“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Perth, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We asked for a good local restaurant and were advised by our hotel to try out here.

I wish we had of made up our own decision as the food selection and taste was average, the service was barely existent and the drinks were warm (and flat).

The humidity was up, the cooling down options were a few ceiling fans, located in the "fancy" main section and a warm breeze.

I've been to Bali and few times and would NOT recommend this place. It is over priced for what they offered and the choices nearby offer more value for less.

They won't see us again

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A must visit place when coming to Bali”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I must definitely stop by to warung made whenever we visit Bali. We love the Nasi Campur there. We like the Seminyak one so much better than the one in Kuta because it is quitter ..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“So so, may be i shouldn't order western food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Quite a commercialized restaurant with live band. There are shop shops around the restaurant itself where you can buy books or souvenir after meal. Food was good and i wouldn't say fantastic. Ordered a beef burger but the patty was so small, is roughly about 3.5 inches diameter. Dad ordered pork chop with some fruity sauces. It was good but i think can be much better.

Visited February 2014
Beijing, China
“Not Worth it at all”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I went for dinner after reading reviews from many different places. It promised wonders. But I have to say that disappointment doesn't even express our experience at Made`s Warung.
The service was terrible, you could tell the waiter did not want to be there at all. I asked for something and the first time he just did not bring what I ordered, second time he brought something different and the third he brought half of what I wanted half something else.
The food was terrible. The avocado was horrible (tasteless), the pork chewy and tasteless. Even the green salad was tasteless.
I had such high hopes and I left unhappy and sad.
It was cheap I`ll give you that, but I have had wonders for less

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Henan Province China
“Great live music”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We went for dinner . Restaurant is in a open air covered courtyard with fans . surrounding the courtyard is various boutiques. There was a live jazz band which was really good. This is not a typical "warung" which means small store/restaurant...this place is huge and commericalized. We had the large whole grilled snapper - it was ok but I had better at Sunset Warung on White Sand beach in Candidasa. Mixed Sate ( pork chicken beef) it was pretty good. Appetizers: Caesar salad--the dressing was strange and not at all like a caesar that would be served in western countries . Basil , tomato, mozzarella...good but no one can mess that up . Dessert : Apple Pie with Ginger ice cream...he enjoyed it ...I didnt. Brownie and chocolate ice cream. Brownie was a bit dry and tasted as if it was made from a boxed mix. Dont need to visit again accept for maybe fruit smoothies and the live entertainment ...wasnt super impressed with the food . Also the entrees are served ala carte with not even rice or vegetables to accompany the meat...these are extra. We haven't experienced that elsewhere . This made me frown a bit as every other restaurant served the sate and fish with rice and veg.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere