“wonderful experience” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

we stayed here in a one bedroom villa on our last bali trip.
the location was good for a honeymoon couple, because it's quite far from the crowded area of seminyak but if you had a bike or car, it wouldnt be a problem, fortunately, its walking distance to Naughty Nuri;s and Warung Sobat restaurant. some of recommended places in that area.

the villa was clean, and cozy, more like home than a villa. we loved the bed and other furnitures. very helpful especially when you're not well and need a good rest..:D
the pool was nice, a bit dirty with some fallen leaves and flowers, but they still cleaned it everyday and they would clean it again on request. one night, a frog suddenly appeared and joined me for an afternoon swimming. thank God it wasnt a snake or anything else.

I liked the welcome drink. a fresh lime water and some fresh tropical fruit. not so fresh but ok.
breakfast was delicious. but you have to write the order carefully or it wont meet your expectation, or maybe you;ll be charged for some of the dishes. we ordered almost the same menu everyday, but we didnt get the same set each day. i think this was the only complain from us. the compliment lunch set wasnt too bad also.

the security, receptionist, housekeeping, other staffs were friendly and very helpful.
overall, we enjoyed our 5 nights stay at this lovely villa. highly recommended, especially for a couple. because you;ll get what they promised on their promo materials.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Got the non-refundable booking for better value. Wide selection of breakfast of your choice to be delivered into your dining table every morning. Massive bathroom with over-sized bathtub. Pool is just a step away from the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My recent stay at the Astana Batubelig was relaxing and pleasant. I was enjoying a short getaway vacation in Bali for 6 days which I have stayed in a five star resort at the Jimbaran Beach for 4 days before moving to Seminyak for the remaining 2 days. I am glad i have made the right choice to stay in this resort for the last leg of my vacation.

The check-in and check-out process were seamless and fast. The staff serving us were polite, friendly and hospitable. Having stayed at a five star resort earlier, I was spoiled again now by the Astana staff with their exemplary service I have received during my stay.

The villa I stayed in was simply amazing. It came equipped with a small swimming pool for dipping in right next to the bedroom. You could literally jump straight in from the bedroom by opening the door. In addition, the villa was spacious with a kitchen and a nice bath tub for enjoying a bubble bath. The breakfast was decent in my opinion. There are also some nice dining options nearby. A couple of good places to eat within 5 mins walking distance would be "Warung Sobat" and "Naughty Nuri's Warung". Other dining options are just 15 to 30 minutes away by taking a cab. On the last day before I checked out, I enjoyed a very relaxing body massage in my room by making a reservation. This was made possible because the staff has managed to allow me to check out at a later time of the day. I would like to express my thanks to the staff of Astana for making this possible.

The only con was the presence of a lot of mosquitoes in the room. I have killed at least 15 mosquitoes when i entered the villa. That explained why the hotel management has provided a bottle of insect repellent and a electric insect killer for you to use. Without those things, my stay would have been a nightmare having to tolerate the presence of these blood suckers. You are advised to keep all the doors shut throughout the day to prevent the mosquitoes from entering into your villa as there are padi fields nearby.

Overall, my stay had been very good. I will definitely stay here again for my trip to Bali.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed in the villas for four nights in mid September. We absolutely loved the villas which are spacious and cosy. You can literately jump into the pool from the bedroom villa which was fun... The villa is private which was nice with a large bath and pool is a good size. Staff were all lovely and very eager to help out whenever needed. The breakfast was average, but we arn't too fussy and it was good enough for us. We didn't order any other meals. There are a few good restaurants in the same street, but for only $2 head into Seminyak for some lovely places to eat. Overall, we couldn't fault the villa and we will be back to stay here again next year.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of September. I had read mixed reviews about the hotel and was worried that it may be a bit out of the way. However, we had an amaIng stay. You are made to feel like royalty as soon as you arrive. The service is great, and the staff are always welling to help out whether it is with regard to transport or local knowledge etc.

The villas are lovely, very clean and very looked after. The private pool area was great, we had sun until about 3 in the after noon which was fine. The beach is nearby too, we didnt sunbathe on the beach however there are lots Sunbeds to rent. There are quite a few bars too which fill up quickly with onlookers watching the sun set.

To get a taxi into seminyak will cost less than £2. The hotel will call one for you so you won't need to hail one down on the road. For us, we likes being out of the hustle and bustle, but it was the perfect distance to spend our evenings in seminyak. When getting a taxi back make sure they put the meter on as we found taxi drivers quoting quadruple the amount.

Overall we had a fantastic stay, excellent location, wonderful setting and lovely staff. Would definitely return and recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have just spent two weeks at the Astana Batubelig Villa and I recommend it to any one that wants to be away from the hustle and bustle.
The staff are friendly, and greeted us on every occasion. I found that a quick smile and 'hello', made them an instant friendly person(unlike Australian hotel staff). Even the gardener, who is probably seldom acknowledged, was quick with a greeting and wide toothy grin.
The villas are in a quiet area of Seminyack, but there are some great eateries on Jalan Betabulig. On the same side as the villas about 3 min on a bike, we found a great place for lunch/brunch. A simple sign out front saying "Open for brunch/lunch 11-4", and it is a gem. The area upstairs gets the ocean breeze whilst you sit in open style 'Balinese' surrounds, and the food is great. The manager from the 'W hotel' was having lunch whilst we were there, and in chatting with the owner we found that a few hotel managers from the area ate lunch here.
Seminyack, Legian, Kuta are all accessible by taxi, and you can expect to pay between $2, up to $10, depending on how far you go, and traffic conditions.
As a golfer, I got a taxi to Nirwana golf course, approximately 30-40 mins away.Played 18 holes, and the driver charged me 300k Rupiah ($30) to drop, wait and return!!
Our villa was clean on arrival, and presented beautifully each day on return from our outings. Breakfast choices range from basic croissants and coffee, yoghurt and fresh fruit, to scrambled eggs, nasi goreng, chicken porridge(worth a try) and/or pastries.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and recommend the Astana Batubelig to people that want a quiet base with privacy, and are looking at heading off for the day, or just lazing in your private pool area.
And finally, along the road to the right and turn left, you are on the beach. A 15 min walk takes you to Seminyack. Head towards Seminyack square and find 'Drifters Surf Shop & Cafe'. The coffee is great, and the choc brownies are yummy. Enjoy!

Room Tip: all villas are private
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was a wonderful stay - we tried out the Wotif.com mystery deal for Seminyak and were happy to see we got the Astana Batubelig Villa's! The location is a bit disappointing, it is outside the main area of Seminyak where all the best bars, shopping and spa's are located but on the plus side they do have a shuttle (free) and moped hire (around $6 AUD per day) service at the hotel so its only about 10minutes into the centre of Seminyak. The villa is stunning, beautiful rooms, breakfast to your villa (order the banana pancakes and stay away from the eggs... they are a bit gross) and private pool is gorgeous. We ordered massages by the pool (around $30AUD) which were amazing! After reading reviews on other websites, we tried out "naughty nuri's" the outside looks super dodgy but when you sit down to a plate of ribs (don't bother ordering anything else - these are amazing!) it was incredible!!! A rack of the best pork ribs set us back around $8AUD.

Catch the shuttle into Potato head bar for afternoon swim and drinks, go to Ku De Ta for the sunset and dinner, try out this AMAZING restaurant "tulip" with great authentic turkish food (located near potato head) they just opened but the food is wonderful.

Room Tip: Spend a day just chilling by the pool, order some massages and spa treatments in your villa, head to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Astana Batubelig Villa? Share your experiences!