I recently stayed for 4 nights at the Semara Resort and spa. Everything about the resort is beautiful. We stayed in a superior Poolside room (401) which is located by the second smaller pool. The room was very big and size of the bathroom was unbelievable.
Positives: The resort is located in a quieter area of Seminyak and there are a couple of great places to eat nearby. It is right next door to Potato Head, you just have to walk down the long drive. Staff are very friendly. Rooms are very large, although I am not sure how big the standard room was. There was no problem with some friends who were not staying there coming and spending time with us. The cabanas at the end of the main pool are wonderful although they are near the children's pool not so great if you are not wanting the noise. the restaurant food and coffee is good.
Negatives: I think that we were spoiled by the place that we had been staying before Semara as the service there had been impeccable. In comparison the Semara was slightly lacking. This may sound like moaning so I am sorry but we had just had such a wonderful experience. We arrived at 4.30pm and had to wait around 20 minutes for the room to be ready. The daily service of the room was average with things like tissues not being replaced when they had run out on the first day. Often there were not enough towels left for us after the cleaning. The price of food and drink was a little on the higher side. Breakfast was not included in our room rate so that was a bit of a downer.
I would probably recommend it to friends but I would also say that there are better places to stay....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Semara Resort and Spa, is perfectly located in the heart of Seminyak and only a short walk to the beach. You will find us conveniently situated between W Resort and Spa and Ku De Ta. Our luxury boutique resort is set amongst superbly landscaped tropical gardens where one can take in the ambiance from their own private balcony or enjoy a cocktail or sumptuous tasty treat by the pool. At Semara, we place particular emphasis on spa treatments & wellness activities such as yoga and aqua aerobics and for those traveling with children, we will be offer the island's best kids club experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Semara Resort And Spa Seminyak
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Bali