“Good little place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Seminyak Village

You added The Seminyak Village to your Saves list
The Seminyak Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Beraban 88X, Br. Taman, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia (Formerly Chez Bali Villa & Spa)   |
Ranked #105 of 117 Hotels in Seminyak
“Good little place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I are staying here. It's not a fancy 5 star hotel but as far as value goes we are both very satisfied.

We use the place to sleep and sit by the pool, we have ordered food and it's been pretty tasty- I know my food, for example I have eaten at Ayana and I've eaten from the street. Pick the right dish. E.g traditional food.

So far we can't complain. However the shower in our room is a bit weak but, I think we'll get over it!

I think people who write negative reviews need to understand that the Balinese are not here to be treated like slaves. If that's what you're after stay at one of the w@nky rich places. Then you can whinge!

I would definitely come back here again.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a week and it was lovely just to chill out after we had driven from Sydney to cairns and then cairns to Darwin. The food in the restaurant was alright but I would avoid having the pizza's. They were strange little things... They made our bed and cleaned the room every day and were very helpful an friendly. The wifi is only good around the restaurant and half the side of the pool but there was plenty of space to sunbed hop.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Me and my boyfriend are a young couple in our early 20's and are backpacking around Indonesia. We have stayed in some pretty poor accommodation during our travels but this one deserves a bad review. When we arrived the staff were rude and unhelpful apart from the man that took our bags to the room. The room said 'superior' and the only thing superior about it is the size. The bathroom was shocking and constantly STINKS of sewage. The room is surrounded in paper thin glass that has curtains that don't even fit and after thinking we were going to get somewhere a little decent after roughing it for a while, the TV doesn't work and the mini fridge is dirty. Moss round the sink and towels that smell. I know you get what you pay for and it is cheap accommodation but I can't even call this value for money. The pictures are deceiving and the only nice thing about the hotel is swimming pool but there is zero atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Traditional Balinese resort with exceptional Balinese hospitality. Friendly happy staff, who always remember your name even after 6 months. Rooms are spotless. Really cheap. No taxes on food or drink added to your bill as nasty surprise like some resorts. Quiet, tucked away peacefully, secure, but a close walk to everything you need. Love it and am always disappointed if it is full when I need to go to Bali and I have to find somewhere else. Great value for money and a home away from home. If people don't like this resort, then I suggest you look at your own attitude, cos maybe you are not a very likeable person. Don't treat the Balinese like slaves, treat them with respect, as friends and they will be your life-long friends. Treat them rudely and they get confused because that is not their way.. Be nice and you will be treated nicely.

