minutes ride away and the local delivery guy took 1 hour to find the place.

- When we arrived the room safe was not functioning so they asked if we would like to move to another villa, which we agreed to

- Moving to the replacement villa we noticed that there where stains on the pillow sheets, questioning the staff member who escorted us to our room, he looked at it and just said laundry have tried clean it but couldn’t and didn’t bother offering to change it.

- Saying that the villas are new, we had to ask for the keys to the sliding door which controls access to the bedroom (separate from the villa key)

- That night we found a dead bug between the other pillows, called and got new pillow cases

- There were also some stains on the bed sheets

- There is still construction work happening on the first 3 villas at the front of the property which you have to pass by everyday, needless to say there is noise and stairs from the construction workers every time you walk past

- Although the rooms are as they are in the pictures you can tell that an inexperience designer and builder did them. There are lamps that don’t work cause they have no where to plug into which is the same with the kettle (which we had to plug in next to the TV). The place really is form before function.

- The staff although very friendly, mean well and try to help are really not well trained and are inexperienced. E.g. We asked for a bottle opener (as they are not provided) as was told they ran out, next day asked again and was given one.

- Mosquitoes come with the climate in that part of the world but having stayed in other hotels and Villas in SE Asia before I noticed more than usual, perhaps due to the water issue. Luckily we bought a can of spray and sprayed our room daily, otherwise we would have woken up with bites all over.

- The breakfast; you have to select what you want the night before and the breakfast gets delivered to your room at a time of your choosing which I thought was nice. Additionally we get to choose what juice and fruit you want and if you want an Indonesian breakfast (rice or noodles) or an continental breakfast. The Indonesian breakfast is fair but when I ordered the bacon and eggs all I got was 1 strip of bacon (yes just 1) and one egg.

- On our second last day despite the prior confirmation of a 9pm checkout, at noon when dropping off my keys so they can clean the Villa staff using the excuse of traffic asked if we could leave earlier…unbelievable! Especially as they knew that my wife is currently pregnant and our flight was a red eye, I simply said we will see and didn’t think much of it. Then that night when picking up my room key they asked if it was possible and I said that I had internet checked in already so 9pm would work, after telling them this… they asked again! This was the very last straw and really pissed me off and frankly has triggered me to write this complete review.

- On our last day around 4 hours prior to checkout the cable TV (and thus all channels) stopped working. (not sure if this was related to them wanting to get us out early)

In summary, although we were having a fair experience the issues noted above really spoilt our holiday. Even after having secured promotional rates (the main reason we chose The Jineng) I (obviously) wouldn’t recommend you to stay here. There is a myriad of choices and villas competing for your business that I’m sure with research you can find a pool villa miles better than this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Sales E-Commerce at The Jineng Villas, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Lovely Guest

Warm greeting from Bali Premier Management

Thank you so much for your kind comment on our property. This is to be a beneficial input for our better future

As being investigated, we got several wisdom in this matter and would be very happy to view this matter as a wise and relative condition, in a chronological way

The condition was right that we had a trouble in safety box in the villa M where the client would be checking in. It is a technical problem that could happen and be fixed. Realizing that we had back to back client, we were happy to accommodate client to Villa H, surely by the agreement of the client themselves. Before moving, the client were asked to inspect the villa unit H, and client agreed. Nothing wrong with it

About the spot, it was a spot that we could only see by using microscope. Normal eye even could not see it as spot. Of course, we would be considering such thing for future act. Thank you so much. And client did no comment at the time being, as we assumed that there was no problem at all.

A subjective and relative comment toward our room smell was understandable. However, different person has different fragrance sensitivity

Re the breakfast, we are sure we are not that bad, we provided at the standard portion

Staff asked for 30 minutes earlier drop-off time , just for the sake of the clients' comfort since they were worry if client got late to the airport. Saturday is terribly traffic jam

We could review that our staff has attempted to do their best
Again , thank you so much for this kind input , we would be taking them into account for our improvement

Lismana

Been to The Jineng Villas? Share your experiences!