“Great hotel, would definitely recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kusuma Resort

You added Kusuma Resort to your Saves list
Kusuma Resort
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jl. Arjuna Gg Raja No. 6, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #31 of 78 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Boulogne-Billancourt, France
“Great hotel, would definitely recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. Great hotel, calm, walkind distance to the beach and all the attractions (restaurants, shops, bars).
Huge room with balcony overlooking the big pool.
Great breakfast
Helpful and friendly staff
If we return to Semyniak we will definitely stay in this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My first trip to Bali - so haven't anything local to compare it to but I'll start by saying I would definitely stay here again. If by "resort" you conjure up 5 star luxury and huge pools/pool bars etc then this probably is not the place for you but if you're after a reasonably priced, comfortable, clean, quiet place in a good location with a nice outlook and pool then I can highly recommend.
Good things:
1. Huge room and balcony.
2. Very comfortable bed.
3. Huge bathroom with separate bath and shower
4. Very clean and tidy.
5. No in room safe - but all the cupboards had locks (was fine for me but some people may be a bit more conscious of this).
6. Super quiet location - no noise at all.
7. Very friendly staff
8. Cable TV channels (see below though...)
9. Not the biggest but still very enjoyable pool which you could swim in at any time.
10. 7min walk to the beach (prob about 800m) - same to restaurants/shops etc.
11. 24 hour shop just around the corner that also sells beer and some spirits
12. Bin Tang supermarket about 10mins walk (closes at 11.00pm)
The irritations:
1. No bedside/reading lamp - only overhead lighting which was not good if you wanted to read in bed - take a booklight with you.
2. No fly-screens on the windows - was not a problem when the aircon was on, but I would have preferred to be able to sleep with the windows open and no aircon.
3. Room doors are not self locking which meant you had to take the key out of the power supply to open/close the door which was a pain at night in the dark.
4. When you took the key out of the slot - all electricity went off (except fridge) so charging phones etc was a bit hit and miss.
5. Wireless only really works in the reception area (which they advertise so no surprise) - I was in room 201 which is close to reception so I had some signal on/off - good thing was it forced me to put my phone down which was not a bad thing - but if you need wireless in-room you may be in a bind.
6. No lift - not an issue for me - but if you have trouble with stairs I'd suggest getting a ground floor room.
7. Towels were not changed every day - but after asking they were. I am lead to believe that in Bali you don't expect the plush towels we are used to in western hotels.
8. The rooms did not have an iron or hairdryer (which I actually use to dry underwear etc) - not a problem just not there.
9. You probably want to take your own toiletries as those supplied were pretty lame.
10. TV reception was sometimes fuzzy - but didn't go there to watch TV - maybe it was the gods telling me to go outside :-)
11. No safety fence around the pool - no problem for me, but if you have small kids you would need to be careful.
12. No real security to enter the resort (which I kind of liked to be honest but it did mean that anyone could come and bang on your door.
In spite of the minor things I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend the Kusuma Resort.

Room Tip: Rooms are on three levels with each 1 (101-201-301) being closest to reception and more likely to ge...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We had a room on the ground floor over looking the pool which was nice and blue! The room was quite large with a sitting area, TV and 2 double bed which were very comfy! Large bathrom with shower and bath. As stated before no safe but all cupboards had locks and as a small 18 room resort I felt very safe with leaving our belongings in the locked cupboard. It is located at the end of a small Gang that has a couple of good masage places near by. Short walk to the Beach and a few resteraunts down the road but need to walk about 30 minutes to get to the area with clubs and pubs. Or just get a Taxi Meter for about $2.50 (minimum chanrge), after all you are on holiday :) Clean quiet room with lots of privacy! Over all I would say good value for money but we stayed in Legian closer to the beach the week before and found that to be a better location.

