We arrived at Semara without a reservation, after leaving the hotel we had originally booked in Seminyak (that’s another story).
Hotels/Resorts like Semara are not normally somewhere we would choose to stay as we prefer smaller hotels, however upon arrival at Semara and looking at the rooms, we decided it would be the perfect location to spend the rest of our time in Bali.
LOCATION: Semara is located on JL Petitenget in Seminyak. Right beside the road to Potato Head.
The location is far enough away from the main shopping streets of Seminyak so you can escape the traffic, but close enough that you can easily reach everything by a 5 minute drive. There are plenty of great eating places nearby.
TYPE OF ROOM: We stayed in 2 types of rooms at Semara.
Room 404 – Superior Room.
This room was in an area of the resort which is zoned as a quiet area, with your own lawn and pool area. The room itself was beautiful with a big comfortable bed, and nice furnishings.
The downside to this room was that although it was beautiful, it was located along the side road which is the main access for Potato Head bar, and therefore quite a lot of evening traffic both on foot and on wheel was going past the room until well after 1am.
After 2 nights with not a lot of sleep in 404 (due to traffic to and from Potato Head) we made the difficult decision to upgrade to an Executive room to the other side of the hotel.
The decision was difficult because the Executive rooms are not as secluded and are not furnished in the same style as the Superior rooms.
Our Executive room was 291. The Executive room was a much larger room (square metre wise) which is why you pay more to stay in it, however furnishings in 404 were nicer. Sleep quality in 291 was much better, no road noise at all.
The bathroom in 404 was stunning. The middle of the room was set with a huge stone bath, one side of the bathroom had a double hand basin and toilet room, and the other had the shower. There was a bamboo ladder to hang towels on.
The bathroom in 219 was nice, but not as large as 404. It also offered a large bathtub, double hand basin, shower and toilet. There was no towel rack/rail in this room.
The water pressure in both rooms was fantastic.
The hotel have an amenities program where body wash, conditioner and shampoo containers and refilled rather than replaced every day, I think this is a great initiative in terms of reducing environmental impact.
CLEANLINESS: Both rooms were spotlessly clean.
CLOSET SPACE: There was plenty of closet space in both rooms, and lots of space in the rooms themselves for storing bags and luggage.
TV/INTERNET: There was a large TV in each room with an excellent selection of Indonesian and English channels.
Wi-Fi was free throughout the resort, and we had full strength in both our rooms.
In fact with the assistance of the staff we booked our room at Semara online whilst sitting in the hotel lobby and using the free Wi-Fi.
BREAKFAST: The breakfast selection was quite extensive, however appeared to be fairly much the same variety of Western and Indonesian food every day. There was also an omelette chef.
The food at breakfast was tasty and personally I was quite happy with what was provided.
The breakfast times are quite strict with breakfast finishing at 10am, in fact they started to pack up about 9.45am which I believe is too early when you’re on holidays.
SERVICE: After driving around all morning trying to find accommodation in Seminyak in the middle of their high season, it was nice to arrive at Semara and have the smiling face of Dewi to assist us.
Dewi, a fellow male staff member and their manager went out of their way to show us the various room options, recommend the best way to book, and allowed us to sit in their hotel lobby to access the Wi-Fi and make our reservation.
The room we chose was cleaned early so that we could check in earlier than the scheduled 2pm check in time.
OVERALL: If you’re looking for nice hotel, with friendly staff and beautiful rooms, Semara ticks the box. Our favourite rooms were the Superior rooms, however due to the road noise it would be best to ask for one as far from the road as possible, there are only 4 of these rooms though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Semara Resort and Spa, is perfectly located in the heart of Seminyak and only a short walk to the beach. You will find us conveniently situated between W Resort and Spa and Ku De Ta. Our luxury boutique resort is set amongst superbly landscaped tropical gardens where one can take in the ambiance from their own private balcony or enjoy a cocktail or sumptuous tasty treat by the pool. At Semara, we place particular emphasis on spa treatments & wellness activities such as yoga and aqua aerobics and for those traveling with children, we will be offer the island's best kids club experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Semara Resort And Spa Seminyak
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Bali