Room Tip: Some rooms are still being renovated. Ask for one that has been.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Gold Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Prepare for a lengthy review. Stayed for a week using my Sister & Brother in law's Timeshare. Upon check in we were advised that we had received an upgraded from a Garden Room to a Two Bedroom Villa which of course we were excited about. Upon opening the front gate to our villa, we were pleasantly surprised. There was an outdoor kitchen which we didn't use, a little seating and dining area, private pool and a sheltered day bed. Entered our villa and had a different reaction. The bedrooms are both fine, can't really fault them aside from curtains that are long overdue for replacement and the smallest TV you have ever seen (rarely watch tv while on holiday but it came in handy when we were incredibly sick). Keep walking through the bedroom and there is a door to the bathroom. Off to the left is the toilet and shower. The roof looked like it was about to cave in, it was cracked right through the middle and starting to dip, it was also covered in black mould. In the corners there were moth balls (which made the entire place stink including our clothes) piled up and a nice little centipede. To the right is the bathroom sink, a door to the 2nd bedroom and another door to the outside area. The outside area has an outdoor shower (shower maybe incorrect, it's a tap and spout), a toilet and a bath. Everything out there looked like it had never been cleaned. Thought I'd try being a bit outdoorsy and use the outdoor toilet, no thanks, the seat was covered in wee. The bath was filled with grime, you wouldn't even get in with your swimmers on. That was the last time we went outside. The air con in the bedroom is old and loud but you have no choice but to use it. During our stay my partner came down with a terrible flu and I caught it on our last day. Doctors advised I had a respiratory infection which I have no doubt came from this air conditioning. Breakfast is basic, toast, egg station, pancakes, jams, etc, Nasi Goreng and Mi Goreng (both were good but cold). Breakfast was fine but it was always sitting out for a long time before we ate and therefore very cold (excluding toast and egg station obviously). The Garden Rooms seem to be all located around the pool and restaurant. We had a little peak walking by and they all seemed quite nice (small and basic but nice) and we then were a little disappointed that we were upgraded as we would've preferred these rooms. We seemed to be the only 'paying' guests there, everyone else looked to be students. The students have their own breakfast area upstairs of the restaurant which seemed a lot nicer than where we ate, they had the own recreational room with a pool table which I don't believe regular guests can use and they must sign in when entering and leaving the resort. We later came to a conclusion as to why we were upgraded... the students like to party and do so all night in their Garden Rooms. Our villa was a good distance from there's yet we still felt we were at the party. The pool is fine but the bar plays horrible out of tune flute music quite loud and constantly, thankfully our pool was private. Reception staff were nice and helpful but not enough to make me rate this place higher than a 1. While waiting for a taxi to head back to the airport, there was a kitten meowing very loudly so being animal lovers, we went looking for it. I found the tiniest kitten on a wall towards the front and grabbed it. One of the students told me to be careful and not let the security guard see and he had just thrown him in the bin. I went back to reception and asked if the guard had done such a thing. The 3 staff laughed and one said yes. I asked why and they advised that a guest had complained about the cats (we didn't see any in the resort nor did we hear any. They were at the entrance but how this could affect someones holiday, I have no idea) and therefore they threw him in the bin. She said they have to do this as there are too many cats and it makes their guests unhappy. This just topped it off for us. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to stay here. Not sure what the price is as we booked through timeshare, but this isn't worth even the cheapest nightly rate. We contemplated moving as soon as we walked in but we we're on a tight budget and couldn't afford a quality hotel. We travel to Thailand a lot and generally spend around $50-$80 per night which will get you a perfect 3.5-4 star. In Bali, it seems you have to pay a bit more, maybe around the $100-$150 mark (but not here if that is what they charge). Only positive, it's in a great location. 5 minute walk to the Junction, 10 to Ku De Ta and a 5 minute drive to Potato Head.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been here for 9 days And have 7 to go worst place I have ever stayed , the staff are un helpful , when make a complaint all you seem to get is smiled an laughed at they must just think its a big joke but honestly I'm not laughing , the food is always under or over cooked an COLD an well over priced for what you get al so the fresh juice here is terrible watered down to the max , for example I went to the restaurant to ask for the chief had more than 6 staff com out will waiting sniggering an laughing finally I got to take to the chief and when I complained he looked at me angry an said nothing not impressed at all , the first room we where put in was faulty so the put us in another but that would be the only thing that has been fixed out of all this I really regret staying here make my time in Bali kinda hell also FREE WIFI yeah if you want to sit next to the road will trying to talk on the phone what a JOKE I will.never stay here again I hope this review saves some people the stress of having to deal with people that don't understand an really just don't care !...............................................................

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've been going to Bali often twice a year for 25 years. I've stayed at all types of Resorts, but this one has everything I need & great value for the price. Friendly staff, good food, away from the husslle & bussle behind compound walls, but just a 5 minute walk down to the main road where you can find all the food, drink etc you want. Finding authentic Indonesian or Balinese food is difficult in Seminyak, which is sad, but I usually have my driver take me to local warungs, hidden away a bit, but if you don't like tourist food, it's worth finding this cheap gems where the food is not westernised for Europeans. Some of the rooms at Seminyak Village are still under restoration... avoid 409 it's horrid. But the pool-side rooms are amazing. Huge, clean, modernised but without detracting from the real Bali. The swimming pool is huge, clean & has a pool bar. The food at the restaurant is good & cheap for a hotel & their Indo food is probably the closest you'll get to authenticity other than seeking out a local Warung. The staff will go out of their way to help you if there is anything you need. I can suggest a locally based driver if anyone wants to ask me. I use Seminyak Village as a stopover, this time just having just 1 night either side of my trip further up the west coast, but have already booked 3 nights for Christmas before spending a week for New Year at Pekutatan. Try to see REAL bali when you go, it's not just about drinking, shopping, transport, massage etc.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have mostly been newly renovated.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Seminyak Village? Share your experiences!