Room Tip: All rooms over look the pool but we had a ground floor room at the end which was nice as we didn'...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Collaroy Beach, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I just had 3 weeks at Kusuma, the place is off the main road and has plenty of space. I stayed in Villa 7, up the end and away from everything else. It is the best of the 2 bedroom villas, nice and quiet, big bedroom and a spacious open living area. The staff are friendly and happily engage visitors. i had a look in the rooms as well, they are huge and look great as well. Nice large pool. There is WiFi, but you can only pick it up near the reception. If you stay for longer periods like I did you can get a discount, just ask.

Room Tip: Go for Villa 7, it has on huge room with Aircon, and second room upstairs has just a fan. Nice and q...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We spent 6 night at this resort and loved it. The staff are friendly, the place is clean and the pool a decent size.

Upon ariving at the resort a lovely lady, who did not speak much english showed us to one of the rooms. Unlocking a double bolted door she signaled for us to enter the room from the cute porch which was very spaciuos and house to cushioned wooden chairs and a table, of course with an ashtray!

The room was also very spacious, very hand for 2 girls with backpacks and all of the trimings. To the left was a couch and a chair and a larger table than the one on the porch. The room was very clean and had all we needed, a small fridge (no minbar) and a television with cable TV.

After bartering we agreed on 500, 000 rupee =$50AUD a nigth for 6 nights with no breakfast included. Might I add that the lady was a very stern barterer herself, lucky for us we did have a local with us and we were able to get the price down a little more than the everyday tourist.

The houseman who cleaned our room for us throughout our stay was fantastic and was more than happy to change our matress and pillows as the original ones didn't suit us. Nothing was ever moved or went missing, the hotel was very trusting and clean.

The room did not have a safe, however it did have many cupboards in the room that locked with different keys for each cupboard that were supplied by the hotel. This worked out for us better than a safe as we both had laptops and I have a SLR camera that would not have fitted in a safe.

Over all I would reccomend this hotel if you are not looking for a high level of service as the staff a very relaxed and not to invloved in your stay, they do what they need to do and leave you to relax anfd tend to your own wants and needs. Which is a nice relife after returning from the more than eger to strike you a bargin shop owners.

Room Tip: Great location on JL (street) on doulbe six street. This is very handy as all taxi drivers know thi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed at the Kusuma last month. As previously stated, it's a small resort only 18 rooms but this means that it's relatively quiet. I was surprised at the size of the room, there was plenty of space; a decent size wardrobe, a small sitting area, a large balcony and a huge bathroom with a separate shower and bath. It was perfectly clean with comfy beds. The pool was cleaned every morning at around 6.30am and was crystal clear. The restaurant was small and I hardly saw anyone eat there, so that put us off a bit so we didn't eat there. I think they should try and improve this and attract more people.
The staff were always friendly and pleasant.
Cons: no room safe, you are able to leave valuables at the front desk in a double locked drawer, where you had one of the keys and they had the other. Wasn't really comfortable with his as it was out in the open.
Would be great if they had a small elec kettle and a couple of cups for that morning coffee, I don't believe it would be a big expense
Wi fi didn't work in the room, needed to be outside to use it

We got a good deal on the room rate and if we could get the same next time, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed 11 nights in Aug. Very large clean rooms. Clean, tidy Resort. 18 rooms. Needs some finishing touches. No kettle/tea/coffee in room. No in-room safe. No bed-side lights. Very bright for the sleeper when the other wants to read. No pool towels or pool service. No computers but free Wi-Fi. Yes, the pool had a green tinge but was fixed over 2 days. Nice large pool, which we had to ourselves for 9 of the 11 days, which was great. Breakfast was basic. 3 kinds of eggs. Fried, omelette & scrambled. Served with toast, juice, jam & fresh fruit. The weakest tea but the strongest coffee.The rooms had large balconies all overlooking the pool. The resort is down an alley off Double Six.. One taxi driver had heard of it. You'll need to direct taxi's to "near Villa Coco and just past the Haven. There is no sign on corner of Double Six. We loved the location. Left to Legian Road and right to restaurants and the beach. We enjoyed our stay here. If you do not like big, busy resorts, this is the resort for you. You are left alone to enjoy your holiday, but in a good location. Clean & new.

Room Tip: No lift. 3 stories high.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Kusuma Resort? Share your experiences!