“Pleasant but not great” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Adelaide, Australia
“Pleasant but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Pleasant place to eat. Most our party thought the food was satisfactory and they provided entertainment with traditional Balinese dancers.

Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Skip it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I know it's recommended in lonely planet but not worth visiting in day. Food was average to poor. Beef rendang was very gristly and both my husband and I felt like our meals were of canteen quality. He has the nasi goreng. We would have preferred to eat in canteen and oay half the price. It may be better when entertainment is on to distract you from food quality :)

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were recommended Made Warung by our accommodation receptionist when we asked for a restaurant that was great for local cuisine. I was not expecting anything flashy, just a restaurant that was a happy halfway-point between being a local joint and foreigner-friendly. I think Made Warung fitted that bill - the restaurant has its quirks but also didn't feel flashy, certainly not eye-catching for the foreigner.

The wait staff was helpful without being very friendly - not many smiles here and there but they were well-mannered and spoke good English. I ordered an ice coffee and my partner a coconut milkshake. My ice coffee wasn't that great, and the coconut milkshake was a little too milky. We had a waiter help us with our food order, as I had asked if he could recommend something nice and dishes that were Balinese, one meat dish and two vegetarian. He recommended us the pork satay, gado gado and one other salad dish that I forgot the name of.

The food was done quite quickly. I was expecting the pork satay to have a satay dipping sauce with it so I was quite disappointed when it didn't. That said, it tasted delicious and we polished those off quite quickly. I absolutely love peanut dishes so the gado gado hit the spot for me, but the other salad was rather plain.

We were there for lunch and didn't see any entertainment. I don't remember the exact cost of the meal but it was cheap. I tipped the waiter for his help and he was grateful. Probably wouldn't visit again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Medan, Indonesia
“Recommended!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My trip to Bali would not be complete without their Nasi Campur!
Tried their Red Snapper and Bubur Ayam as well and they all taste good. Price is not expensive compared to other nice restaurants I visited in Bali.
Love the ambiance and the last time I went there, they were having Jazz Rendezvous event so extra point was given.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Best meal in Bali... For the ultimate foodie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Definitely the best local food that we ate in Bali. Their menu is quite large and includes Thai and western cuisine but I would stay clear of that. The local food was delicious. The beef rendang hit the perfect spot and the gado gado was the prefect combination of spicy and nutty and sweet. The pork rib and papaya stew was also really yummy. The atmosphere is pretty basic but we found the staff quite friendly but if you are a pure foodie you have to go to this place while in Bali. Also if you love spicy stuff ... Make sure you ask them for a generous helping of their sambal

• 5 of 5 stars Food