“Excellent accommodation and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Petitenget, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #54 of 96 hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Excellent accommodation and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed twice at this hotel. The 2nd visit was based on how wonderful our first visit was.
The rooms were spacious, the service attentive and friendly and the pools were clean and not crowded. The tranquil pool lived up to its name and was a well enjoyed retreat from the busier pool; which was set up for swimming laps in the morning before becoming the family pool. Buffet breakfast is served pool side.
Breakfast was mainly western food with a daily Indonesian sweet treat or two on offer.
The staff at the day spa were fantastic and I recommend trying a yoga class. One on one classes can be booked and Yudha was an amazing instructor.
The location was brilliant; next door to Potato Head and some great cafes nearby (eg Mantra).
The main shops in Seminyak are approx. 3k-4k rupiah in a taxi but could also be done on foot. (20-30 mins.)
Overall, I had never been to Bali before but my experience at Semara means I will be going back!

• Stayed December 2012

452 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great hotel in good location. Although there was no direct beach access you could simply walk through next door. Close to both the famous potato head and ku de ta. Decent attached restraunt, The Deck. The seminyak restraunt strip is slightly out of walking distance but is about a 5000rp taxi ride away. All in all I will stay here again. Suits families.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have stayed at Semara twice now and absolutely love it for its location, value, friendly staff and beautifully appointed rooms. Travelling to Bali 3 times a year for business (and pleasure) we have experienced the broad range of the accommodation that Bali has on offer. Semara will be our first choice from now on......with the honesty of their staff being the clincher to an already top rate hotel. During our stay last month I had just exchanged a large amount of money to buy stock for our business in Australia, when my fully laden wallet fell out of my bag and ended up under a poolside deck chair. Early the next morning, I received a call from reception saying the pool attendant had found my wallet.......all of the money still in it!! Huge lesson for me to be more vigilant ....but very reassuring to know that you are safe and secure at this hotel!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I live in Bali and I was eager to try the shiro dara ayurvedic head treatment that was missing from my list. I've been very peaky since my first years in Bali, and I don't go on trying new places anymore because of the fear of disappointment. But, since my daughter was at a kids club near Semara Spa, I decided to give it a try. The price was quite high for Bali, around 50€ and I expected a bliss. The price was in fact slightly lower then some other high profile spas, but still in the luxury category. Yet, I had an average superficial experience that left me disappointed though I could see the potential of the treatment itself. I don't think it is worth that money. My opinion about Kuta-Seminyak spas is drowning more and more. The best thing around this "luxury" complex is the kids club "Cubby House". However, I'm not going to take advantage of their kids stay + spa treatment offer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Elena S,

Thank you for your comment. We value all comments including constructive criticism therefore we would like to know what we could have changed or improved that would have made your experience more pleasurable and memorable. All Semara spa treatments are of very high quality but we can always improve. Please feel free to email us at info@semaraspa.com
Thank you very much for your feedback.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The executive rooms were spacious with a great balcony, deluxe bathroom with a seperate bath tub. The swimming pool area was excellent with plenty of lounges and pool side service. Our 9 yr old daughter loved the kids club and was begging to go every day. With two good restaurants and spa on-site there was no need to leave the hotel some days. Quick taxi ride to Seminyak Square and restaurants on Jl Lksmana for restaraunts, Biku was very handy across the road.
Staff welcoming and helpful at all times.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak best feature is location. It is located right in the heart of Petitenget / Seminyak within walking distance of the most recommended restaurants and trendy hot spots.
I loved the quiet pool area, although there is no staff attending you. I recommend the spa for the quality of its services and amenities. Rooms and bathroom are spacious and fitted with basic yet functional furniture.
However for the picky and people after a luxury experience, this is not a 5* hotel, despite how some websites rate it. Staff are friendly and professional but not trained with the attention to details and automatism you'd expect:
- Rooms are clean, but not as clean as one would expect for that standard; my room could have done with a bit more scrubbing in the bathroom and there should be a bit more attentive cleaning on the upholstery in the room. It makes too obvious that quite few people have been in that room before me... not a thought I need to be reminded of.
- No vanity sets, nor indications of what you can get or not at reception. And don't really want to have to talk and see someone to get cotton buds?! Nice skincare products, though.
- Bath towels not put in the room after cleaning and it took a while to get them; also look grey and "tired";
- Asked to borrow a helmet for an hour at the front-desk, it wasn't possible, even after "checking with the manager". Even though, the hotel rents scooters. Ended up being helped by one of the friendly staff in the front car park.
It is however a good 4* hotel with pretty good amenities and it can be very good value-for-money if you get an attractive/competitive rate.

Note also that it is quite a popular place for parents with kids.

Despite these details, this is a GREAT place. I did enjoy my short stay and would stay there again as well as recommend it. And remember, the location is just perfect.

Room Tip: Get a room giving to the Quiet pool area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Semara Spa Resort was everything we imagined plus more. The staff were very welcoming, always attentive and helpful, very friendly and did an amazing job of creating a calm and relaxed environment. The rooms were very large, comfortable, great decor and clean. The resort as a whole was extremely clean and well maintained. There were two swimming pools, one offering a quiet hidden location whilst the other offered a more social aspect where you could lounge by the the pool and have the option to have a bite to eat. We enjoyed a number of the pampering packages at the day spa - they were amazing and it was an abosolutely beautiful setting. I would highly recommend this resort and will be going back. Thank you Samara staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak? Share your experiences!